Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 25, 2020 23:20

That listing is a total mess, not only those two tracks but you mean to tell me on this supposed digital deluxe version, the album tracks are interspersed with the new outtakes, which are interspersed with random cuts from the Brussels set?

Sounds pretty goofy to me. Based on that, until further notification, I would say FUBAR.

jb

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2020 23:25

I think it's a fault by Amazon and the Track-order is still correct on [Music.Apple.com] .

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 25, 2020 23:25

Cristiano Radtke
Irix
mitch

"Funny" detail: the tape indicates this track has been recorded the 5/10/74, more than one year and half after the Goats Head Soup release... even after the It's Only Rock'n Roll sessions!

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

The runtime of the 2020 released 'Scarlet' is 3m:44s - [Music.Apple.com] .

"Subject: Cockroaches"

I thought I remembered seeing the number "2" in front of that second notation on the tape box. Sure looks like it means track number 2, as opposed to how it appears on the "official" youtube video now, where they have removed the 2 which makes it look like notes for track 1. Wonder what the fack thats about?

You might also notice the time for Scarlet, 3:05, is way shorter than the official youtube version, as I recall anyway.

So what the heck do we really have here?

jb

Date: July 25, 2020 23:30

jbwelda

So what the heck do we really have here?

The 2020 Extended Mix .... winking smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 26, 2020 00:27

Rockman
Scarlet .... hang with it
It slowly creeps up and gets ya ....

it does actually, with a little help from my grappa
smileys with beer

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 26, 2020 01:12

Irix
Hairball

Is it a mistake listing?

Looks like, since [Music.Apple.com] doesn't mention Jimmy Page (and Amazon didn't for Track 11,12 before Scarlet). Also, the whole Track-order is currently mixed up on [www.Amazon.com] .

Here Jimmy Page is mentioned..

[music.apple.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 26, 2020 03:32

NICOS
Irix
Hairball

Is it a mistake listing?

Looks like, since [Music.Apple.com] doesn't mention Jimmy Page (and Amazon didn't for Track 11,12 before Scarlet). Also, the whole Track-order is currently mixed up on [www.Amazon.com] .

Here Jimmy Page is mentioned..

[music.apple.com]

Yes for Scarlet, but that isn't the issue - it's the two additional digital tracks listed on Amazon that say feat. Jimmy Page which is the mistake we're referring to Goats Head Soup (Deluxe)- DIGITAL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 03:34 by Hairball.

Date: July 26, 2020 09:50

NICOS

Here Jimmy Page is mentioned. [music.apple.com]

We meant the yet untitled Tracks 11 & 12 ....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 26, 2020 13:00

I just wrote Scarlet on my face mask!!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: July 26, 2020 15:46

Date: July 26, 2020 15:49

maumau
Rockman
Scarlet .... hang with it
It slowly creeps up and gets ya ....

it does actually, with a little help from my grappa
smileys with beer

Richards funky/reggae riffs is driving me crazy!! It's like a mix of Hey Negrita and Monkey Man...i can't get enough!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 26, 2020 16:25

I havn't read through all of this, perhaps later but my immediate reaction was it was a Ronnie basement track (not IORR out-take) which I think that Keith was fond enough of to want to record in October. (I don't know the exact dates of Ronnie's basement stuff - a protracted period from late winter to spring '74?). Whether Mick was there at it's inception who knows (Perhaps it did start life at IORR sessions?).

But anyway Keith wanted to record it and Mick wasn't there when he did.

So a Jagger 2020 vocal. Unlikely they saved his previous vocals (if any) and spliced them on top. His extra lyrics this year too or 2019. He's been working on this GHS reissue a fair while.

And it's a great song. But there were stronger and more complete ones for Ronnie's great debut album. He had his own gigs to do and doubtless then some Faces gigs and perhaps they recorded a bit too that summer/autumn.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 16:29 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: July 26, 2020 17:38

Nice work on youtube with your guitar lesson

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 26, 2020 18:32

I guess you're right, Four Stone Walls. The great trick must have been to make Sir Michael's voice sound 45 years younger then.
But maybe that isn't that difficult with today's technology? One voice in, another voice out?

Date: July 26, 2020 19:43

Why don't we sing this song all together?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
[youtu.be]

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: July 26, 2020 20:58

Are the vocals new (Jagger). I think so.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 26, 2020 21:42

I feel like some of his inflections on the first verse sound modern. He doesn’t sound at all like the Exile reissue though, and I don’t think that has to do with technology.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:37

TravelinMan
I feel like some of his inflections on the first verse sound modern. He doesn’t sound at all like the Exile reissue though, and I don’t think that has to do with technology.

