Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 21, 2020 13:24

.....aaahhh the plot thickens .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2020 13:37

Is it a certified copy? -I don't see a seal by a Notary Public

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: July 21, 2020 14:05

According to NZentgraf's site, at those sessions in early october 1974 Keith, Stu and Jimmy
were accompanied by Rick Grech on bass and Bruce Rowland on drums.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 21, 2020 18:35

... Mick J. is the singer...?

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:03

It's the singer and not the song ......

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:14

I keep thinking it was recorded in May... because that's what it says!

Date: July 21, 2020 19:38

Criss Cross must be a flop if Scarlet is being released less than two weeks later.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: July 21, 2020 21:28

Released tomorrow !!!! 9am BST whatever that is!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 21, 2020 21:45

donvis

Released tomorrow !!!! 9am BST whatever that is!

BST = British Summer Time (=UTC+1). 9am on other places: [www.TimeAndDate.com] .

Date: July 21, 2020 21:45

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 21, 2020 21:47

SonofHarlemShuffler
Criss Cross must be a flop if Scarlet is being released less than two weeks later.

This might make sense if Criss Cross was released as an actual single, but it wasn't so it doesn't, unless you're counting youtube views.
It was basically released as a teaser for the upcoming album - no more, no less.

Date: July 21, 2020 22:11

Hairball
SonofHarlemShuffler

This might make sense if Criss Cross was released as an actual single, but it wasn't so it doesn't, unless you're counting youtube views.
It was basically released as a teaser for the upcoming album - no more, no less.

It's a single. You can buy it. That makes it a single. Nowadays there's no need to wait 4 months for the next single like they used to.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 21, 2020 22:16

GasLightStreet
I keep thinking it was recorded in May... because that's what it says!

In British English, dates are usually written in the order day – month – year, while in American English they are written month – day – year.

So, assuming whoever wrote that date was British, Scarlet likely was cut in October indeed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-21 22:23 by Topi.

Date: July 21, 2020 22:47

As just posted by Nico Zentgraf in a comment on Facebook:

Scarlet was cut on October 5, 1974 as written on the reel‘s label. Keith did overdubs in Berne in November and probably brought it to the Black & Blue sessions where Mick must have worked on it. I hope we get more specific info in the interview tomorrow

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:15

GasLightStreet
Hairball
SonofHarlemShuffler

It's a single. You can buy it. That makes it a single. Nowadays there's no need to wait 4 months for the next single like they used to.

Very true. A single doesn't need a physical release anymore for it to be a single. "One More Shot" was released as an iTunes only single in early 2013. According to georgelicks, "Scarlet" will get a physical release too, which I will absolutely be purchasing if true.

Date: July 22, 2020 03:21

GasLightStreet
Hairball
SonofHarlemShuffler

It's a single. You can buy it. That makes it a single. Nowadays there's no need to wait 4 months for the next single like they used to.[/quote]

I didn't realize it's a single that can be bought. But unlike Ghost Town, there's no physical copies available for purchase as far as I know.
If there is, I'd buy it. If not, I really have no interest in the intangible - especially when it can be heard/seen for free on youtube, etc.
And pardon my ignotance, but if this is some sort of digital single that can be purchased, are there any charts that monitor the success or failure?
I don't recall reading about any in any of the latest GHS threads, and usually georgelicks would give an update...

PS: Out of curiosity, where on earth can this be bought?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 03:31 by Hairball.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 22, 2020 03:25

Topi
As just posted by Nico Zentgraf in a comment on Facebook:

Scarlet was cut on October 5, 1974 as written on the reel‘s label. Keith did overdubs in Berne in November and probably brought it to the Black & Blue sessions where Mick must have worked on it. I hope we get more specific info in the interview tomorrow

So would it be an IORR outtake?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: July 22, 2020 04:51

Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball
SonofHarlemShuffler

I didn't realize it's a single that can be bought. But unlike Ghost Town, there's no physical copies available for purchase as far as I know.
If there is, I'd buy it. If not, I really have no interest in the intangible - especially when it can be heard/seen for free on youtube, etc.
And pardon my ignotance, but if this is some sort of digital single that can be purchased, are there any charts that monitor the success or failure?
I don't recall reading about any in any of the latest GHS threads, and usually georgelicks would give an update...

