Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Favorite obscure Bside-"Through the Lonely Nights."
Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: May 29, 2010 07:02

Through The Lonely Nights fit the mood of GHS perfectly. Can You Hear The Music should have been the B-side.[/quote]

Not so sure I agree with you, Tele. The Acoustic guitars might actually have worked better on IORR.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 29, 2010 07:19

that's a real nice one; i was gassed first few times w this on back of single. elegant rich atmosphere in best possible sonic way it seemed. it really kinda 'shone' in a magic way....like the title andlyrics...kinda like everything turns to gold feel in some manner or way....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 29, 2010 08:29

TeaAtThree
Through The Lonely Nights fit the mood of GHS perfectly. Can You Hear The Music should have been the B-side.

Not so sure I agree with you, Tele. The Acoustic guitars might actually have worked better on IORR.[/quote]

The melancholy mood goes very well with 100 Years Ago, Coming Down Again, and Angie, and the track was left over from the GHS sessions... Maybe we'll have GHS Deluxe some day.

Posted by: rover ()
Date: May 29, 2010 10:24

Marhsall
Jump on top of me or So Young

Agree. Great songs and should have been classics in their own right. They should have at least made albums.

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 3, 2010 05:21

Been listening to all the Stones' B Sides since 1989. Rarities 1971-2003 and also the Killer B's comp that was compiled by the people who did Alt 3.

I seriously think that the Stones best album since Tattoo You would be all the B Sides sequenced as an LP/CD. That would be very bluesy and quite good.

Cook Cook Blues, Fancy Man Blues, Jump On Top of Me, So Young etc etc.

Mark

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: June 4, 2010 01:52

I really like collecting B-sides - Some groups have some really awesome ones - R.E.M., U2, The Police to name a few. The R.E.M. album Dead Letter Office is mostly a collection of 'em and I think that LP is a blast!

Date: June 4, 2010 02:11

Yeah, Stones B Sides have always fascinated me. Those London/Decca 45rpm's that I collected as a kid. Fond memories of playing the "flip side"!!!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 4, 2010 02:45

I would absolutely LOVE a Goats Head Soup deluxe. That would be supreme. And any deluxe release of any album really for that matter. But obviously some are more interesting than others. And I've always been a huge fan and love Goats Head Soup. It's a beautiful album.

Date: June 4, 2010 02:56

skipstone
I would absolutely LOVE a Goats Head Soup deluxe. That would be supreme. And any deluxe release of any album really for that matter. But obviously some are more interesting than others. And I've always been a huge fan and love Goats Head Soup. It's a beautiful album.

Isn't GHS a great one? I also love it and hope it gets the deluxe treatment it deserves. Gotta go give my Virgin GHS CD a spin now.

Date: June 4, 2010 03:05

LeedsLungs71
skipstone

Isn't GHS a great one? I also love it and hope it gets the deluxe treatment it deserves. Gotta go give my Virgin GHS CD a spin now.

Yes! And here it is:

Disc 1. original album, plus Through The Lonely Nights, Cris Cross Man and a few other outtakes.

Disc 2. Live in 1973.

This would seem to be an easier one to do because the outtakes don't need any overdubs.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 16, 2011 22:22

Does TTLN circulate on bootleg in the original Jimmy Miller mix, or just the remixed version the Glimmer Twins did for the IORR single?

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 16, 2011 22:35

Agree with you especially on Everything's Turning To Gold but would like to add my favourites: The Storm, Under The Radar (so to say, as it is hidden on that extra lp version) and Blue by Mick.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 16, 2011 23:01

It's still Stoned My second Stones-single and b-side on I wanna be your man...outstanding b-side...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2011 00:37

......hey don't forget Wish I'd Never Met You ....lazy blooooze never gets a mention ...B of Terryfying

ROCKMAN

Date: May 17, 2011 01:12

Some great B-sides mentioned here...

Who's Driving Your Plane - terrific

Also Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man, Child of The Moon, Everything's Turning To Gold, Let It Rock

those and Through The Lonely Nights are my personal faves

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 17, 2011 03:00

71Tele
LeedsLungs71
skipstone

Yes! And here it is:

Disc 1. original album, plus Through The Lonely Nights, Cris Cross Man and a few other outtakes.

Disc 2. Live in 1973.

This would seem to be an easier one to do because the outtakes don't need any overdubs.

I think i would get more excited about that than a "new" Stones album.
TTLN is so warm, fuzzy and yet lovelorn at the same time.....

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home