Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: AC/DC in Vancouver
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 31, 2009 22:26

Saw the show Saturday night at BC Place. Sold out crowd around 55000. Their second time in Vancouver on this tour. They sold out GM Place across the street late last year in 4 minutes, fastest sellout ever for the venue. They've been drawing huge numbers in Canada, including 60k in Edmonton, 40k in Regina, 41k in Winnipeg, 53k in Montreal and around 60k in Moncton.
Having seen the band on numerous occasions, I knew what to expect. Setlist has been the same pretty much the whole tour. Brian's voice wasn't too good. Perhaps they should play in a lower key? Angus has slowed quite a bit from the 80's and 90's as should be expected. Five songs from their current album. Would have preferred one less and perhaps one more Bon era song.
Tons of people wearing $15 Angus devil horns. Whole stadium lit up in red, similar to the flashing Stones pins from Bigger Bang tour.
The usual props including the Hell's Bell, blowup Rosie doll and cannons during the finale of Those About To Rock. Cannons were really loud so they probably used extra gun powder. After the show, there was a little fireworks display which was good, but not as good as the Stones.
Very diverse age groups at the show. Lots of parents bringing their kids. Overall, a typically good AC/DC concert.

Re: OT: AC/DC in Vancouver
Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: September 1, 2009 04:35

but how did they sound????

Date: September 1, 2009 04:38

The band played great, as usual. Tight rhythm section of Malcolm and Cliff and the always reliable Phil Rudd on drums, who was constantly smoking throughout the show! They don't change their song style that much so you could basically watch any of their live DVD's and that's pretty much how they played!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 1, 2009 08:13

"Five songs from their current album."

Can you remember which ones? Just curious. That's pretty tremendous actually.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 1, 2009 09:02

skipstone

I'm sure it's the same 5 songs that they did when they started the tour almost a year ago.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 1, 2009 09:11

Oh.

Well hell, I can't remember.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 1, 2009 09:33

skipstone

Must've been Rock N Roll Train, Big Jack, Black Ice, War Machine and Anything Goes.

Not my personal top 5 from the last album, but great to have new songs.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: September 1, 2009 23:17

Hey Doc, those were the five. Bon era songs were Dirty Deeds, The Jack, Dog Eat Dog, TNT, Let There Be Rock, Highway To Hell, Shot Down In Flames and Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be. Brian era were Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, Back In Black, You Shook Me, Those About To Rock, Thunderstruck and the five new ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home