Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The "All Down The Line" Alternate track
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 00:29

I for one am really liking this track! I wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than the album track, but I really like the music - very cool guitar work (not sure who the main work is from). The guitars really ring and sounds awesome. In case there's someone out there that didn't track it down yet, make sure you do. This really should have been on every version, not just the Japanese. I went through some of my old old boots and really think they should have included the version of "Shine A Light" that's been floating around for years too - it's a little slower and some nice slide guitar. Would it have killed them to give us 12 bonus tracks??

Re: The "All Down The Line" Alternate track
Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: May 26, 2010 00:44

Is it the slower, more acoustic early version of ADTL?

I have that on an old bootleg and love it...I was very disappointed that they didn't include it in the new EXILE. Nice to know its on the Japanese edition, I might have to pick that up. Sure wish they'd included it in the new US/UK Exile ...just knowing what a great track the alternate ADTL is, the new Exile seems incomplete to me without it.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:01

It's not the acoustic version but an unheard great electric version.
I also wondered why Get A Line On You as not included. Did they just miss this one or would they put it on a Sticky Fingers deluxe?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:05

Mick was saying that he searched for previously unheared (un-bootlegged*) versions.

* hey, is that a new word? smoking smiley

Date: May 26, 2010 01:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 01:16 by Stones Blah.

Date: May 26, 2010 01:16

open-g
Mick was saying that he searched for previously unheared (un-bootlegged*) versions.

* hey, is that a new word? smoking smiley

Good Time Women?????

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:19

>>Good Time Women??????<<

well ok, probably not that one - but the sound is a major improvement, innit?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:20

Why, why, why, WHY didn't they put this on the bonus disc instead of that watse-of-a-track Keith singing Soul Survivor? I'm not supposed to want to take a bathroom break when I'm listening to a CD! lol

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 26, 2010 01:27

Good Time Women sounds great glad it was included!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 26, 2010 07:11

I'm presuming that the alternate Soul Survivor is there to show how Keef prepared backing tracks for Jagger to complete later.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 09:29

jamesfdouglas was talking about ADTL not being included on the bonus disc. Although, I disagree about Soul Survivor. I'm glad it's there as it's never been booted as far as I know. Keith's adlibbing is hilarious and it's a different mix with the horns more upfront, which is interesting to hear. The bonus disc is great, I just wish they would have included more of the alternate takes.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: May 26, 2010 13:50

I like the alternate ADTL the most of the new Exile tracks smiling smiley

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: May 26, 2010 14:11

Well if Jagger said they wanted to try to work with un-bootleged songs, at least there is some rationale, but I don't think that's a good idea. Sure, a bunch of us hardcore fans are familiar but the general public hasn't heard them and they sure are nice to have in better sound! Having said that, I added "Get A Line" to my iPod as a bonus track and it sounds pretty good right next to the official stuff. Anyway, we waited a long-ass time for them to open the vaults, I say fill those bonus discs!

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: May 26, 2010 18:37

Lynd8
...really think they should have included the version of "Shine A Light" that's been floating around for years too - it's a little slower and some nice slide guitar. Would it have killed them to give us 12 bonus tracks??

If you´re talking about the track called Get A Line On You, it´s not by the Stones,
but from an autumn 1969 Leon Russell session featuring Mick Jagger and possibly Charlie.
(Bill/Charlie played on other tracks, as well)
See [aeppli.ch]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1769
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home