Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 22, 2020 18:15

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 22, 2020 18:18

georgie48
Mr.D
I like this one better...smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah, I agree. It would need some polishing off course, but then it could be added to a bonus CD for IORR for instance grinning smiley
"Ah, we overlooked this one and should have been swapped with Scarlet, timewise"
But Ah, as long as we have fun until the new album will be released. Or did "they" (Universal and the band) decide to release every single song meant for the the new album as a single over the next to years? That way we can look forward to concerts with lots of new songs in 2022 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Isn't the reworked title of this the next unreleased song "All The Rage"?

From earlier in the thread..
"HouseBoyKnows
I think someone may have pointed this out already, but All the Rage is the new title for You Should Have Seen Her Ass. I went back and listened to the bootleg and the phrase - all the rage - appears several times in the murky vocals.

HBK"
[iorr.org]

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:22

This is just ok for me. I prefer Criss Cross. It is nice that they finally released it though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 19:23 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:37

thumbs up
Stoneage
Sounds like a seventies outtake. But a seventies outtake is still better than almost everything post 1981... Because in 1974 the Stones were still cooking..

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:37

It is listed for sale on vinyl, as a 7 inch 45 on the Stones site.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:39

Great groove! Love it -
This release really has my blood pumping. First Criss Criss, now Scarlet, it has turned a mediocre summer into a, musically speaking, great one. The tracklogs in the Scarlet mini-doc today - priceless ! Can´t wait for the full treat in September.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:46

Bjorn
A little bit of If you really want to be my friend - and Tops - in the bridge. tongue sticking out smiley

3"Tops", good call ! I also hear "Till the Next Time's" "Can ya, Can ya" in there, no ?

I was a bit underwhelmed on first listen as the song goes in all kinds of places but the chorus is great, very 1975 with these cool minor chords, and there is a good bridge too. Ah and the tuneless rythm guitars..."Gotta Get a Grip" ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:53

MisterDDDD
georgie48
Mr.D
I like this one better...smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah, I agree. It would need some polishing off course, but then it could be added to a bonus CD for IORR for instance grinning smiley
"Ah, we overlooked this one and should have been swapped with Scarlet, timewise"
But Ah, as long as we have fun until the new album will be released. Or did "they" (Universal and the band) decide to release every single song meant for the the new album as a single over the next to years? That way we can look forward to concerts with lots of new songs in 2022 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Isn't the reworked title of this the next unreleased song "All The Rage"?

From earlier in the thread..
"HouseBoyKnows
I think someone may have pointed this out already, but All the Rage is the new title for You Should Have Seen Her Ass. I went back and listened to the bootleg and the phrase - all the rage - appears several times in the murky vocals.

HBK"
[iorr.org]

Hope so, wouldn't be a bad opening trio.....

Date: July 22, 2020 19:54

Rolling Zeppelin...

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 19:57

Scarlet is a huge disappointment.When I read about it years ago. I thought it would be some beautiful ballad like Separately .It sounds like an outtake from I Can Feel the Fire. And I don’t like Pages guitar playing at all .Keith sounds good.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:09

Well, I am sick of the measuring stick of what is good or not!! Not just music.
We should appreciate the song itself in its own context. Why is it folks can listen to Rocks Off or even Hooked on a Feeling by Thomas and try to compare other tunes to subject?

These condescending remarks of this song is nothing short of what has been going on these days.

I like the song - and will listen to it more - If needs polishing well that is up to the Glimmer Twins.

We should be appreciative to hear new material. And now at this point, If they go back on tour, hopefully, no more questioning of setlists from my perspective. We should be proud!!!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:18

you people are out of your minds if you don't like this song.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:22

Rockman
Hey Hey .... It's Only Rock 'n Roll is one funky album

I've always loved it though do feel it is not as great as the preceding and albums after in the 70s.

However, it is the Stones in 1973 and 74 has has enough gold going for it. Three of my absolute favourites are on it - Fingerprint File, TWFNO and Luxury. Those three, maaan! If You Really Want..is another I rate highly. If You Cant Rock Me doesn't have the groovy cool of Rocks Off perhaps but it rocked live on that 1975 tour. .

Overall not as strong as the other 70s records, but by gum it has highlights.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:40

woof ..... That was pretty rough. Definitely an out-take.

Posted by: HearTheWindHowl ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:42

I like this song ....

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2020 20:45

A tad underwhelming, but definitely - for me, anyway - better then Criss Cross. I do think the chorus is rather nice. Not bad.

Date: July 22, 2020 20:46

I like the chorus. The rest sound pretty rough.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 22, 2020 21:01

Writing this first impression upon first listen as the last 30 or so seconds run out - interesting, but not really the lost Holy Grail some had been describing it as.

Second listen- like the funkiness of of the opening and the nice transition to the chorus of "Scarlet", and then some tasty licks.
Not much of a Wings fan, but oddly this is reminiscent of them trying to "rock out" - hope I can erase that impression asap as I don't want to think of Macca when listening to the Stones.
From there on out, seems to go on an on....a bit monotonous really...is it running out of steam towards the end? Yeah, a bit.
And have to say Page's playing sounds a bit sloppy compared to everything else he was recording with Zep around this period,
but then again he produced Zep and had everything nice and polished to his liking with multiple takes, multiple overdubs, etc.

