Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:20

Short Fat Fanny
Always thought his name is Mick Jagger...is it just some kind of obsession you are repeating it in almost every single post ?
Just curious and asking..

Well, he is a member of the chivalry. I just follow protocol.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:23

Four Stone Walls
Many different versions but still the interesting thing for me is it's genesis.

Listened again to first version again and again am really convinced it's a Ronnie song. All his hallmarks. And his style of his first album. A definite Faces feel to it. Loose. I strongly suspect that Keith and he messed about on this and that the lead parts were originally his. The drumming is like Newmark would do.

Keith with downtime in October '74 pulled in some players to lay it down. No Woody, so Page. No Newmark and Weeks either.

Mick ' where's the Party's Jagger might have been there in '73 or '74 when it being attempted first. But Keith was the house, basement, live-in band mate. Was there an original tape that Keith had access to in late '74?

Yes the genesis of the tune is interesting Four Stone Walls - more interesting than the multiple 2020 results imo, and that scenario of it being a Ronnie tune makes perfect sense.
Would be really interesting to hear the original "genesis" version sans 2020 vocals and polished up overdubs, edits, remixes, etc., etc. which has now been confirmed there's three bloody versions.
And in a matter of a few hours, there will be a fourth version with the video which more than likely will be tainted with dialogue interspersed throughout.
If they were being honest, they'd also add the original demo track to the Deluxe along with the 2020 version with all the snazzy/awkward "special" effects.
Would be really nice to have just the damn vintage '74 Keith/Page demo, warts and all.

EDIT: For those who haven't seen this and/or are looking forward to this video - official preview:

Not sure if it's a soap opera or a music video....maybe a combo of both.
As the DailyMail wrote last week "...the Brown Sugar hitmakers... hope Paul's appearance will bring a 'fresh twist' to their image".

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 19:33 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:44

"three bloody versions" lol...

A the risk being called creepy or stalking, as opposed to having a working memory..
Wasn't it you who was just going to make some kind of "ultimate customized marathon extended version" or similar of all the LIAGT variations ?? winking smiley

Like it, don't like it.. but at least try to be consistent in pulling reasons out of you're arse to trash it winking smiley

Date: August 6, 2020 19:49

Living in a Ghost Town is not Scarlet, and I'd love an extended version of Ghost Town.
Scarlet is a different animal of a lower tier, and all of the various remixes seem completely unnecessary IMO.

Date: August 6, 2020 19:53

Stoneage
NilsHolgersson
What's with all the music videos without the actual Stones? The record company doesnt want us to know they look old? Well they're in their late seventies, I want to see their wrinkly old faces, not some hot shot young actors

Basically, The Rolling Stones 2020 is Sir Michael. The others are in quarantine. Commander is doing all the work with the reissues. From promotion to the videos.
When it comes to work load off stage I would say Commander has done 90 percent of the work since decades.

You're right, but can't forget Keith's "three dynamite riffs" he was boasting about way back in 2016/17.
Maybe they'll make it on to a new album some day...whether with the Stones or a solo album...seems a waste to know they're just sitting there stagnant.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 6, 2020 19:56

Four Stone Walls

Listened again to first version again and again am really convinced it's a Ronnie song. All his hallmarks. And his style of his first album. A definite Faces feel to it. Loose. I strongly suspect that Keith and he messed about on this and that the lead parts were originally his. The drumming is like Newmark would do.

Keith with downtime in October '74 pulled in some players to lay it down. No Woody, so Page. No Newmark and Weeks either.

Mick ' where's the Party's Jagger might have been there in '73 or '74 when it being attempted first. But Keith was the house, basement, live-in band mate. Was there an original tape that Keith had access to in late '74?

No offense. To be honest it doesn't remind me of a solely Ron Wood riff. Thanks for the comments but I don't hear Ms Judy's Farm, Stay With Me, Angel, or even I can Feel the fire in this song.

All said, it is really a hodge -podge of any or everything crossing Led Zepplin notable riffs along with the Stones".

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 6, 2020 20:56

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:04

All I know is I can't get the song out of my head.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:10

Chris Fountain
Four Stone Walls

No offense. To be honest it doesn't remind me of a solely Ron Wood riff. Thanks for the comments but I don't hear Ms Judy's Farm, Stay With Me, Angel, or even I can Feel the fire in this song.

All said, it is really a hodge -podge of any or everything crossing Led Zepplin notable riffs along with the Stones".

None taken. I was thinking of his style on his girl um. But also like tunes called Tell Everyone, but anyway the loos and relaxed style.

Cheers.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:12

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:14

riccardo99
[www.youtube.com]

War On Drugs Remix = fourth version?

N

Date: August 6, 2020 21:21

Well that was a harmless yet odd video, and I'm sure the young teeny bopper fans of actor Paul Mescal will be swooning....
Main takeaway for me was during the pre-video clip of Mick and Paul chatting, and Mick says regarding the origins of the tune:
"It wasn't really a Rolling Stones record..." which pretty much confirms what some of us already thought.

