Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: September 23, 2009 00:06

I'm seeing them live tomorrow at Radio City. Anybode else will be there ? Who do you guys think of their music? I kinda like it, lots of energy and full of potential.

Re: OT: The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 23, 2009 00:17

I bought Fever To Tell and saw them back in '03.

Very good show and I still spin the disc every once in a while.

Have not kept up with them since, but if they came to my town, I'd go see them again.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:55

No No Nos

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:55

I saw them a couple years back, and have since become a fan. I love the last two albums... Very good stuff. I normally don't go for the bass-less bands, but after their debut, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs really got clever and creative with their sound. I really like the disco sound of the latest album. Karen O is pretty cool, too, really punk. Good band.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:20

Great band. Cool New York style...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:37

Started out on harder stuff but soon hit the burgundy ..............

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-23 08:37 by Rockman.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:53

Saw them live in '03 and enjoyed The Fever To Tell album. They were the darlings of the NME that year, but have heard little-to-nothing of their subsequent output.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 23, 2009 10:37

enjoyed Fever to Tell a great deal....saw their debut London show, back in '03.
Karen O is an excellent frontwoman- though recent material has been lacking in quality, imo.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 23, 2009 18:32

I loved them during "Fever To Tell"...the song "Date with the night" defined them as a loud rock band. But then the single "Maps" took off like a rocket--a slower song that really doesn't represent the band. They realized their success and then gravitated towards that sound....and yes....I've stopped caring about their out put since then....they've gone soft...just like all other great bands today that leave their roots and sellout.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: September 23, 2009 18:57

Hmm... I think sometimes bands get bored with their "roots" and move on to more interesting stuff as they become better musicians and songwriters. Many of us love the Stones early R+B stuff, but who can't deny their creativity in later years? With the YYY's, their first album was simple, loud punk rock... which, to an artist like KO, might have gotten old after a while... but I'm sure they'll get back to their roots when they're ready... most bands eventually come around. I wouldn't call it selling out, though, it's too good, too creative and musically superior for that.

Date: September 24, 2009 00:49

I think their last album is really good actually. Anybody else will be at the concert tonight?

Date: October 10, 2009 15:08

My copy of the new LP, IT’S BLITZ! arrived this morning from Amazon and I am absolutely loving it: full of synthesizers and cool beats – and yet, the edginess is still in tact. The opening track – and first single – is a killer.

Date: October 10, 2009 15:14

I wanted to say that IMO they have only gotten better with each release, but Rockman's summing up of them is just too perfect.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 10, 2009 16:29

Big Al
My copy of the new LP, IT’S BLITZ! arrived this morning from Amazon and I am absolutely loving it: full of synthesizers and cool beats – and yet, the edginess is still in tact. The opening track – and first single – is a killer.

Fun use of shopping carts!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 10, 2009 16:34

The lead singer reminds me of Chrissie Hynde.

Comish

Date: October 13, 2009 03:58

Big Al

Big Al, you're absolutely right. "Heads Will Roll" is also an awesome single.

Date: October 13, 2009 10:20

I love Heads Will Roll, as well. I couldn’t believe it was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs upon first listen. What happened to the guitars? It’s a great electro-pop number. Another favorite is Little Shadows - the album closer. It's a little like Maps part 2, only more sophisticated and grand.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 13, 2009 10:39

pleased you're enjoyed it, Al - it's certainly a grower.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home