First day verdict 7 out of 10 - considering it's a new/old Stones tune, glad to have it...glad to have anything "new"...
I like Criss Cross much more.

Is the 7" single available on it's own, or is the only way to get it is to purchase this bundle?

Goats Head Soup 2020 – Half-Speed Master 180g Vinyl + Bonus Etched 7”

Haven't had a chance to look around there much, but haven't seen the single alone yet, and that's all I would really want.
If it can only be had via the bundle, what a scam....

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:24

It's an interesting song...does sound like a new Mick vocal, at least in the beginning. I agree that it's similar to Tops in the bridge. I'll definitely listen to this more.

You Should Have Seen Her Ass deserves a release for sure, hopefully a good mix of it!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:25

That bridge, although certainly reminiscent of Tops/IYRWTBM Friend is just ragged perfection! Love it.

When exactly did they forget to make such great bridges? Right after Undercover, I guess.

Also those piled up ragged harmonies/double/triple tracked vocals... To me they are a vital sound of the Stones and completely absent for almost all of their 'recent' work.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:32

The chorus lyrics and vocals are brilliant. They never cease to amaze me.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:40

jumpingjackflash5
anybody's got the chords for this good song!

OMG just figure it out . This isn't rocket science. In fact why waste your time

Date: July 22, 2020 22:53

peoplewitheyes
That bridge, although certainly reminiscent of Tops/IYRWTBM Friend is just ragged perfection! Love it.

When exactly did they forget to make such great bridges? Right after Undercover, I guess.

Also those piled up ragged harmonies/double/triple tracked vocals... To me they are a vital sound of the Stones and completely absent for almost all of their 'recent' work.

Yes to IFRWTBMF, got that at first listen and I've only heard it once. Fun to pull out stuff like that. Hardly a Stones songs with only Mick and Keith. As discussed earlier two extra cuts on the bonus disc also have Jimmy Page?? All The Rage, a cool boogie-woogie could be the best of the unholy trio.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 22, 2020 22:55

Hairball

Is the 7" single available on it's own, or is the only way to get it is to purchase this bundle?

Haven't had a chance to look around there much, but haven't seen the single alone yet, and that's all I would really want.

I'm betting the single will be available as a stand alone, as probably will the next unreleased "All The Rage".. Could be wrong though, as long as they're adding "bundles" I bet more will be coming first though. After our discussion of vinyl I decided I definitely want a vinyl version of this and am holding off now until all the dust settles to see what other variations may be available.

I even had to look up what "etched" vinyl meant.. a picture etched in on the blank side(?). I am definitely out of the loop on vinyl, but this "Half-Speed Master 180g Vinyl + Bonus Etched 7” package looks perfect for me to supplement the cd/bluray set.. Unless they have more bundles coming, maybe one with all three unreleased songs.. who knows?

I liked this one much more than Criss Cross. Perhaps helped that my expectations weren't set in the "holy grail" mode. Criss Cross sounded like they had to put more into the producing/finishing of it and add a hot video to help, where this has better captured the feel, sound, and rawness of the era. Stands out on it's own imo. Makes me look forward to "All The Rage" even more.. which really seems to have even more Stones at that era vibe to it complete with a lot of piano and Bobby's sax.

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:05

Cooltoplady
jumpingjackflash5
anybody's got the chords for this good song!

OMG just figure it out . This isn't rocket science. In fact why waste your time

Best post of this thread so far. thumbs up

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:12

mickboy33
It sounded like a 2020 Mick Jagger on vocals to me.

I agree. The vocals seem to be fairly recent.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:18

I'm curious too. Sounds like the vocals have been tampered with. Like 1974 Jagger and 2020 dito mixed together seamlessly. Or are my ears playing a trick with me?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:23

I downloaded it this morning off iTunes and listened like 5 times. Heard it this morning on a Boston classic rock station and just now on a southern nh radio station. It was different with a few added vocals and it’s slightly different mix. Are there 2 versions circulating now?

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:27

Hairball
Writing this first impression upon first listen as the last 30 or so seconds run out - interesting, but not really the lost Holy Grail some had been describing it as.

Second listen- like the funkiness of of the opening and the nice transition to the chorus of "Scarlet", and then some tasty licks.
Not much of a Wings fan, but oddly this is reminiscent of them trying to "rock out" - hope I can erase that impression asap as I don't want to think of Macca when listening to the Stones.
From there on out, seems to go on an on....a bit monotonous really...is it running out of steam towards the end? Yeah, a bit.
And have to say Page's playing sounds a bit sloppy compared to everything else he was recording with Zep around this period,
but then again he produced Zep and had everything nice and polished to his liking with multiple takes, multiple overdubs, etc.

First day verdict 7 out of 10 - considering it's a new/old Stones tune, glad to have it...glad to have anything "new"...
I like Criss Cross much more.

I really hope the 7" will be available alone as well. I would have bought that version of the release instead of the 2LP set, as I also have Apple Music to listen to the other bonus material. sad smiley

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 23:30

You know, this song made my day. My auncle passed away today, a gret tune to remember her.

I like better than Criss Cross

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home