Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Faces tour confirmed
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 5, 2010 21:14

Talking about really awful solos, I saw AC/DC in Stockholm a couple of days ago and unfortunately Angus Young played an absolutely horrible solo on "Let There Be Rock" that seemed to go on for ever. I think he kept doodling his guitar for 15 bloody minutes. I would have shouted out loud to make him stop that awful racket had I not been standing close to a bunch of scary guys from Hell's Angels. For a moment I even thought that Ronnie Woods solos on the live renditions of Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Sway were superb in comparison...Angus did a good job riffing though and Malcolm was solid as a rock as usual.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 5, 2010 23:45

It's not the Faces.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2010 00:17

According to Voodoo from Rocks Off. Ronnie's son Jesse will be the backup guitarist for The Faces.

Date: June 6, 2010 00:54

Why don't Ringo and Paul get Jeff Lynne and Sean Lennon and call it The Beatles? I am sorry, if these guys want to play together and tour, great, but it's not The Faces.

I say this as someone who loved The Faces.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-06 06:01 by 71Tele.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 6, 2010 03:43

I totally agree 71tele...it isn't the Faces...all this back and forth about The Small Faces is fine, but The Faces were Ronnie Lane, Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart, Ian, and Kenny... period.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 6, 2010 10:17

whitem8
The Faces were Ronnie Lane, Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart, Ian, and Kenny.period.

So what was the name of the group that I saw in 1975 with Rod, Ron, Ian, Kenny, and Tetsu, question mark

Date: June 6, 2010 11:28

In my opinion, not the Faces, but Rod Stewart's back up band. When Ronnie Lane left they stopped being The Faces. He was the soul of The Faces. The rock and roll gypsy. But with Rod being gone... well he was one of the voices of The Faces ,so you are left with Oh La La, so now it is Ronnie's back up band. Even farther from The Faces.

Date: June 6, 2010 12:43

loog droog
whitem8
The Faces were Ronnie Lane, Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart, Ian, and Kenny.period.

So what was the name of the group that I saw in 1975 with Rod, Ron, Ian, Kenny, and Tetsu, question mark

Tetsu counts, but not Mick Hucknall.

Date: June 6, 2010 12:57

For me Tetsu doesn't. Like I said, when Ronnie Lane left that was the end of the Faces and it became more Rod's backing band. Which is why Ronnie left! He felt that the focus changed away from THE FACES to Rod the Mod. So much so that many promoters were advertising as such...Rod Stewart and The Faces...hmmmmmm. No Tetsu was ok, but no Ronnie Lane, and Tetsu could never sing Your So Rude! And Debris...so that's not The Faces.

Posted by: ErikGrefberg ()
Date: June 6, 2010 14:03

Like smoking a cigarette without lighing it.
The Ron Wood & friends might sound good, but rock'n'roll is about a lot more than sounding good: Attitude, honesty, partying. If they could get the real Faces together, we could at least recall what they were all about.
And Rod doesn't sound that bad. He is just too complaciant. Who can blame him....

Re: Faces tour confirmed ------DATES ?
Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: June 6, 2010 14:38

who have some dates

Re: Faces tour confirmed ------DATES ?
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2010 19:02

vintage stone
who have some dates
Only 1 announced so far. The Goodwood festival in England in August. But Ronnie says that they will be hitting the road in January.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 6, 2010 19:12

whitem8
For me Tetsu doesn't. Like I said, when Ronnie Lane left that was the end of the Faces and it became more Rod's backing band. Which is why Ronnie left! He felt that the focus changed away from THE FACES to Rod the Mod. So much so that many promoters were advertising as such...Rod Stewart and The Faces...hmmmmmm. No Tetsu was ok, but no Ronnie Lane, and Tetsu could never sing Your So Rude! And Debris...so that's not The Faces.

True, but Tetsu was ok, and I saw a couple of really good Faces shows with him. Also, do you remember that they added Jesse Ed Davis to the touring band at the end? He and Ronnie were great guitar combo.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2010 02:01

sweetcharmedlife
According to Voodoo from Rocks Off. Ronnie's son Jesse will be the backup guitarist for The Faces.

