Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: August 5, 2020 14:32

DandelionPowderman
FoolToCry
Now we have 3 different versions of Scarlet.
BBC Version
Album Mix
Single Mix

What differs the album-version from the BBC-version?

The BBC version is the Single Mix, but shorter and with little different drums during the guitar intro break in the middle of the song

Date: August 5, 2020 14:45

Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 5, 2020 14:47

FoolToCry
DandelionPowderman
FoolToCry
Now we have 3 different versions of Scarlet.
BBC Version
Album Mix
Single Mix

What differs the album-version from the BBC-version?

The BBC version is the Single Mix, but shorter and with little different drums during the guitar intro break in the middle of the song

It seems a different drum and bass during the whole song. Am i wrong?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 5, 2020 18:26

I remember I listened to the song about 10 times early in the morning of its release date and then hearing the different mix on the way to work and I made a post about it. No one responded so I thought it was all in my head. I guess senility has completely set in yet. LOL. I do prefer the radio mix

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2020 18:37

So...trying to decipher all of this mess....

The single mix will indeed be the 7"single (?), but will not be on the variations of the Deluxe album or the cd proper .
And the BBC version...it is the single mix, but shorter and with little different drums during the guitar intro break in the middle of the song, or maybe a different drum and bass during the whole song?
Not sure the reason for all the confusion, but maybe they're just sort of winging it...the first release might not have been received as well they wanted or hoped, so they go to plan B BBC mix, and from there the single mix...or vice versa...Now they're gearing a video with an actor whose evidently a current favorite of young teeny boppers...Whatever the case, still waiting for another remix and a radical one. Considering the odd pedigree of this tune (Keith, Page, other outsiders, recorded well after GHS, and possibly not even intended as a Stones tune), I'd look forward to something that reshapes it to make it something whole and "complete" vs. the mishmash unevenness that sounds incomplete and sort of tossed together - like a mixed salad with a bit too many ingredients. Strip it down and shave off the excess...make it something completly brand new vs. an old throwaway tune with some new Jagger vocals slapped on top of it...maybe an extended dance/dub/reggae/club mix....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 18:40 by Hairball.

Date: August 5, 2020 18:43

Rip This
single mix is smokin".....like the different Jagger vocal too..

Yes this is even better than first version.

Scarlet works!

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 5, 2020 19:16

I love the single mix!! Can't wait to play it on the 7" inch single!! smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 19:17 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 5, 2020 19:36

Rockman
HEY YEAH better mix ...... But the old
guys on here still wont dig it ..... hhhaaaaaa

What a drag it is ........ fill in da blanks

Ahhh .... How old was Rockman when he saw the Stones in '73, lucky fella.

And by the way, it's uncanny, your resemblance to Keith Richards, circa '74.

Or, I get it, Rockman is Keith which explains the resemblance AND his presence at Melbourne in '73, and infact that getting old is not a drag st all, at all.

Except occasionally when you have to put up with Mick pasting his vocals over one of your songs that you would like to have sung yourself on a Stones album, 'back in the day'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 19:43 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: August 5, 2020 22:22

Cristiano Radtke

[twitter.com]

[m.youtube.com]

Does he get his cock out?!?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: August 5, 2020 23:50

Where do you hear the bbc mix?

Date: August 5, 2020 23:52

Bashlets

The Single Mix is the same as the one played on the BBC

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 6, 2020 00:04

It does seem strange, in this day and age, that Scarlet has been 'released' ('dropped' , let out to the public) in such a weird and haphazard manner. Various (slightly) different versions.

Seems like a muddle, or plain incompetence.

I can imagine the angry Zoom calls: ''No! I said I wanted mix 32.4 released! You buffons put out 33.4!''

Also, in the 'Single Mix' who sings 'yeah' after '..sleeve'? (at 2,38) - it sounds so cool!

Posted by: guezeg ()
Date: August 6, 2020 00:08

I think that the Single Mix and the BBC Mix are different : the BBC mix is shorter.

The second main guitar starts at around 00:10 on both mixes, the final "Scarlet, you excite me" is around the 03:00 on the Single Mix and around the 02:40 mark on the BBC Mix. Plus the second main guitar is higher in the BBC Mix.

The BBC Mix can be heard on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show podcast through the BBC app.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 6, 2020 00:14

Also, I feel a little sorry for those that can't forget the minutiae and just lose themselves in a groovy, bitter-sweet and soulful oddity.

I listen to this on repeat right now. It winds its way through my brain through the days, and plays loud into my ears at night on this sultry Mediterranean island.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 00:15 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2020 00:28

Also, I feel a little sorry for those that can't forget the minutiae and just lose themselves in a groovy, bitter-sweet and soulful oddity.

awwww well they dig around and try
their hardest ta find something to sook about ....

They've just grown old and sour that's all ..

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2020 01:40

Lockdown ain't easy Keith.

You keep positive now.

Mick can't t touch your latest album.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 6, 2020 02:24

Well, what can a poor boy do?

