Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Woody out of the band? Seems so at rs.com
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:26

Doc
treaclefingers

True, but the drawings are nice. Maybe he could be coached into doing drawings of the parties?

Are there any samples to be seen ?

I'm not aware of any...I think he's getting them edited for a nice 50th anniversary coffee table book. Every hotel room he's ever been in.
It weighs 800 lbs.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:31

StonesTod
you're welcome, Kurt. but polls indicate the ronnie bashing actually hit an all-time high a little over a year ago. there were several other spikes during the ensuing months, then a slight dip, a flat line and then an uptick during this month of exile mania.

I stand corrected, ST!

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:42

don't know what y'all are lookin' at, but woody is on the new website, right here:
[www.rollingstones.com]
The main 4 pics change; you have to click on ''view all people''

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-25 20:43 by gmanp.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:46

he is back....i can put my undies on

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:47

gmanp
don't know what y'all are lookin' at, but woody is on the new website, right here:
[www.rollingstones.com]
The main 4 pics change; you have to click on ''view all people''

Perhaps you should try reading the thread from the beginning and then you'd know.

Date: May 25, 2010 20:52

tat2you
he is back....i can put my undies on

just be sure to wear them inside out..."got-to-scrape-the..."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:52

Kurt
71Tele
Kurt
I am officially tired and flat out angered at the Ronnie Wood bashing that has hit an all time high with the re-release of Exile. As far as I'm concerned, Ronnie is as much of "The Rolling Stones" these days as Charlie is. Without either of them, there is no more Stones. (Of course, Mick and Keith remain exempt from the debate.)

Sorry, but I'm 45 years old and I could give ashit about Mick Taylor ever coming back. I never saw him live. Being a fan of the Stones for the last 31 years certainly gives me the right to dimiss Taylor from the conversation completely. Look, I love the entire catalog, but Mick Taylor has never been a working member of the group in my "lifetime" as a fan. Bringing him back would only appeal to an extremely limited number of "diehards", and would not help ticket sales one way or the other. In the grand scheme of life, my friends and family consider me a diehard fan, and I would agree.

In life you can either live in the past or live in the now. I choose the latter.

Thanks for listening.

And if the guitar playing "now" sucks, then what? Seriously, criticizing performance, skills and behavior is not necessarily "bashing", nor is suggesting that Mr. Wood's playing in recent years (oh, about 20 or 25 in my book) leaves a lot to be desired mean that one expects or even wants Mick Taylor to come back. Very few have suggested that it would help ticket sales. There are legitimate critics here of Wood, and of the Stones' guitar sound in general recently. It doesn't help Mr. wood's cause that he behaves like a buffoon and has become fodder for the tabloids. You may defend that if you wish, others choose not to.

OK, now we can get to the meat of it. If you think the guitar playing "now" sucks, then look squarely at Keith. There's a reason Blondie has been included on stage for years and years and years...

You have a point there - and that's why I look at the idea of any new tour with a great deal of trepidation - but the Wood problem has persisted for many more years. I just think he has been a weak link for a long time.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 25, 2010 20:56

71Tele
Kurt
71Tele
Kurt
I am officially tired and flat out angered at the Ronnie Wood bashing that has hit an all time high with the re-release of Exile. As far as I'm concerned, Ronnie is as much of "The Rolling Stones" these days as Charlie is. Without either of them, there is no more Stones. (Of course, Mick and Keith remain exempt from the debate.)

Sorry, but I'm 45 years old and I could give ashit about Mick Taylor ever coming back. I never saw him live. Being a fan of the Stones for the last 31 years certainly gives me the right to dimiss Taylor from the conversation completely. Look, I love the entire catalog, but Mick Taylor has never been a working member of the group in my "lifetime" as a fan. Bringing him back would only appeal to an extremely limited number of "diehards", and would not help ticket sales one way or the other. In the grand scheme of life, my friends and family consider me a diehard fan, and I would agree.

In life you can either live in the past or live in the now. I choose the latter.

Thanks for listening.

And if the guitar playing "now" sucks, then what? Seriously, criticizing performance, skills and behavior is not necessarily "bashing", nor is suggesting that Mr. Wood's playing in recent years (oh, about 20 or 25 in my book) leaves a lot to be desired mean that one expects or even wants Mick Taylor to come back. Very few have suggested that it would help ticket sales. There are legitimate critics here of Wood, and of the Stones' guitar sound in general recently. It doesn't help Mr. wood's cause that he behaves like a buffoon and has become fodder for the tabloids. You may defend that if you wish, others choose not to.

OK, now we can get to the meat of it. If you think the guitar playing "now" sucks, then look squarely at Keith. There's a reason Blondie has been included on stage for years and years and years...

