Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 3, 2020 07:56

DandelionPowderman
The chorus is great. I like the bridge, too. The riff and the verse are not very good, imo.

Exactly what I feel thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 3, 2020 10:17

The chorus takes it all - who can resist?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 3, 2020 15:18

chorus and bridge are everything. Killer. It gets stuck in the head.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 3, 2020 17:58

That chorus sounds fantastic - that chord progression A to C#M to BM to E always sounds great. Can not go wrong with that progression.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 3, 2020 20:11

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 3, 2020 21:06

Me thinking about all of the people who'll complain about the music video too tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 3, 2020 21:15

Date: August 3, 2020 21:20

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 3, 2020 21:50

JordyLicks96
Me thinking about all of the people who'll complain about the music video too tongue sticking out smiley

Same cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-04 03:47 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 4, 2020 03:32

Whatever this track is, whoever is on it - so what.

The days of this kind of thing happening are dwindling - and this one is a treat, really.

Date: August 4, 2020 05:20

GasLightStreet
Whatever this track is, whoever is on it - so what.

The days of this kind of thing happening are dwindling - and this one is a treat, really.

^^^^^^^ YES x1000 thumbs up

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 4, 2020 06:37

The single/radio edit version is 100 times better

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 4, 2020 10:00

Erik_Snow
The chorus takes it all - who can resist?

Me

Rod

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 4, 2020 10:41

Listening to the radio mix, it's more evident that the MJ vocals are new.

Date: August 4, 2020 12:44

Topi

I prefer the first version. It has more groove and better drum and bass. Anyway, Mick's new vocals are good!

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: August 4, 2020 15:29

Topi
Indeed ! The singing has clearly been redone.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2020 18:45

Not sure if any subtle remix can make too much of a difference - you can remix a turd, and while the final results will be a bit different, the main ingredients remain the same. Unless of course you get some dj/producer to turn it completely inside out, strip it down, add drum machines, etc. such as the Alok remix of Ghost Town. Some hated it, some loved it, some didn't care one way or the other. I actually thought it was somewhat interesting. Maybe/hopefully there will be a radical remix of SAcarlet ala Alok's Ghost Town - even if it's unofficial. Might be interesting to hear something completely different than what they've release so far which is a bit bland imo.

Anyhow, seems there's mixed reactions to the various mixes of Scarlet - some like the radio mix, others like the original mix, while still there's some who like the vocals better on the original yet prefer the radio mix overall.
Wondering which will be the actual 7'single version, and which will be the album/cd version? And if there will be a completely different version for the new video - maybe the lead actor will splice some dialogue over it?

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 5, 2020 00:00

A version with cowbell.

A version with Pinky and Perky singing the background vocals.

And more seriously, a version without Jagger's vocals but some harmonica.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2020 02:54

Now we're talking.

Wondering what it might have sounded like had Ronnie replaced Pages guitar parts.
Alsoi might have been cool to have a bit of Daryll in there to give it more of a funky vibe.
The skies the limit, and I'm sure there will be more versions and remixes before this is all over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 02:54 by Hairball.

Date: August 5, 2020 07:58

The Single Mix of Scarlet is now officially up on YouTube!! cool smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: August 5, 2020 10:27

Dare I say the chorus to Scarlet is more infectious than a roomful of corona patients? It is superior to anything on Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon, A Bigger Bang as well as Living in a Ghost Town. If you’re immune to Scarlet, what, pray tell, are you holding out for? Short of more time travel to the seventies, they can’t top this.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 5, 2020 10:31

How dare you?

Nothing is superior to anything on Dirty Work!

Date: August 5, 2020 11:32

JordyLicks96

[www.youtube.com]

Now we're talking!

This is much better. A little more vocals towards the end sort of tied the dots and made it a song (well, almost). Keith's guitar turned a bit more down in the mix also made the sound more balanced.

When that bridge comes it sounds like it's shot out of cannon. Priceless grinning smiley

I suspect that Mick didn't add any vocals to this one at all before 2020. He did a fantastic job this time, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 11:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:18

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

[www.youtube.com]

Now we're talking!

This is much better. A little more vocals towards the end sort of tied the dots and made it a song (well, almost). Keith's guitar turned a bit more down in the mix also made the sound more balanced.

When that bridge comes it sounds like it's shot out of cannon. Priceless grinning smiley

I suspect that Mick didn't add any vocals to this one at all before 2020. He did a fantastic job this time, imo.

Similar thoughts here. Some sort of song is shaping up there.... grinning smiley

The balance between guitars is better here and I am starting to hear Jimmy more properly, and I even him having a point being there. If it initially sounded to me a pure Keef show (riff experiment) where Page, with no much room, just trying to add something, now it sounds like a Keith/Jimmy -colloboration. Those guitars actually have a true dialogue. There are some true '70s stones meet 70s zeppelin' moments there, which - at least in my book - has an unique historical value (forget that breathless 80s stadion rock number from DIRTY WORK). Sadly the guys didn't develop the song any further, there are interesting ideas there going on, but they end up sounding like sketches, and the whole song like a torso. I hear the song more properly now, but it still sounds like a catchy and very potential chorus (and middle eight) is wasted there....

Like pointed out by people here, this radio mix quite clearly shows that Mick's vocal contribution is a new one. As mixed more front, the nuances and certain manouvres he uses are something typical for a 'mature' Jagger like the whole tone of his voice. Damn good job - I'll join there to Jimmy Page's praisal.

A fantastic release altogether. An interesting addition to their recorded history. Of course only to diehards and historians.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:29

HEY YEAH better mix ...... But the old
guys on here still wont dig it ..... hhhaaaaaa

What a drag it is ........ fill in da blanks

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:50

When reading all these negative comments here I wonder how much we have Don Was to blame here. His comment of "a hit then, a hit now" might have increased the expectations a bit too high, no?

Anyway, that's my interpretation to make sense of all the negativity. "Scarlet" clearly is what it is: a reject, not a second coming of, say, "Brown Sugar". As it is, not properly worked out song, I don't see it having any chance making any of GOATS HEAD SOUP, IT'S ONLY ROCK'N'ROLL, BLACK AND BLUE or, say, TATTOO YOU (of course, only the two last one would have being possible).

Anyway, to me the song comes from an era when any of Stones experiments sounds interesting, and having a historical value in documenting their musical development. It is pretty hard for me be very 'objective' about it (in terms of how 'good'/'bad' it is), and I am not to keen on checking my inner 'liking' factor all the time (and even less keen on reporting about it here). I like it as it is. It invites me to listen it. It gives me joy. Torsos like it tell more what they say.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 12:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: August 5, 2020 12:56

Now we have 3 different versions of Scarlet.
BBC Version
Album Mix
Single Mix

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 12:56 by FoolToCry.

Date: August 5, 2020 13:09

FoolToCry
Now we have 3 different versions of Scarlet.
BBC Version
Album Mix
Single Mix

What differs the album-version from the BBC-version?

Date: August 5, 2020 13:12

DandelionPowderman
JordyLicks96

[www.youtube.com]

Now we're talking!

The single mix is my prefer version thumbs up
BBC version is ruined by new dull/monotonous drum and bass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-05 13:14 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 5, 2020 14:10

single mix is smokin".....like the different Jagger vocal too..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home