Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New rumor - Tour
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:45

The source for this info is a buddy of mine who is not keen on passing rumors. His source is unnamed and in the music industry. My friend cannot confirm any more solid details, neither can I. Both of us take this information with a grain of salt...

The next tour will be the last. The lineup will be Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts. It will be MASSIVE. The biggest Stones tour of all time, and the last. Ticket prices will be expensive.

Can anyone reach Wyman or Taylor for comment? Available? Too much bad blood? Possible to do this?

I am not one to START rumors. This is not something I am making up, it is simply something a buddy of mine claims is legit info being discussed on the table by Jagger. I don't have any other info, but if I do hear anything I will post it.

PS: The only two good songs from the Exile outtakes are I'm Not Signifying (which is smokin hot) and the alternate fast version of All Down The Line on Amazon.

PSS: Even though I love Mick Taylor, Handsome Girls is the greatest Rolling Stones bootleg of all time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-28 05:56 by flacnvinyl.

Re: New rumor - Tour
Posted by: Milan ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:48

Cool rumour.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:53

This "tour" would be quite a diss to Ronnie who did contribute to the Stones for 35 years.

Date: May 28, 2010 05:55

Justin
This "tour" would be quite a diss to Ronnie who did contribute to the Stones for 35 years.

I agree. I'm curious if there's any truth to this rumor...

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:56

Ronnie should definitely stay in the lineup if his health allows so

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:57

(quote) This "tour" would be quite a diss to Ronnie who did contribute to the Stones for 35 years. (unquote)

--- not much, really. In fact, Mick Taylor contributed about a thousand times more to the Stones in 5 years than Wood did in 35.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 28, 2010 05:57

flacnvinyl
I am not one to START rumors.
guess what, you just started one by posting a message about it.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:01

Jolly joke.........

Date: May 28, 2010 06:02

I'd imagine small parts of the rumor might be true: the next one will be the last...it's going to be a huge tour...more expensive.

The part about Taylor and Wyman and no Ronnie? Doubt it. Taylor's health is far more fragile than Ronnie's or anyone else in the band. I doubt Mick would be dumb enough to drop Ronnie all together and pick up Taylor for a "huge, massive" tour that could last 2 years.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:04

I heard it was going to be some guy named Mick Huckfax.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:06

bernardanderson
flacnvinyl
I am not one to START rumors.
guess what, you just started one by posting a message about it.

On this we agree, bernard.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:14

Gimmie the low down baby....just as fast as you please....

Mick T doesn't seem to be able to make his own tour let alone a "massive" Stones tour...

Rumor holds all the seeds of some eventual truth...I am sure there will be a Massive Tour.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:16

I'm not knocking you or anything, I appreciate how you say you and your friend/source take it with a grain of salt, but this is bullshit. No way it will ever happen. As long as they are alive and able to play, there is always the possibility, however unlikely, that Bill and Mick T. might make some appearances, but a full tour is very doubtful.

All parts of the entertainment industry are constantly full of bullshit like this. Some stuff makes it to the general public and some doesn't. People are constantly passing on false rumors and whatnot, sometimes innocently and unknowingly, sometimes not.

A lot of it is just chatter and means nothing. An idea is mentioned at a meeting, or someone thinks out loud about some idea or thought that they aren't even serious about, and from there it gets passed around until enough people believe it's true.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:17

Justin
I'd imagine small parts of the rumor might be true: the next one will be the last...it's going to be a huge tour...more expensive.

The part about Taylor and Wyman and no Ronnie? Doubt it. Taylor's health is far more fragile than Ronnie's or anyone else in the band. I doubt Mick would be dumb enough to drop Ronnie all together and pick up Taylor for a "huge, massive" tour that could last 2 years.

I agree-Taylor's health might be more of a question than Ron's.Maybe with the First class way The Stones can afford to travel and have a full time Dr. on board make things easier on Mick T. If it would be the "Tour To End All Tours" I don't see why thet WOULDNT include both Ron and MT.

Date: May 28, 2010 06:21

boogie1969
I'm not knocking you or anything, I appreciate how you say you and your friend/source take it with a grain of salt, but this is bullshit. No way it will ever happen. As long as they are alive and able to play, there is always the possibility, however unlikely, that Bill and Mick T. might make some appearances, but a full tour is very doubtful.

All parts of the entertainment industry are constantly full of bullshit like this. Some stuff makes it to the general public and some doesn't. People are constantly passing on false rumors and whatnot, sometimes innocently and unknowingly, sometimes not.

A lot of it is just chatter and means nothing. An idea is mentioned at a meeting, or someone thinks out loud about some idea or thought that they aren't even serious about, and from there it gets passed around until enough people believe it's true.

Everything you said is true. Whats your point? I'm just posting exactly what I heard, which is what a rumor is. I have NO proof. I think its a fun rumor, and thats where it ends.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:24

scottkeef
Justin

I agree-Taylor's health might be more of a question than Ron's.Maybe with the First class way The Stones can afford to travel and have a full time Dr. on board make things easier on Mick T. If it would be the "Tour To End All Tours" I don't see why thet WOULDNT include both Ron and MT.

