Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Exile for Beginners, Old Timers & Repurchasers
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: July 7, 2010 00:28

slew
Rocks Off is the best song on the album!!!!!

And that says a lot!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 7, 2010 00:35

treaclefingers
HEILOOBAAS
Your opinion is noted, and disagreed with. Great that you don't have the final say!

Treakee, why don't you write your own review of Exiles? I'd love it if others told us what they personally think about the album. I don't want to have the "final say," I just am glad I was able to gonzo my little blurb out whilst sitting in a hotel in Concord, CA, higher than Hades on Ataivan, Oxycodone & good vodka!

Well thank you for the invitation and sorry if I seemed a little harsh. Might have been the cabernet speaking.
Anyhoo...I don't think I would really have anything earth shattering to add to the EXILE reviews, that hasn't already been said thousands of times before.

While the songs individually vary in their degree of 'goodness' (I do take exception to your belittling of ROCKS OFF though....I think along with most other people, the reaction has been...HUH?!?), the album - as most people say - needs to be viewed as a whole...a 'suite' of songs if you will.

Together these songs convey a vibe that is not easily replicated, hell, the Stones can't even replicate that magic.

I'm not sure if it is even my favourite album, but as a vibe, it is the most consistent and consistently high, throughout 4 sides of vinyl.

Quite unique.[/quote]

I would avoid mixing any opiates and alcohol.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: July 7, 2010 01:57

"Another brilliant track that shows Mick was capable of creating Beatles-like soul music."

He said, "Beatles-like soul music."

<chuckle>

<double chuckle>

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: July 7, 2010 03:36

Father Ted, I see your email is hidden. You can go to mine & we can discourse further. Now, Rocks Off is one of my fave Stones songs. A song doesn't have to be great in order for me to like it. I love Frank Sinatra's version of "Zing, Went the Strings of my Heart"! In any case it would be swell if you emailed me privately & we can maybe share a few opinions about the Great Rolling Stones. I'm home from work on medical leave until at least Sept. 7th, so any diversion is a welcome one. winking smiley

Cheers,
Jonno the pot stirrer.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 7, 2010 04:34

More like 'Exile for People Who Don't Get rock n Roll' (And Certainly Not Blues)'

Each to their own, but some of the comments for the songs on sides 3 & 4 are especially laughable.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home