Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Following the River
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:22

Well--I like a lot from Jagger's solo works...So your right...Its a sound i like..And i love Gomper too...ha...What i like about the Stones and this album it has everything in it...How boring if every song sounded like a Muddy Waters remake...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: May 26, 2010 17:25

hot stuff
GREAT song...Not just another love song..Its a classic Stones song because you never know where it is heading..

i could tell where it was going about 2 minutes into it - right out of my cd player.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 26, 2010 18:01

hot stuff
Well--I like a lot from Jagger's solo works...So your right...Its a sound i like..And i love Gomper too...ha...What i like about the Stones and this album it has everything in it...How boring if every song sounded like a Muddy Waters remake...

I like Jagger solo too, but he's different solo than with the Stones. And nowadays he seems to get too much of his solostuff into the Stonesstuff, for my taste anyway. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:43

This is a great great tune.
I miss a higuer acoustic guitar, and a little lower vocals.
This song is almost perfect............................. IMHO
There are few guitars in this song, that's true, but ther is very littel guitar also on Sine a Light.................

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 27, 2010 12:57

the good in it is that you can imagine nick cave perform it, a bit more viciously
it lacks the touch of blasphemy that was the jagger key in the tribute to gospel in exile

Posted by: happydays ()
Date: May 30, 2010 18:13

crash
great song!!! thumbs up love it!!! >grinning smiley<

same here! excellent! smoking smiley

Best regards,
happydays

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: May 30, 2010 18:44

Sounds like a Jagger solo song.
Anecdotal track.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 30, 2010 19:20

KeithNacho
There are few guitars in this song, that's true, but ther is very littel guitar also on Sine a Light.................

Little guitar on Shine A Light? Ever heard the song? There's outstanding guitar on Shine A Light and FTR lacks that kind of guitar badly. Jagger did a parody of himself on that song. If you listen to it with that idea in mind it becomes funny. StonesTod, try to listen to it that way and you'll have tears in your eyes because of laughing, which is a good thing.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 30, 2010 21:50

Muddyw
jamesjagger
Nice song...could have made the Alfie Soundtrack....but why Exile....?

None of these songs (accept of course Soul Survivor) has anything to do with Exile, I think. The production is all different, the songs are quite different.

So I see it like a new Rarities (Bonus) CD, which happens to be released together with an updated Exile On Main St.
How do you know wht was recorded during EOMS - do we all know better than Mick/Keith?

Date: July 24, 2010 02:19

Oh - it just happened that I listened to it again and I feel the same as I stated earlier and that I like to tell you!

Beautiful song. No need to analyse. End of discussion.

Date: July 26, 2010 16:07

kleermaker
KeithNacho

Little guitar on Shine A Light? Ever heard the song? There's outstanding guitar on Shine A Light and FTR lacks that kind of guitar badly. Jagger did a parody of himself on that song. If you listen to it with that idea in mind it becomes funny. StonesTod, try to listen to it that way and you'll have tears in your eyes because of laughing, which is a good thing.

There is a solo guitar on SAL, but it´s not prominent in the mix, and the guitar is in absense for large parts of the song. On FTR, I don´t see the need of a solo guitar. It´s just not that kind of song, imo.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 26, 2010 16:13

DandelionPowderman

There is a solo guitar on SAL, but it´s not prominent in the mix, and the guitar is in absense for large parts of the song. On FTR, I don´t see the need of a solo guitar. It´s just not that kind of song, imo.

Always great to hear the guitar on SAL:

Date: July 26, 2010 16:14

sure is smileys with beer

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home