Three guitars? NO! Three guitar bands sound terrible. It's way too much. A jumbled mess.

[www.non-filters.com]

Date: May 28, 2010 06:27

nonfilter
Three guitars? NO! Three guitar bands sound terrible. It's way too much. A jumbled mess.

[www.non-filters.com]

Well, it's actually like two guitars...Keith hardly plays his.

Posted by: stones77 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:30

(quote) Three guitar bands sound terrible. It's way too much. A jumbled mess. (unquote)

- - - unless it's Skynyrd live circa 1976 with Rossington, Collins and Gaines.
Then, it's fantastic.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 28, 2010 06:46

flacnvinyl

The next tour will be the last. The lineup will be Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Mick Taylor, Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts. It will be MASSIVE. The biggest Stones tour of all time, and the last. Ticket prices will be expensive.

The next tour will not be the last. The lineup will be Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts. It will be fairly massive. One of the biggest Stones tours of all time, and the last, until the next one. Ticket prices will be expensive.

Posted by: psustoned ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:00

LOL

Date: May 28, 2010 07:15

nonfilter
scottkeef
Justin

[www.non-filters.com]

In this case it would be three guitarists adding up to about 1 1/2 guitar parts. They need all the help they can get. Might as well have Mick J. jump in there too.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:22

New Rumor Tour..yea..this sounds good..Then got as far as the part where it said Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman........yea right..oOK..?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 07:52

well I say Hi guys !

a new tour ? well it's not impossible
While he was at the Cannes festival, Mick Jagger answered to a french journalist who was asking him :"you regularly go on tour and maybe you will do it again soon with the Rolling Stones..." : I hope so !

isn't it a good news gentlemen ?

Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 28, 2010 08:19

The gigs will be spaced days apart to let Bill's submarines, boats and cars allow him to make each gig w/o flying, and to give Jagger's voice no back-to-back gigs. Taylor will play 13-14 of the 20 songs a night, and he will deliver. Ronnie will be onstage all night; playing on the usual 33% of the setlist that is post-1976 (while Taylor rests with a sports trainer), and he will provide the long-missing ragged keef vocal harmonies, crowd outreach and ghost guitar for the rest of set. Mick J will make it a point to sing Let It Loose and Winter at every gig for a small coterie of fans at IORR. Chuck will bring one of Nicky Hopkins real pianos along for the tour and use it on over half of the songs. Keith (newsflash!) will be Keith. And Charlie will be good tonight, every night of the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-28 08:21 by winter.

Date: May 28, 2010 08:59

winter
The gigs will be spaced days apart to let Bill's submarines, boats and cars allow him to make each gig w/o flying, and to give Jagger's voice no back-to-back gigs. Taylor will play 13-14 of the 20 songs a night, and he will deliver. Ronnie will be onstage all night; playing on the usual 33% of the setlist that is post-1976 (while Taylor rests with a sports trainer), and he will provide the long-missing ragged keef vocal harmonies, crowd outreach and ghost guitar for the rest of set. Mick J will make it a point to sing Let It Loose and Winter at every gig for a small coterie of fans at IORR. Chuck will bring one of Nicky Hopkins real pianos along for the tour and use it on over half of the songs. Keith (newsflash!) will be Keith. And Charlie will be good tonight, every night of the tour.

Sounds like we all get what we want.

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:20

keep Daryl and Ronnie and they could make it the Rolling Stones (far superior) equivalent to Yes' Union Tour from 1991.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 09:46

The part about the lineup sounds like an utter nonsense to me. The tour will not be sooner than the next year (or the one after) and I find it impossible that at this stage Mick would think this way. Ronnie IS a Rolling Stone and he can not be left behind that easily. The only way he might be replaced is at the very last moment if something happened to him. If he was mentioned in the lineup, I still would not believe it, but it would sound 1% more relistic.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 28, 2010 10:11

Ronnie Wood will tour with The Stones, he is a Rolling Stone !

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 28, 2010 10:49

Justin
nonfilter

[www.non-filters.com]

Well, it's actually like two guitars...Keith hardly plays his.

So how would that sound? I mean with two guitars, Richards and Taylor. A The Rolling Stones without rhythm guitar, just solo?

No offense to the thread starter, but I find all this a bit unlikely.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 28, 2010 11:16

There's often been three guitars on stage with the Stones. Keith, Ron and Mick - or Keith, Ron and Blondie. (Can't remember, but maybe even all four of them on occasional numbers?)
I hope and believe there will be a last tour. And I hope to see MT and BW on stage with the Stones at last for a few shows or guestspots on some selected shows, but there's no way they're going to replace Woody with Taylor at this point. After all Ron has been with the band longer than Bill was now.
I also hope for a brand new album to tour behind, and maybe with some guest apperances by Taylor and Bill on that one too? Just wishful thinking... smiling smiley

[www.reverbnation.com]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home