Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11
Re: Stones Gear Book
Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 30, 2013 16:53

I was THIS close to ordering the book because I thought Jan 7 looked like it was finally going to be it. And then I saw February delay. Oh, here we go again.. LOL I love the Beatles version of this book.
BTW has anyone seen the book by P. Margotin "All the Songs:..." on the Beatles?

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 30, 2013 20:45

Looks like the book is finally going to be. He even said the number of pages so looks like he have the product in his hands.

Here we go again:
November, 2011
spring of 2012
October 30, 2012
November 27, 2012
January 7, 2014
February 12, 2014
and now:
February 4, 2014

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 31, 2013 15:42

I just pre-ordered mine. Hopefully Feb. 4 is a solid release date.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:36

Just got an email from Jeff. He says that Feb 4 release is solid.

Date: January 1, 2014 00:20

Awesome to hear!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 1, 2014 07:18

I will buy it when I see it on a shelf in a music or book shop. cool smiley

Posted by: ash ()
Date: January 2, 2014 18:33

Looking forward to this. If it's even half as good as the Beatles Gear book it'll be one of the best Stones books ever.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: January 18, 2014 22:58

Just received this message from Amazon today (please excuse the line-outs - don't know where they came from):

We're still trying to obtain the following item

Andy Babiuk, Greg Prevost "Rolling Stones Gear: All the Stones' Instruments from Stage to Studio

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: January 19, 2014 13:25

Got this as a christmaspresant. My wife pre-ordered it from Amazon. So I really hope it is out in february as promised...!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 20, 2014 19:24

Rolling Stones Gear Book Imminent

The Rolling Stones Gear book is out on February 4, 2014. It has taken author Andy Babiuk nine years to complete the mammoth 672-page book. Babiuk has previously authored the acclaimed Beatles Gear.

Rolling Stones Gear is the first book to historically document all of the Rolling Stones’ musical equipment.

A press release says, “It’s also the story of The Rolling Stones, but with a new twist: their history as told through the instruments they used. The book covers not only the group’s personal background, but also every tour and studio session from their inception in 1962 to date, with detailed documentation illustrating what instruments and equipment were used during these periods.

“Every song recorded by the band, including demos and out-takes are also documented, with input from within the Stones’ ranks as well as from people who were involved with the band.

“The lavishly-illustrated book contains hundreds of photographs and rare images, many of which have never been published, including The Rolling Stones’ actual guitars and equipment, which were specially photographed for this book and are seen for the first time.”

[www2.gibson.com]

Date: January 20, 2014 20:28

Really excited for this book!!! Won't help my Harmony Meteor GAS.
[route66classicguitars.com]

Hopefully the band bio part is small. I would guess that those buying this book, and other in-depth Stones books, already know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 20:37 by MingSubu.

Date: January 20, 2014 21:19

Cristiano Radtke
Rolling Stones Gear Book Imminent

The Rolling Stones Gear book is out on February 4, 2014. It has taken author Andy Babiuk nine years to complete the mammoth 672-page book. Babiuk has previously authored the acclaimed Beatles Gear.

Rolling Stones Gear is the first book to historically document all of the Rolling Stones’ musical equipment.

A press release says, “It’s also the story of The Rolling Stones, but with a new twist: their history as told through the instruments they used. The book covers not only the group’s personal background, but also every tour and studio session from their inception in 1962 to date, with detailed documentation illustrating what instruments and equipment were used during these periods.

“Every song recorded by the band, including demos and out-takes are also documented, with input from within the Stones’ ranks as well as from people who were involved with the band.

“The lavishly-illustrated book contains hundreds of photographs and rare images, many of which have never been published, including The Rolling Stones’ actual guitars and equipment, which were specially photographed for this book and are seen for the first time.”

[www2.gibson.com]

thumbs up

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 29, 2014 01:27

Got a strange email from Amazon today saying it's out of stock.

Date: January 29, 2014 01:42

bleedingman
Got a strange email from Amazon today saying it's out of stock.

Uh oh, price change is a coming?

Re: Rolling Stones Gear Book
Date: January 29, 2014 01:57

I pre-ordered so I'm locked in (if I ever get it). Pub date is listed as Jan. 1? Hopefully just Amazon sorting things out, like they did with Sweet Summer Sun's numerous incorrect updates (amount of discs, track listing, etc.).

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 01:58 by bleedingman.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 29, 2014 10:50

Nah...the Amazon UK list it as a Feb 12 release, while the Amazon US (.com) list is as "Temparaily out of Stock" and with a January 1st 2014 release. So I guess the US amazon just isnt updated?

Just got the Beatles Gear book to warm up to this Stones release as I CANT WAIT, and that book was rather nice. Considering its a book about the Beatles, which Im pretty tired of, the book brought back some enthusiasm smiling smiley

Date: January 29, 2014 11:02

Looking forward to this one!

Date: January 29, 2014 14:15

bleedingman, did you pre-order the book?

DandelionPowderman
Looking forward to this one!

smileys with beer

Wish I could forget about it and be suprised when it shows up.

Date: January 29, 2014 15:13

MingSubu
bleedingman, did you pre-order the book?

Yes, MingSubu, in August 2012!

Date: January 30, 2014 23:05

Just got the email. It asked if I wanted to still wait, or cancel. I'll wait. drinking smiley

Like bleedingman, the release date is back to Jan 1.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2014 23:10

Doubt I'll order it. Probably wait to see it in a bookstore first.

Date: January 31, 2014 04:18

Yes, the amazon notice is confusing me too. Went and ordered it from amazon UK. Where the notice actually still makes sense. In USA it says Jan 1???

I am trying to understand the section on amazon where they are selling 'used copies' with 'light shelf wear'. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-31 04:20 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: January 31, 2014 05:53

Have had the book on order since May 4, 2012 ($32.73 at that time; price still holds). I thought I was late to the game when I ordered it, based on buzz at that time. I wonder which IORR's had this on pre-order first!

It's now like a myth: the rumored/talk-about book that's been promised forever. At 672 pages it's considerably larger than his great Beatles Gear book, which tops out at about 256 pages. (To be expected, given the years/gear that has to be covered with the Stones.) Anyway, can't wait to actually get it. Hope they cover the some of the details of the touring PA systems as well, but I won't count on that.

Re: Rolling Stones Gear: All The Stones' Instruments from Stage to Studio
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: January 31, 2014 11:04

Ricky
Thanks to Bostonstranglerno9 ()

[www.amazon.co.uk]

As a matter of interes Ricky what price was quoted by amazon.uk when you first put this link up?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 31, 2014 16:59

Have you ever played one of Keith Richards' Guitars? Andy Babiuk has. The Rochester musician and owner of Fab Gear in Fairport spent nine years working on a new book -- a comprehensive story of the Rolling Stones, told through their instruments. The Book will be released February 4th.

Date: January 31, 2014 17:13

LOOKS AWESOME!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 31, 2014 18:38

Thanks for the video, Lien. Much appreciated! thumbs up

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: January 31, 2014 19:26

To see it in print in that video is great. Now we know it actually existssmiling smiley
Ordering it now.

Re: Rolling Stones Gear: All The Stones' Instruments from Stage to Studio
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: February 1, 2014 00:39

adotulipson
Ricky
Thanks to Bostonstranglerno9 ()

[www.amazon.co.uk]

As a matter of interes Ricky what price was quoted by amazon.uk when you first put this link up?

I can't remember... sorry!

Date: February 1, 2014 01:20

Cool to see it, looks like it'll be ace stuff. Mmmmmm, info on Keith's psychedelic les paul custom!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 3 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1792
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home