Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:30

Has this image been posted before? Looks awesome -- 4 disks!

[www.amazon.com]

Re: Expanded Ya-Yas
Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:35

If you look at the bonus dvd on zoom it says "The Rolling Stones in Concert 40th Anniversary". I would guess this is concert footage from '69! Dig it!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:42

Yeah, and one of the discs says Unreleased Tracks while another says Ike and Tina Turner and B.B. King sets, pretty cool.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:46

andrewm
while another says Ike and Tina Turner and B.B. King sets

It's confusing. Is it just their set or... Does that take the whole disc? How long exactly was this set?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:47

Hoping they fill that disc 2 up to the brim.

Posted by: HeatherAnnePeel ()
Date: September 3, 2009 03:59

This is awesome!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 3, 2009 04:01

Date: September 3, 2009 04:02

Hell yeah!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 3, 2009 05:15

FFFFFFFAAAAAARRRRRR FFFFFFF---CCCCKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNN' OOOOOUUUUUUTTT!!!!!!!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 3, 2009 05:25

The mother load is coming.....finally.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:24

for some reason my gut feeling this bonus DVD won't be anything ground-breaking...judging by previous releases.
I really hope my gut is wrong!!!

This is still a super release...hopefully with no overdubs!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 3, 2009 10:45

I'm so thrilled that I cannot believe my eyes! This is much more I ever hoped for any kind of 'deluxe' treatment for the Stones.

Most likely this will be the best live release ever by anyone. The Stones, IKe&Tina, B.B. King - all of them about on their peak. This will be the best document to declare why this band is called the greatest of the whole genre.

The Stones, they deserve indeed this kind of treatment for their incredible legacy - forget all the Vegas years and go for a real thing!

- Doxa

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:19

I'm a happy camper

Date: September 3, 2009 11:29

Looks absolutely awesome!!!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:29

This looks absolutely T for Tremendous! If it's any good, it will raise the bar for future deluxe editions.

Date: September 3, 2009 11:39

Father Ted
This looks absolutely T for Tremendous! If it's any good, it will raise the bar for future deluxe editions.

There seems already be a competion between it & EXILE... sometimes this ABKCO vs. RS records non-sense works for great results...

What will be the next round: BEGGARS BANQUET vs. SOME GIRLS?

- Doxa

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:46

I expected so much from this release, but I'm afraid I'm a little disappointed.
Disc 1 is the original release. OK, I have the original in three different releases, so nothing new there. Disc 2 says unreleased tracks. How many? What's been discussed here before is three tracks. I really hope there are some more, AND I would have wanted them included in the original to make it like a complete show. Disc 3, OK I like BB.King and Ike&Tina Turner, but this disc won't give anything more of the Rolling Stones. Disc 4 is a DVD that we still don't know much about. Let's hope for the complete show from 1969. Most deluxe versions of albums are also better soundwise or remixed, but in this case, we no nothing about that. In the worst case, the sound can be a step down from the 2002 remaster since that was DSP and SACD. And of course nothing said about surround sound, which I would have preferred, since live recordings in surround gives the ultimate experience of almost beeing there.
Mats

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:51

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-17 13:27 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: jigsawp ()
Date: September 3, 2009 11:54

Get the amazon link and go to "more about this product".

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:00

So,
Prodigal Son, You Gotta Move, Under My Thumb, I´m Free, Satisfaction
on the 2nd disc, then!(?)

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:01

Disappointing. 5 'new' songs. Hoping the DVD is something special and not just licensed from Gimme Shelter because the discription is pretty close.

Date: September 3, 2009 12:04

Wow! The DVD looks fantastic!!!

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:18

This set is coming along at the perfect time for me. I picked up the so called inaugural SACD edition of Ya-Ya's back in 2002, but the golden metallic material on the polycarb disc is now flaking off. I suspect it was heat damaged in my car. Anyway, I was just about to pickup a new DSD CD copy when I read about the 40th Anniversary edition on this forum.

Please let disc 2 contain more than the missing tracks from the setlist.

