Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones may play small bars on next tour
Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:49

I heard from a music insider that the Stones may play small bars 100-200 people(they will end like they began) if they find a bar that is ready to go for a gig (PA system in place and stage),and there would be no cost to the Stones to put the show on,that means all they need to do is show up with there guitars and Charlie's drum set. There will be no horns or back up singers just the 4 stones. The shows will be in addition to shows that are at stadiums and arenas and clubs in the cities they play. The shows will be just for stones fans no MUSIC people or SUITS, all tickets will be given to stones fans only.

Re: Stones may play small bars on next tour
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:53

Yeah and they are going to be playing in my living room as well...The Stones will do NOTHING, as a direct benefit to their fans. They WILL do everything they can to soak the last dime out of people.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 27, 2009 05:55

jason8903
I heard from a music insider that the Stones may play small bars 100-200 people(they will end like they began) if they find a bar that is ready to go for a gig (PA system in place and stage),and there would be no cost to the Stones to put the show on,that means all they need to do is show up with there guitars and Charlie's drum set. There will be no horns or back up singers just the 4 stones. The shows will be in addition to shows that are at stadiums and arenas and clubs in the cities they play. The shows will be just for stones fans no MUSIC people or SUITS, all tickets will be given to stones fans only.

naturally. we all expected this. almost goes without saying, really.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 07:38

Great, Jason...I hope you are right smiling smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 27, 2009 08:05

It should be essential that they bring their bass player, too.
It's a good idea though.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 27, 2009 09:07

jason8903

Don't wish to rain on your parade, but er .... when you say you heard this from a music insider, was this in a dream perhaps ?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 27, 2009 09:28

I can recommend a good one in Camden, north London called The Steeles. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:25

Of course as in old time The Stones will be go from town to town the old VW bus driven by Stu.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:52

Maybe Jason is an employee of RS.COM ?

It's only to be expected that Mr Cohl etc, will come up with
some far-fetched ruse, that entices the hardcore fanbase to stump up for online RS memberships.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 27, 2009 10:52

Our Charlie's set the pace. He must've been telling Mick at the cricket match the other week where it's really at to play these days. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-27 10:53 by Beast.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: August 27, 2009 11:00

The 100 Club in London fits the bill - £600 to hire including PA and sound man!

Date: August 27, 2009 11:12

Beast
Our Charlie's set the pace. He must've been telling Mick at the cricket match the other week where it's really at to play these days. thumbs up

I wonder whether Charlie can put his theory to the test next Tuesday in the Purcell Room ... "ladies and gentleman, please welcome charlie Watts, plus a few of his mates from some scruffy old rock n' roll band" - which would be immediately superceded by loud crash as I faint in the aisles !!

Dream on Paul !!

Date: August 27, 2009 11:16

lol- always the optimistic Pauly!

Date: August 27, 2009 11:22

Adrian-L
lol- always the optimistic Pauly!

So are you going to the Eel Pie on 30th September to see Chris Jagger ? You should you should you really really really should. I won't unfortunately, will still be out of the country at that time, but will definitely catch him at one of his other UK gigs. I've seen him several times, but always with a slimmed down version of the Atcha band, never the full thang. Great tunes, love cajun ... and he does do it very very well.

[www.chrisjaggersatcha.com]

Date: August 27, 2009 11:23

i hope to be there, matey, yes.
You around for the Dartford gig?

Date: August 27, 2009 11:26

Adrian-L
i hope to be there, matey, yes.
You around for the Dartford gig?

No, I'm flying overnight Friday 2nd, only get home morning Saturday 3rd. Drat ... missed it by hours !!

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 27, 2009 11:30

sweetcharmedlife
The Stones will do NOTHING, as a direct benefit to their fans.

That's the plain truth. Simple as that.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: August 27, 2009 12:15

Adrian I may be up for Sept 30th. Let me know if you're going. Back to the original post I've just seen a squadron of pigs flying overhead....ooh look the price of bacon has just gone up!! Sorry Jason but I like to dream as well but your friend as we say over 'ere is pulling your plonker my son.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 27, 2009 13:44

"Stones may play small bars on next tour"

...was this Ronnie's idea ? If one can't get him out, one has to get the Rolling Stones in

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: August 27, 2009 13:54

even if they did play these small bars what good is it? it will harder to get tix for those gigs then it was for the beacon shows, it would just be a big problem IMO, unless you get in of course

Date: August 27, 2009 14:00

Hey Rockman.......you know what you have to do......

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:04

sweetcharmedlife
Yeah and they are going to be playing in my living room as well...The Stones will do NOTHING, as a direct benefit to their fans. They WILL do everything they can to soak the last dime out of people.
thumbs up

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:14

It actually benefits fans when they play arenas just so more fans who want to can attend. Plus there is a bit of anticipation & yes, spectacle as the date approaches. There is NO BETTER show on earth.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:34

jason8903

Absolute nonsense.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:38

Sir Morgans Cove is still standing although the name has been changed to the Lucky Dog Music Hall .

Hope to see you there !!

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:47

The Stones at a bar? Come on get real.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:50

Loudei
The Stones at a bar? Come on get real.

With all the tickets going to fans and NONE going to family, crew or assorted hangers-on (who usually take up about 40-50% of them).

More chance of them touring the Moon.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 27, 2009 14:57

this is pure fiction a bar this size could not even function as a rehearsel space because its to small .the stones are way to big for this ,heck a bar would not even hold keith and ronnie's guitars and amps .do you see these guys downsizing .not gonna happen .

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: August 27, 2009 15:02

The Greek
this is pure fiction a bar this size could not even function as a rehearsel space because its to small .the stones are way to big for this ,heck a bar would not even hold keith and ronnie's guitars and amps .do you see these guys downsizing .not gonna happen .

Well, they hardly play their guitars these days, so a couple of small amps in a small club would be a logical step to take.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 27, 2009 15:11

the idea of playing 'backroom music' as Keith has called it, in small bars instead of stadiums and arenas is fun, as an 'end like they started' kind of thing. very unlikely, but if there is a tour they may rock a few small places, who knows?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home