Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT--NRBQ'S "Grooves In Orbit"--in orbit!
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: July 5, 2009 06:12

One of the most highly regarded groups among musicians is NRBQ--Joey Spampinato played played bass in Hail Hail Rock n Roll.

Check out this very cool photo on NRBQ's website, (second item):

[www.nrbq.com]

Re: OT--NRBQ'S "Grooves In Orbit"--in orbit!
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 5, 2009 07:41

I just returned from seeing Terry Adams Crazy trio with Scott Ligon at Fitzgeralds in Berwyn. Really a fun and talented band. They did a few Q numbers, but it was a fine set either way. I miss NRBQ. They haven't played Chicago in awhile. I see the Spampinato boys are playing out east. hopefully the Q will be back on the road again soon.

Date: July 5, 2009 08:33

I saw a couple of shows by Terry Adams' Rock n Roll Quartet last November. That new song that Scott sings, "I'm Alone" is a heartbreaker.

I don't know if the Q will make it on the road in the near future. There seems to be a pretty deep rift--Terry closes his new "Holy Tweet" album with a song called "So Disrespected" and I fear it has a lot to do with the group.

Right now, you've got Terry doing shows with Tommy--and just last week Al, Frank Gadler, and the Spampinatos did that tribute show with Steve Ferguson. When asked about it, Terry said he "wasn't invited." That's a real shame.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 5, 2009 15:21

NRBQ were a very talented group. Their eclectic setlists always kept you guessing, especially when Al was on board. I hope they can patch the rifts and play again. I still play their albums frequently.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 5, 2009 21:29

Terry Adams (Pianist for NRBQ) produced much of Johnnnie Johnson's (Chuck Berry Pianist) album Johnnie B. Bad. I hear Big Al and Joey Spampinato on some of the songs. The whole album is great. Keith Richards produced and played on Tanqueray and Key to the Highway on the album. I hear that Big Al is now working in producing in TN.

Date: July 5, 2009 22:00

tumbled
Terry Adams (Pianist for NRBQ) produced much of Johnnnie Johnson's (Chuck Berry Pianist) album Johnnie B. Bad. I hear Big Al and Joey Spampinato on some of the songs.

Also playing and singing--and writing songs--for that album is original Q guitarist Steve Ferguson. Steve has been fighting an uphill battle against cancer of late--hence the tribute shows last week where he made a surprise appearance.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home