Now that this chapters over (or is it?) with the multiple remixes, video, etc, hopefully they'll move on to whatever's next with the GHS deluxe.
Going back to the superior Criss Cross now while Mick decides the next move - looking forward to it. thumbs up

Date: August 6, 2020 21:23

That was an interesting interview.. prefer the other video, but liked this one some, will have to watch again but put a bit of a story to it.
Mick is a really good interviewer imo, seems to really be engaged. Both of them were good, kind of a mutual interview that come off nicely like a casual chat.

Also good to hear a bit more about a "new album" and how he's putting some vocals on a few and "focus on some of the other ones, trying to finish them off"..

Yes, please.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:26

And again much talking of Mick about songs in progress, adding voices. Even says again, new writings......

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:28

Bit disappointing they’ve jumped on the “Normal People” bandwagon. Most young folks will watch that video cos of who’s in it, not the music. They used to set trends not follow them. Also a bit worrying to think how much Mick obviously enjoyed that series. If not surprising.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:31

vertigojoe
Bit disappointing they’ve jumped on the “Normal People” bandwagon. Most young folks will watch that video cos of who’s in it, not the music. They used to set trends not follow them. Also a bit worrying to think how much Mick obviously enjoyed that series. If not surprising.

Smart advertising...... wht not?
They have me already!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 6, 2020 21:35

Hairball
Well that was a harmless yet odd video, and I'm sure the young teeny bopper fans of actor Paul Mescal will be swooning....
Main takeaway for me was during the pre-video clip of Mick and Paul chatting, and Mick says regarding the origins of the tune:
"It wasn't really a Rolling Stones record..." which pretty much confirms what some of us already thought.

Now that this chapters over (or is it?) with the multiple remixes, video, etc, hopefully they'll move on to whatever's next with the GHS deluxe.
Going back to the superior Criss Cross now while Mick decides the next move - looking forward to it. thumbs up

Not exactly breaking news that Mick stated "it wasn't really a Rolling Stones song".. in it's former incarnation.
We all knew that from the jump didn't we? Really glad it is now though.

Date: August 6, 2020 21:39

Christiaan
vertigojoe

Smart advertising...... wht not?
They have me already!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

To me this is still trendsetting... A bit more media buzz for the album release and still showing their (dwindling) peers and others how to do it.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:40

Could anyone post the link with the interviews with Jagger and Mescal? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!! smileys with beer

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:40

Living in a ghost hotel.
Which location?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:42

I haven't followed "Normal People" or Paul Mescal. So for me Paul Mescal is a nobody. They might as well have used any young male model.
I hear the series received good reviews though. Also here in Sweden. Especially young women were taken by it.
Maybe some of Sir Michael's daughters or granddaughters also?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 6, 2020 21:43

thumbs down

smileys with beer

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:16

Well I luv the song, but that video thumbs down
i understand trying to bring in a younger audience with this actor and also there is a pandemic going on,
so not your normal music video shoot,
but at least put some actual Rolling Stones references in the video?
A photo of the band or some tounges maybe?

Date: August 6, 2020 22:20

vertigojoe

Agreed - seems there's a sense of desperation on Micks part. When all else fails, jump on a bandwagon, take advantage of it, and hope to make a bigger impression.
The problem is the target audience of this video is teeny boppers who don't give a crap about the old Rolling Stones - they're only interested in the young actor and his show.
Seems a waste of time really as I don't think many (if any) of the young "Normal People" fans will suddenly convert to fans of a band that's as old as their Grandparents.
Hopefully the young actor was paid properly for his time and effort, and that it doesn't tarnish his reputation or that he eventually regrets it.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:23

Stoneage
Short Fat Fanny
Always thought his name is Mick Jagger...is it just some kind of obsession you are repeating it in almost every single post ?
Just curious and asking..

Well, he is a member of the chivalry. I just follow protocol.
Well, he is a member of the Rolling Stones. Never saw any other credits in this context than "Mick Jagger"...
anyway,..go ahead with your honourable intentions...
Sorry for disturbing the Scarlet party...

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:33

Seen Normal People on tv and coincidentally finished the book today. Mick, I understand, likes to "keep up" so I totally get Paul Mescal being in the video even if it's a bit uninspired. But Scarlet is a great song even if it's been tampered with and it's a real grower.

Date: August 6, 2020 22:38

When did stones fans get so gawdamm old and cranky?
Lawd.. just like Kirsten Stewart's Ride 'em on Down video, nice to see the well done artistic collaborations.
Not intended to be earth shattering, or make new fans necessarily .. but to promote the album, you know, like artists do.

So many aging RS fans have gone from Get Off Of My Cloud to Get Off Of My Lawn cool smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 22:42

Rolling Stones 2020 is definitely Mick Jagger band.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:02

Pick a trendy looking person, put an old/new Stones/Non-Stones song to the tune in a music video....

Guess I like it better than the lip sync play along videos they'd done decades ago, but would like to see more of a story telling music video to match the lyrics.

Seems like the production was rushed.

Seems like this was an offer to a hot actor to have a few drinks, learn the lyrics and sing along and improvise- not a bad acting job but nothing I'd go out of my way to share or watch again.

Looking forward to the new music and 2022 tour

Date: August 6, 2020 23:03

I just saw the new video for this song. What were they thinking? It's horrible.

Even if they had used old clips from the 70's it would have been better than this.

It almost ruins the track.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home