"backup" is a euphemism in this instance....

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 27, 2010 02:28

Ronnie, Bill, Chuch and Rod, I'm losing you.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 27, 2010 07:46

That is a delight to watch, the love they have for Ronnie Lane is a joy to behold. What year does this date from ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 07:57

Jesse Wood has recently been playing bass in my friend Mick Jones's band Carbon/Silicon, as a temporary replacement for Leo E-Zee-Kill Williams. Jesse is quite tall with male model looks, and is a very good player. Mick says he's a nice kid.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:01

I'm seeing them on August 20 in Randers hopefully. Not alot of go in the ticket sales there either. My friend told me that only 1000 out of 5000 were sold towards the weekend last week.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:21

whitem8
In my opinion, not the Faces, but Rod Stewart's back up band. When Ronnie Lane left they stopped being The Faces. He was the soul of The Faces. The rock and roll gypsy. But with Rod being gone... well he was one of the voices of The Faces ,so you are left with Oh La La, so now it is Ronnie's back up band. Even farther from The Faces.

Totally agree with you! No Faces without Lane!
A very good Rod Stewart rock 'n' roll friends band after he left.
Nowadays call this band Faces is a trick of the promoters.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:59

>> What year does this date from ? <<

looks like 1986, paul - 5th July, to be exact. here's what nzentgraf has:

1986 5th July THE FACES. London, Wembley Stadium
- I’m Losing You (Norman Whitfield/Eddie Holland/Cornelius Grant)
- Twistin’ The Night Away (Sam Cooke)
- Stay With Me (RW/Rod Stewart)
- Band introduction
- We’ll Meet Again (Ross Parker/Hugh Charles) -a capella
- Sweet Little Rock’n Roller (Chuck Berry) -joined by Rod Stewart’s band
- One Last Sweet Cheerio (Trad.) -a capella
Line-up: RW (gtr, bvoc)/BW (bass)/Rod Stewart (voc)/Ronnie Lane (bvoc)/Ian McLagan (keyb)/Kenney Jones (dr)
Note: At least parts of the reunion were filmed and televised on US VH-1 TV.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 27, 2010 10:50

Hucknall Defensive After Faces Backlash

British singer MICK HUCKNALL has defended himself after fans criticised his inclusion in THE FACES, insisting he's replacing ROD STEWART because the MAGGIE MAY star can no longer hit the high notes.

The former Simply Red star has been confirmed as the new frontman of the reunited supergroup and will join Ronnie Wood, Kenney Jones and Ian MCLagan for a tour next year (11).

The news was met with an outcry from many of the group's loyal followers - but Hucknall is convinced he'll be able to win over audiences because his voice sounds like Stewart's at the height of the band's success in the 1970s.

He says, "It's a shame that Rod can't do it but then Rod isn't the Rod of 1973. Those songs, the keys are so high and it's pretty intense staying at that kind of pitch for the whole night."

[www.contactmusic.com]

Date: July 27, 2010 11:01

with sssoul
>> What year does this date from ? <<

looks like 1986, paul - 5th July, to be exact. here's what nzentgraf has:

1986 5th July THE FACES. London, Wembley Stadium
- I’m Losing You (Norman Whitfield/Eddie Holland/Cornelius Grant)
- Twistin’ The Night Away (Sam Cooke)
- Stay With Me (RW/Rod Stewart)
- Band introduction
- We’ll Meet Again (Ross Parker/Hugh Charles) -a capella
- Sweet Little Rock’n Roller (Chuck Berry) -joined by Rod Stewart’s band
- One Last Sweet Cheerio (Trad.) -a capella
Line-up: RW (gtr, bvoc)/BW (bass)/Rod Stewart (voc)/Ronnie Lane (bvoc)/Ian McLagan (keyb)/Kenney Jones (dr)
Note: At least parts of the reunion were filmed and televised on US VH-1 TV.