I'd like to think time has done him really well. On BLUE & LONESOME, he showed just how strong he could be when he sang which continued on "Ghost Town" and now, on 'Scarlet' (if it really is a new vocal).

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:44

Anyway, the lyrics are good. The chord progression in the chorus is superb and unexpected which is why it is a far better song than Criss Cross Man which has a great sound and pace but never goes anywhere.Scalet has a complete story too, presumably sketched out by Keith.

Especially good is the riff, infectiously lively. Far better than anything on IORR which are all so dull and monolithic and frankly limited in conception. Here Keith knows he's gotta goodun.

And it's infact a link into Black and Blue. The missing link. It leads into Hot Stuff (slower), Hey Metrics, there's essentially the same motif in the lead riff in Crazy Mama. Perhaps in Slave too.

Sure the One you Need was Keith's only attempt at a rocker since IORR .... and then this. Vive la difference.

Dancing with Mr D was his last great riff before this.

It belongs far more to Black and Blue period than GHS, with Ronnie's basement the probable incubation place.

I suppose it's possible Jagger did some vocals on it AFTER October at beginning of December '74 session ( when they tried Cherry On Baby? - not sure)..

And the bass is also wonderfully upbeat. It shows how versatile Rick Grech was

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-26 23:33 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:50

Four Stone Walls
Anyway, the lyrics are good. The chord progression in the chorus is superb and unexpected which is why it is a far better Sonny than Cross Cross Man which has a great sound and pace but never goes anywhere.Scalet has a college story too, presumably sketched out by Keith.

Especially good is the rift infectiously lively. Far better than anything on IORR which are all so full and monolithic and frankly limited in conception. Here Keith knows he's gotta goodun.

And it's infact into Black and Blue. The missing link. It leads into Not Stuff (slower), Hey Metrics, there's essentially the same motif in the lead riff in Crazy Mama. Perhaps in Slave too.

Sure the One you Need was Keith's only attempt at a rocker since IORR .... and then this. Vive la difference.

Dancing with Mr D was his last great riff before this.

It belongs far more to Black and Blue period than GHS, with Ronnie's basement the probable incubation place.

I suppose it's possible Jagger did some vocals on it AFTER October at beginning of December '74 session ( when they tried Cherry On Baby? - not sure).
Respectfully disagree.Criss Cross doesn’t go anywhere? I It grooves along like a ride .Its not meant to stop for a guitar solo or chorus.It just has a great groove with great guitar from Keith

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:54

Nice analysis FourStoneWalls.

I totally dig it, and can't stop listening to it. That bridge gets me every time.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 26, 2020 22:57

Best "vault" song for me till now, not taking live-recordings into consideration.

Rockman had a nice description of it yesterday, and yes it's a ramshackle and is nearly falling apart, but that is one of the ingredients that makes it cool

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-27 00:15 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 27, 2020 00:38

The vocals are from 2020, I don't know how some people don't hear it, Mick didn't sing like that in 1974.

Keith vocals are from 1974, most of Mick's new vocals are very well double tracked with Keith, it works great and that's why some people can be confused.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 27, 2020 01:04

georgelicks
The vocals are from 2020, I don't know how some people don't hear it, Mick didn't sing like that in 1974.

Keith vocals are from 1974, most of Mick's new vocals are very well double tracked with Keith, it works great and that's why some people can be confused.

So it is Keith’s vocals, that’s great thanks. thumbs up

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 27, 2020 01:47

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

James James has a ton of Stones' shirts and always does a great job on his guitar lessons.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 27, 2020 02:59

georgelicks

Thank goodness we have you georgelicks. Jagger is AMAZING. Sounding younger as he ages.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 27, 2020 03:06

Keith's lyrics, then?

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: July 27, 2020 07:46

It sounds like Keith and Jimmy are playing two different songs

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 27, 2020 07:57

Maindefender
georgelicks

So it is Keith’s vocals, that’s great thanks. thumbs up

Wondering if the song might have been better without Micks 2020 vocal overdubs, and kept strictly as a vintage Keith vocal c. '74.
Whatever the case, would love to hear the original rough draft...I think there's computer programs where you can erase certain parts of tunes?

Date: July 27, 2020 10:57

georgelicks

The credits were the confusing part for me.

Why do they present wrong credits again and again?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home