Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Which Exile to buy? I'm confused
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 15, 2010 21:50

Hello all,

I really dont want to spend $150 on the super deluxe edition. All I really want is the old and new re-mastered songs, the DVD(s), and the accomponying book.

I really dont need to have the albums or shirt etc.. I mean, I have the Ya Ya's albums and frankly I'm probably going to sell them or give them to my kids because I won't listen to them.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I hoping to stay under $100 US.

Will I be able to purchase what I want through normal retail channels?

Thank you

Re: Which Exile to buy? I'm confused
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: May 15, 2010 22:16

Good question, hopefully somebody will give their opinion and give us an idea as what to get.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 15, 2010 22:36

You can buy the 'expanded' CD set with the new songs for about $20. "Stones on Exile" DVD comes out in June. I've seen it for $14.

That is about all you'll need, and is WELL under $100.

Date: May 16, 2010 00:11

Thanks guys. Yes..treaclefingers, that is what I was thinking. I can even 2 t-shirts and still stay under the 100.

My heart wants to buy the super deluxe but my head can't justify it. I mean, I am saving for an Ampeg amp so I need to save $$

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 16, 2010 00:48

At least I`m very happy with the 2 cd-set. Very nice digipak with a nice booklet. I like to take this one in my hands instead a heavy box everytime I just wanna hear a cd. The dvd is just a teaser for future releases and , well, the book is nice but not that necessary for the money. I think the 2 cd digipak is a choice you`ll be happy with...enjoy!

Date: May 16, 2010 00:59

thank you

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:04

Well. I'd get an original UK vinyl double LP with the heavy thick vinyl set including all original post cards. That would be the best set to get into the collection smiling smiley

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: May 16, 2010 01:13

Yes, but I think Cafaro wants to have the 10 new tracks.. As a vinyl cllector I`ll buy the new vinyl too. By the way , Jan, are these postcards seperated or are they in one piece with perforation like the original ?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:16

treaclefingers..The music shop owner is going to be pleased to see you walk in and ask for your usual two of everything.

Date: May 16, 2010 01:22

Original Us and UK LP's had all postcards in one set. That is , they all was attached to each others. You kind of had one long set of cards haning on to each other. Just a perforation in between the cards
Anoter thing to take notice of is that the US printed cards had a red colored text on the cards and the original UK cards had only black text
I have seen a few Exiles up for sale "made in UK with cards" and the cards have red text,,,
If you collect vinyls, then get it right, US red text, UK black text..

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: May 16, 2010 01:24

I have not yeat got the new set so I cannot tell if they are in one "string" or as separate cards.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:26

It's all about the music for me, so I just bought the 2CD "Deluxe" edition.
I have the original LP and I don't understand why people need stuff like "hotel-room keys" or whatever that are made in Hongkong...
But that's just my point of view.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:27

I wander of there are still people that keep the cards together in stead of tear them apart

Date: May 16, 2010 01:28

My original german copy has postcards with red letters ..

Date: May 16, 2010 01:33

A few years back I got a bright idea: Why do I not send a christmas card to all my fellow Nordic Stones Vikings, like using the Exile Cards.... well... for some strange reason I diceded not to send the Exile post cards,,, even though it was Christmas tongue sticking out smiley
I think that my fellow Vikings may have appreciated the Christmas Card .....

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:35

i'm still confused about remastered vinyl? i always thought analog music was remastered to sound good in digital format so why does analog need to be digitally remastered and then put back in analog format once again? this was mentioned before but i'm still confused

Date: May 16, 2010 01:49

Yes ghostryder you have a good point there. I got all the mid 2000's reissues of vinyls, the so called DSD versions and I have to say that the sound of these "remastered vinyls" are amazing. I do not know what they did to the sound, but get these DSD LP's, play them on high volume and enjoy...

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: May 16, 2010 01:52

I was going to go the cheap way too; you can get all the music plus eventually DVD for little money - but it is the damn book that they got me with.

Date: May 16, 2010 02:04

Naturally you have to get the new Exile on vinyl. It is not included in the DSD set issued a few years back. Basically ANYTHING on vinyl sound good, who needs small plastic digital round deecees anyhow?? I do not need them as I play my vinyls...

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Date: May 16, 2010 02:05

I agree Palace. That and the cards are the only things from keeping me from going cheap. Of course, my dogs will probably eat the cards so...

I think I'm going to wait and get the official revues from you all smiling smiley

Posted by: matinil ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:11

Question for US fans

if I buy the super dlx edition, do I have to buy the itunes album to get the "all down the line alterante version"??

I don't think that song is included on the album, and amazon doesnt offer it for free in the US. Also, you have to buy the whole album to get it on itunes, you can't buy it separate.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:29

matinil
Question for US fans

if I buy the super dlx edition, do I have to buy the itunes album to get the "all down the line alterante version"??

I don't think that song is included on the album, and amazon doesnt offer it for free in the US. Also, you have to buy the whole album to get it on itunes, you can't buy it separate.

post your email address and i bet someone will send you the mp3. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:30

Hi Cafaro,

I've got the deluxe version. The best thing for me is the vinyl in it. Great sound. More dynamic.
CD version? Very hard limited (loudness war or whatever you want to call it)
To me the vinyl in the box is the real revalation (as great as the outtakes are, I'm very happy with that too!)

Date: May 16, 2010 02:36

barbabang
Hi Cafaro,

I've got the deluxe version. The best thing for me is the vinyl in it. Great sound. More dynamic.
To me the vinyl in the box is the real revalation (as great as the outtakes are, I'm very happy with that too!)

i believe you have the SUPER DELUXE version if it includes the vinyl.

i honestly thought the topic of this thread was a joke. Does a person really need to be told what to buy?

Date: May 16, 2010 02:37

Aaah, anoter vinyl guy, thanks barbabang for you comment. If you want to experiance Exile, get it on vinyl. Not more difficult than that...

Well, if you want to experiance Tha Rolling Stones, get them on vinyl.
DSD mid 2000 issues will do the thing for ya

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:41

but wouldn't it be better to listen to the original vinyl lp's than remastered ones?

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 16, 2010 02:41

sweet neo con
barbabang
Hi Cafaro,

i honestly thought the topic of this thread was a joke. Does a person really need to be told what to buy?

No, of course it's up to anyone to make their own choice, I'm just very happy that the vinyl isn't a 16 bit transfer of the cd (which I, quite frankly, feared!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-16 02:44 by barbabang.

Date: May 16, 2010 02:58

barbabang
sweet neo con
barbabang
Hi Cafaro,

No, of course it's up to anyone to make their own choice, I'm just very happy that the vinyl isn't a 16 bit transfer of the cd (which I, quite frankly, feared!)

I'm happy about the vinyl too...am i correct that yours is the SUPER deluxe version and not Deluxe?

re: thread topic....comment directed at Cafaro. Apparently doesn't know which package he wants.

Date: May 16, 2010 03:00

Sweet neo-con.........I am simply asking for advice, trying to save $100 so I can put that money towards an amp. I mean it;s Saturday night, dont you have anything better to do than criticize my post??

Date: May 16, 2010 03:01

Thank you all, I do have access to a turn table. Still cant decide.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2044
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home