Thanks lady sssoul, pinpoint accuracy as is customary of course. Boy o boy it's got me looking forward to 11th & 13th of next month.

Date: July 27, 2010 11:05

Beast
Hucknall Defensive After Faces Backlash

British singer MICK HUCKNALL has defended himself after fans criticised his inclusion in THE FACES, insisting he's replacing ROD STEWART because the MAGGIE MAY star can no longer hit the high notes.

The former Simply Red star has been confirmed as the new frontman of the reunited supergroup and will join Ronnie Wood, Kenney Jones and Ian MCLagan for a tour next year (11).

The news was met with an outcry from many of the group's loyal followers - but Hucknall is convinced he'll be able to win over audiences because his voice sounds like Stewart's at the height of the band's success in the 1970s.

He says, "It's a shame that Rod can't do it but then Rod isn't the Rod of 1973. Those songs, the keys are so high and it's pretty intense staying at that kind of pitch for the whole night."

[www.contactmusic.com]

Jeez, poor old Mick Hucknall. I mean really, having to "defend" yourself from vitriolic criticism, and for what ? For doing serious justice to Faces songs in 2010 that would stretch Rod considerably beyond his current abilities? Those critics should hang their heads in shame. He won me over back in October 2009 at the RAH, so as far as I'm concerned he's got nothing to prove at all.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 27, 2010 15:03

Agreed Pauly. Truth is if Hucknall, Wood, Mac, Jones, Matlock, and Wood call themselves The Faces legally then that's the name of the band. Anyone who says it isn't The Faces without Lane or without Rod is just choosing not to stick with them. There are people who say the Stones aren't the Stones without Brian or without Taylor or without Bill, it's the same thing. They are who they are billed as whether we like it or not.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: July 27, 2010 15:11

Amused
I could listen to the Faces night and day, no matter who the singer is. and Hucknall ain't bad.

If Keith, Charlie and Ronnie had 'reformed' the Stones in 89 with Mick Hucknall instead of Mick J would it have been the Stones? Would you have gone?

No Rodders, No Faces.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 27, 2010 15:39

Braincapers
Amused
I could listen to the Faces night and day, no matter who the singer is. and Hucknall ain't bad.

If Keith, Charlie and Ronnie had 'reformed' the Stones in 89 with Mick Hucknall instead of Mick J would it have been the Stones? Would you have gone?

No Rodders, No Faces.

This is exactly why artists say, 'here's my art, if you like it, fine, if you don't..' In other words, you don't do a public opinion poll because half of the people can't find their asses anyway, 8-10% are unemployable and 2% are criminally insane. The other 50%? Why, they go to shows and enjoy themselves with the money they've made on their own lol>

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: July 27, 2010 16:23

Ok. I understand the criticism but the faces were a band...and rod can't hit those notes anymore. Besides he does not want to do it. Rod has lost his mojo. Oh well. It would be one thing if they excluded him but they didn't. He has decides not to. I hope the faces come to the US as I wasn't around during the first go round. The real question whether Rod is on board or not is can Ron do the deal? No doubt the rest of the band can. Rons tones was so distinctive. Tonaly(sp) only Keith surpassed him (IMO, playing techinique is another story). If Ron doesn't recreate threaded guitar sound it won't work. Fender amps will not do it. I would love to hear some differing thoughts on that...
I w

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2010 18:28

Brue
[In other words, you don't do a public opinion poll because half of the people can't find their asses anyway, 8-10% are unemployable and 2% are criminally insane. The other 50%?

The other 50% can't count!grinning smiley

Date: July 27, 2010 23:51

Gazza
Brue
[In other words, you don't do a public opinion poll because half of the people can't find their asses anyway, 8-10% are unemployable and 2% are criminally insane. The other 50%?

The other 50% can't count!grinning smiley

Especially when it comes to paying for Stones tickets!!!!!grinning smiley

Date: July 28, 2010 07:00

Man that dude has a high voice

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home