Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11
Re: Rolling Stones Gear Book
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 12, 2014 12:12

AussieMark
Mathijs

An example: the Ampeg London bass Wyman used is discussed. They first give wrong information (that the first London bass Wyman used was a demo, which it never was, it was a regular production model), and then Wyman states: I have three of them, which I still have in my country house'. So, what would be better for this book then to go to Wyman's country house and photograph those three basses?

I'm not sure what you're referring to here? Ampeg never produced a bass named the "London". Burns sold a bass named the London though. The only Ampeg basses Bill played were the lucite-bodied Dan Armstrong models.

You are absolutely correct, Ampeg was a typo. I meant the Dan Armstrong London bass.

Mathijs

Date: August 14, 2014 01:37

with sssoul
Palace Revolution 2000

Well then that is disouraging; and not at all like the answer I got back.

What answer did you get back, PR2000? to what, from whom? Please elucidate!

Sorry it took me a while to answerr; not around much late;ly.
Andy has a notation on the very last page of the book encouraging feedback and contributions. He told me that there have been only four contacts regarding this, and that he looks forward to hearing from anyone.

And I have no mileage vested in this. I hoped this kind of book would come along for a long time.I'm just happy it was done, and so well. The amount of data that it deals with and just the very subject and personalities are a maze of history and photos, probably a lot of hearsay, evaluating, bad memories. Of course there are going to be mistakes.
This is the very reason sonmeone like Mathijs, who is an auhtority in this kind of stuff, could contribute in a major way to better this book; instead of wasting ink on negativity. All hard fans will only benefit from it.
We saw what can be done thriugh a joint effort in the Ratbag threads. Yes, conceived, fueled and moderated by you, but it was all working togetyher who made those threads practically untouchable.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 14, 2014 08:34

GasLightStreet
Has anyone ever seen this piece of gear Keith's playing? I saw that tour and never saw this. He must've only done it for that show.

Rockman????????

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011
Current Page: 11 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home