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 6, 2020 02:59

Popped the Ghost Town cd single in my car stereo today as it's been some time since hearing it. Wow!
Funny to have a cd single that's only 4 minutes long as just as your getting in to it...BAM!...it's over!
Luckily it starts again right away from the beginning, so probably heard it on repeat about six times before reaching my destination.
It's a mighty fine tune, and I could never imagine thinking a brand new original Stones tune from 2020 would be way better than a vintage oldie Keith/Jimmy Page jam c. 1974, but I'll be damned if it ain't true.
Turns out the Stones surprised me with such a tasty tune capturing the Pandemic vibe, and only wish they'd release more new stuff of a similar quality vs. spending so much time tinkering away on ecades old throwaways.
Still think the vocal effects Mick uses on Ghost are odd and unnecessary (auto-tune? Or maybe vocoder?), but sort of got used to that a long time ago. Still wish there would have been a killer dub B-side too, but oh well...
Anyhow, I'm sure many of you are thrilled about the new Scarlet video about to be released....seems odd to me they'd do it after two weeks of releasing the song itself, but I guess they have nothing else to do right now.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 6, 2020 03:00

What's with all the music videos without the actual Stones? The record company doesnt want us to know they look old? Well they're in their late seventies, I want to see their wrinkly old faces, not some hot shot young actors

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 6, 2020 03:46

JordyLicks96
I love the single mix!! Can't wait to play it on the 7" inch single!! smiling bouncing smiley

Same!
It will be nice to have both, assuming that's the way it will come.

Date: August 6, 2020 03:56

NilsHolgersson
What's with all the music videos without the actual Stones? The record company doesnt want us to know they look old? Well they're in their late seventies, I want to see their wrinkly old faces, not some hot shot young actors

The music video to 'Ghost Town' contained plenty of shots of the boys recording the song in the studio. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 04:14 by JordyLicks96.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2020 09:08

he music video to 'Ghost Town' contained plenty of shots of the boys recording the song in the studio.

From memory those studio shots/footage
were listed as being from last September ....

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2020 11:24

JordyLicks96
NilsHolgersson

The music video to 'Ghost Town' contained plenty of shots of the boys recording the song in the studio. cool smiley

Yeah, hard to miss! Loved the backing vocals-scenes thumbs up

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 6, 2020 13:04

JordyLicks96
Bashlets

The Single Mix is the same as the one played on the BBC

[www.youtube.com]

I purchased the “single mix” on ITunes yesterday separate of the deluxe album. Afterwards on the deluxe it showed Scarlet as purchased are they The same?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 6, 2020 14:12

NilsHolgersson

Doom and Gloom
[youtu.be]

Hate to see you go
[youtu.be]

Living in a ghost Town
[youtu.be]

...you can see all their majestic old age!!!

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 6, 2020 15:17

Rockman
The music video to 'Ghost Town' contained plenty of shots of the boys recording the song in the studio.

From memory those studio shots/footage
were listed as being from last September ....

Actually it was from February 2019 in LA.
[twitter.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2020 16:33

NilsHolgersson

Basically, The Rolling Stones 2020 is Sir Michael. The others are in quarantine. Commander is doing all the work with the reissues. From promotion to the videos.
When it comes to work load off stage I would say Commander has done 90 percent of the work since decades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-06 16:37 by Stoneage.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: August 6, 2020 17:30

guezeg
I think that the Single Mix and the BBC Mix are different : the BBC mix is shorter.

The second main guitar starts at around 00:10 on both mixes, the final "Scarlet, you excite me" is around the 03:00 on the Single Mix and around the 02:40 mark on the BBC Mix. Plus the second main guitar is higher in the BBC Mix.

The BBC Mix can be heard on the Zoe Ball Breakfast Show podcast through the BBC app.

Well spotted, the Radio Edit (it also ran on RTÈ radio in Ireland) is about 22 seconds shorter than the Single Mix. Now we have three versions of Scarlet (including the album version).

N

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2020 18:27

Stoneage
NilsHolgersson

Basically, The Rolling Stones 2020 is Sir Michael. The others are in quarantine. Commander is doing all the work with the reissues. From promotion to the videos.
When it comes to work load off stage I would say Commander has done 90 percent of the work since decades.

Always thought his name is Mick Jagger...is it just some kind of obsession you are repeating it in almost every single post ?
Just curious and asking...

Date: August 6, 2020 18:55

Many different versions but still the interesting thing for me is it's genesis.

Listened again to first version again and again am really convinced it's a Ronnie song. All his hallmarks. And his style of his first album. A definite Faces feel to it. Loose. I strongly suspect that Keith and he messed about on this and that the lead parts were originally his. The drumming is like Newmark would do.

Keith with downtime in October '74 pulled in some players to lay it down. No Woody, so Page. No Newmark and Weeks either.

Mick ' where's the Party's Jagger might have been there in '73 or '74 when it being attempted first. But Keith was the house, basement, live-in band mate. Was there an original tape that Keith had access to in late '74?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home