EDIT: So it seems disc 2 will only contain the 5 tracks from the regular setlist that are missing from the original album. From Amazon:

Product Description
The GET YER YA-YA'S OUT: THE ROLLING STONES IN CONCERT 40TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE BOX SET contains 3 CDs, 1 DVD, a 56-page Collectors Book and a postcard replica of the original Rolling Stones 1969 tour poster by David Byrd. The first CD is a remastered version of the original Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out release. The second CD contains 5 unreleased tracks by The Rolling Stones from the original Madison Square Garden concert. The third CD contains 12 never before released tracks by opening acts B.B. King and Ike & Tina Turner. The DVD features performances by The Rolling Stones from the 2 night concert at Madison Square Garden, backstage footage, scenes of Keith Richards in the studio and footage of the Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out album cover shoot, all shot by Albert and David Maysles. The 56-page Collectors Book includes photos and an essay by the acclaimed photographer Ethan Russell, an original article by Lester Bangs from Rolling Stone magazine and remembrances from concert-goers. Each box will also have an insert with a code to download "I'm Free (Live)" for Guitar Hero.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 12:25 by studiorambo.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:22

EXCITED !!!!
at last something new. It is a great idea too for the 1st acts to be released. You will be in the concert mood as close as possible and I remember a 95 short broadcast here in France of BB 1st act Paris 70 and it sounded excellent.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:33

The GR
Disappointing. 5 'new' songs. Hoping the DVD is something special and not just licensed from Gimme Shelter because the discription is pretty close.

Same here.Fighting the feeling that the dvd will 'just' be the 6 Gimme Shelter song extras plus some extended footage of off-stage scenes in the film.If so,will save me buying the new Gimme Shelter for the 3 extra tracks as i've got the Criterion version already.

Sorry to be negative but i'm as excited about this release as the next person here,and would hate to underwhelmed after all the build up.

On the other hand,love the fact the BB King/Turner sets will be represented as it is in the spirit of the original idea for a Yas-Yas double album.

I look forward to eating my words

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:41

oh God how can u be disappointed by this too??

Date: September 3, 2009 12:45

Now, a deeper close to the product revails that the whole package will cover quite definitively those two nights in New York, 1969 Tour (unfortunately, the original album has two Baltimore cuts...). Seemingly, ABKCO wants to keep it focused on 'The Rolling Stones in Concert' -theme. If I interpret Gazza's lists from Rocks Off right, now all the songs (15) played by The Rolling Stones in those three concerts will now be included in the box. So, there cannot be other songs, if it is to be consistent. To make the concert experience complete, it is great to have B.B King and Ike & Tina Turner there, too - namely that was part of the whole concept, and originally (if I remember right) those sets were planned to be released on the album as well. That was a time when a concert album was still a concept in progress, but seemingly the artistical possibilities were destroyed by pure business sense of Decca. But the band had this idea still in 1972, but due to other reasons the project never fulfilled.

Against this MSG-theme it is natural that the footage does also stems from those concerts, even though it could be the case that we will barely have clipses from GIMME SHELTER. (Besides, I find it also good that they clearly keep the Altamont spectacle away from the box - that's an event of its own.)

By the way, I would say that the hottest and busiest day ever in Rolling Stones career is the 28th of November, 1969. They played two concerts then, about 11 songs and 14 songs, that is, at least 25 altogether (the first set list is incomplete), and taking the deep concentration and precise they did have at the time, I think that is an incredible achievement. They played they arses off in both gigs, and the shows were not any short twenty-minute pop showing-ups any longer, but they really needed to play well.

- Doxa

P.S. There is a little historian in me who really is fond of the fact that the original record is to be released in its original (but remastered) form - the way it was intended to be released and how it is known through the decades. Now, when the extra songs are in other CD, one can easily - if one wants - burn a copy of one's own in order to have a full concert experience.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 12:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:55

Yeah. All well and good, but how much is going to be on the DVD. It might be 15 minutes of stuff. I hope the BB King and Ike and Tina Turner stuff isn't longer than all the Stones stuff.

Rob

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 3, 2009 12:56

I did not know that one
[www.amazon.fr]

Date: September 3, 2009 13:00

originalstones
I hope the BB King and Ike and Tina Turner stuff isn't longer than all the Stones stuff.

Rob

It is 15 Stones songs (in two CDs) against 12 BB King and I&T songs (in one CD). I don't see a reason to worry here.

- Doxa

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home