You have a point there - and that's why I look at the idea of any new tour with a great deal of trepidation - but the Wood problem has persisted for many more years. I just think he has been a weak link for a long time.

not as weak as he used to be; keith's diminished skills have proven a boon for woody's weak-linkness....relatively speaking, of course.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: May 25, 2010 21:04

I'm not exactly agreeing with Tod (heaven forbid), but Ronnie did step up after the accident, especially as a rhythm player.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 25, 2010 21:08

texas fan
I'm not exactly agreeing with Tod (heaven forbid), but Ronnie did step up after the accident, especially as a rhythm player.

I am willing to acknowledge that, but it's small comfort.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: May 25, 2010 21:17

kleermaker
Jos
they changed it back to present

So he was temporarily out, as I suggested. Just a shot across the bow, to let him and us now what his position is. Nothing (new).

Kleermaker, first you said 'He's out' without any clarification or fundation. Then people ofcourse asking you questions and then again, very selfconfident, that he was out at that moment but maybe temporarily. This is ofcourse always a safe bet but when the RS site got corrected after a few hours you wrote, imo with quite some arrogance, that he was temporarily out, just like you suggested....

Would be better to tell us WHY Ronnie was temporarily out......

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: May 25, 2010 21:24

when did the stones official site turn into facebook? as if the stones were having a meeting, ronnie stormed out, mick goes online and changes ron's status as a band member, then ron comes back and they kiss and make up and mick logs back in and changes the info again. kleermaker thinks he knows everything.

also, the stones have a history of delaying news. wasn't bill wyman out of the band for 16 months or something before the official announcement was made?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 25, 2010 21:28

Hendrik
kleermaker
Jos

So he was temporarily out, as I suggested. Just a shot across the bow, to let him and us now what his position is. Nothing (new).

Kleermaker, first you said 'He's out' without any clarification or fundation. Then people ofcourse asking you questions and then again, very selfconfident, that he was out at that moment but maybe temporarily. This is ofcourse always a safe bet but when the RS site got corrected after a few hours you wrote, imo with quite some arrogance, that he was temporarily out, just like you suggested....

Hendrik Mulder

I think it must be temporarily knockout.cool smiley

Date: May 25, 2010 21:39

bernardanderson
as if the stones were having a meeting, ronnie stormed out, mick goes online and changes ron's status as a band member, then ron comes back and they kiss and make up and mick logs back in and changes the info again.

That would just be SO Mick, wouldn't it! angry smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:06

Heck yeah! Five pages of a funny thread...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZzzzzz!

worse than kindergarten.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:06

Date: May 25, 2010 22:12

open-g

worse than kindergarten.

did u have a bad kindergarten experience? care to share? you might feel better.

i loved kindergarten. play time, nap time...the whole deal. i learned to share and enjoyed my milk and cookies.

but, i guess i'm one of the lucky ones....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:12

kleermaker
Jos

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 25, 2010 22:14

StonesTod
i loved kindergarten. play time, nap time...the whole deal. i learned to share and enjoyed my milk and cookies.

Just wait till you grow very old. Then it will all come back smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: open-g ()

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()

Lol, once again on this board, much ado about nothing.

Date: May 25, 2010 22:18

Rolling Hansie
StonesTod

Just wait till you grow very old. Then it will all come back smiling smiley

i am very old. i still like my milk and cookies, but i refuse to share them. ok, time for my nap, now....

Date: May 25, 2010 22:24

StonesTod
time for my nap, now....

Enjoy

-------------------

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 25, 2010 22:41

Hendrik
kleermaker
Jos

Hendrik Mulder

Eggzactly! He said it matter of factly, trying to imply that he has some type of inside info. We already knew what was on the site and it was being questioned, so using that as his basis of evidence was a bit douchey if you ask me (which i realize, no one did).

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:09

loog droog
Beelyboy
i saw ron with stones in 75 while he was 'on loan' from small faces pop group.

You're right, he was a "guest" on the '75 tour...from the Faces.

But you're actually referencing a line Mick used about Ian McLagan when he introduced Mac onstage during the '78 tour.

Mac had just finished recording the second of two albums done by the re-formed Small Faces (with Rick Wills instead of Ronnie Lane). That second record, "'78 in the Shade" is pretty good. At the time I thought Mick's "Small Faces pop group" line was a little dismissive and...stinky.

Not that you meant it that way, Beely. Just want to make things clear for the young people.

i appreciate the clarification and the actual history behind this thanks!
i've the boot where mick says the line. woody done great in '78.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:31

Ronnie is a Rolling Stone.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 25, 2010 23:48

Kurt

Yes, but exactly how is Blondie doing it? I usually see him with just a tambourine and occasionally with an acoustic guitar on stage...the acoustic is "fattening" the sound, not a bad thing per se, but covering the main (electric) players is something totally different, innit?

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: May 26, 2010 04:39

Who is the Stones #2 Guitar player?? History shows that anything can happen.......This outcome remains to be seen.....smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-26 04:40 by Keefy.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 26, 2010 06:26

open-g

I love Shaunie and Gromit!

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 26, 2010 10:13

this is the first i've seen the official site in a while - impressive! i like the fact i can click and hear 100 years ago!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home