PS: Out of curiosity, where on earth can this be bought?[/quote]

All sales of singles are kept track of. I bought LIAGT on Google Music. I'm debating on buying Criss Cross, mostly because the bootleg I have from YouTube is probably better but sometimes it's nice to have the official release (I got the edit version of LIAGT off YouTube).

In regard to where the single can be bought (where territories allow, obvioulsy): iTunes, GooglePlayMusic, AmazonMusic. I've used all three. Certainly there are others. You can download with Spotify according to something I read, the rest seem to all be streaming services.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 22, 2020 05:15

Elmo Lewis

It seems they were thinking about it as a b-side.

On a side note, does the BBC allow you to listen to interviews after the fact? I'm not waking up at 3 AM, sorry, Mick.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: July 22, 2020 05:31

Am I right that this would be 3:30 eastern time ? Don’t wanna miss it

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 22, 2020 07:38

tumblingdice
Am I right that this would be 3:30 eastern time ? Don’t wanna miss it

Yes.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: July 22, 2020 07:55

marcovandereijk
According to NZentgraf's site, at those sessions in early october 1974 Keith, Stu and Jimmy
were accompanied by Rick Grech on bass and Bruce Rowland on drums.
So...not a Stones track then...

Date: July 22, 2020 08:16

GasLightStreet
Hairball
GasLightStreet
Hairball
SonofHarlemShuffler

PS: Out of curiosity, where on earth can this be bought?

All sales of singles are kept track of. I bought LIAGT on Google Music. I'm debating on buying Criss Cross, mostly because the bootleg I have from YouTube is probably better but sometimes it's nice to have the official release (I got the edit version of LIAGT off YouTube).

In regard to where the single can be bought (where territories allow, obvioulsy): iTunes, GooglePlayMusic, AmazonMusic. I've used all three. Certainly there are others. You can download with Spotify according to something I read, the rest seem to all be streaming services.

Tried to fix the quoting as it went a bit haywire in last post.

So wondering why they went to all the effort to have a "snazzy" video made for Criss Cross, yet they didn't have physical copies for sale?
Maybe production cost too much for how little they sell these days? And maybe they feel they're milking it all a bit much as I know they'll be doing doing the Scarlet physical releases?
A shame about Criss Cross as I would have loved a physical copy for the collection, but realistically I could probably do without another cd or 10" vinyl single without a B-side.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 22, 2020 08:25

Irix
mitch

"Funny" detail: the tape indicates this track has been recorded the 5/10/74, more than one year and half after the Goats Head Soup release... even after the It's Only Rock'n Roll sessions!

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com]

The runtime of the 2020 released 'Scarlet' is 3m:44s - [Music.Apple.com] .

"Subject: Cockroaches"

Date: July 22, 2020 09:57

TravelinMan
Elmo Lewis

It seems they were thinking about it as a b-side.

On a side note, does the BBC allow you to listen to interviews after the fact? I'm not waking up at 3 AM, sorry, Mick.

Looks like at least some shows can be listened on-demand. Here's the page for the particular program: "The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show":

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Date: July 22, 2020 10:45

The tune sounded OK, I thought. At least it's not "Dancing in the Light" winking smiley

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 22, 2020 10:57

What a great record!! I really love it.. Also good to hear Mick’s voice again on the radio! Nice presents for my birthday, which I celebrate today. 32 licks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 11:13 by RG.

Date: July 22, 2020 11:01

Here's the Spotify link:

[open.spotify.com]

YouTube lyric video:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-22 11:02 by Topi.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 22, 2020 11:07

I liked the song and it was also great to hear Mick giving his usual kind of chit-chat, which always brings a smile smileys with beer

Date: July 22, 2020 11:09

Yes, that's great tune!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home