Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Faithfull's story set for screen
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 13, 2009 22:23

Singer Marianne Faithfull, the original wild girl of rock, has agreed to let her life story be told in a film.

Faithfull was Mick Jagger's girlfriend and a legendary party animal, who sank into heroin addiction and homelessness.

She published an autobiography in 1994. "It won't happen right away but we have found a director who I trust who wants to make a film of the book," she said.

But Faithfull, who is now releasing her 22nd album, said she did not want a say in casting an actress to play her.

"I'm not getting involved," she said. "I'll read the script, when it's ready, which isn't for a long time, and then I'll leave it to the director and the actress he chooses.

"I don't want to have much to do with it. I want to read the script and like the script and then I'm going to let go of it and let them do what they want. That's the way to do it."

Now 62, Faithfull added that her life was "a great story".
Educated in a convent, she was discovered by the Rolling Stones' manager at 17 and had a string of hits in the 1960s. She was reportedly wooed by Bob Dylan before beginning a five-year relationship with Jagger.

She was once found wearing nothing but a rug during an infamous police search of Stones guitarist Keith Richards' house in 1967.

According to rock legend, Faithfull inspired the classic Stones songs You Can't Always Get What You Want, Let's Spend the Night Together and Wild Horses, while she wrote their track Sister Morphine.

Faithfull, who already had one young son, fell pregnant by Jagger in 1968 but miscarried. A suicide attempt in Australia in 1969 put her in a coma for six days and in the subsequent years, she split from Jagger and lost custody of her son.

She spent two years living on the streets of London in the 1970s, addicted to heroin. In 1976 she was living in a Chelsea squat without hot water or electricity.

Her creative rehabilitation came in the late 1970s and '80s, and she is now regarded with critical respect for both her music and acting.

Her latest album, Easy Come, Easy Go, features guests including Keith Richards, Rufus Wainwright, Jarvis Cocker and Nick Cave, and is released in the UK on Monday.

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Now let's see if we can guess who they're going to cast for the key parts!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: Faithfull's story set for screen
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 13, 2009 22:25

Wow, I hope whoever plays her in the 60's is as hot as Marianne was back then! grinning smiley

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 13, 2009 22:27

I think they should cast Sienna Miller as Anita. There's a pretty good similarity, although Sienna looks a little bit more innocent (even if she's not)

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: March 13, 2009 22:31

James Jagger should play his dad, of course.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 13, 2009 22:57

CindyC should just take care of casting, obviously

Date: March 13, 2009 23:00

First intelligent thing you've said all week.

Date: March 13, 2009 23:03

CindyC
First intelligent thing you've said all week.

year

Date: March 13, 2009 23:04

seriously tho - doesn't she look just like Anita in the photo?

Date: March 13, 2009 23:05

oh...in the face? i just noticed that she had one...just a minute

Date: March 13, 2009 23:18

CindyC

No!

Please keep that sienna tart away from this film!

Posted by: cc ()
Date: March 13, 2009 23:38

His Majesty
CindyC

No!

Please keep that sienna tart away from this film!

yeah, and she doesn't appear to have nearly the necessary endowment to play Marianne... though I suppose that could be handled.

Date: March 14, 2009 00:19

cc
yeah, and she doesn't appear to have nearly the necessary endowment to play Marianne... though I suppose that could be handled.

silly - I said Sienna would be Anita. Anita was somewhat of a tart herself.

As for Marianne, if we're looking for someone with the proper endowment, then we'd have to go with Scarlett Johanssen.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2009 00:30

Sienna's a smokin' babe .........

ROCKMAN

Date: March 14, 2009 00:49

CindyC
cc

silly - I said Sienna would be Anita. Anita was somewhat of a tart herself.

As for Marianne, if we're looking for someone with the proper endowment, then we'd have to go with Scarlett Johanssen.

ah, so you did... but doesn't anyone want to take advantage of my set-up line?

Date: March 14, 2009 00:54

well I'm a girl so I'm not the proper person to "handle" them. Perhaps someone else can jump in here

Date: March 14, 2009 01:03

CindyC
well I'm a girl so I'm not the proper person to "handle" them. Perhaps someone else can jump in here

hey, as James Dean is supposed to have said about bisexuality, why go through life with one hand tied behind your back?

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 14, 2009 01:13

it'll be 40 minutes of her dating the stones and being marginally famous because of that, then 4000 minutes of her being a talentless resentful windbag endlessly referencing the first 40 minutes of the movie, if it to mirror her life, in any way!

OLDKR

Date: March 14, 2009 01:15

Once again - OUCH!

Oldkr - you have to stop repressing your feelings. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: March 14, 2009 02:51

oldkr
it'll be 40 minutes of her dating the stones and being marginally famous because of that, then 4000 minutes of her being a talentless resentful windbag endlessly referencing the first 40 minutes of the movie, if it to mirror her life, in any way!

OLDKR
ha!---you are %100 dead-on right!!----agree completely--can't stand this wizened old bar hag..famous for being famous...yecch...

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: March 14, 2009 05:41

CindyC
Once again - OUCH!

Oldkr - you have to stop repressing your feelings. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'll try - but when it comes to that talentless wheezer , i struggle!

OLDKR

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 14, 2009 11:33

oldkr

OLDKR

Suspect you're right ... gotta say that I don't have much time for her either.

Date: March 14, 2009 21:23

The film should be titled "Anita and Marianne" as they both have some incredible stories to tell. The movie studios should take note: Newsweek reported that their story that got the most hits last week was the one on newly discovered Rolling Stones and Beatles photos.
I agree that Scarlett J should be cast as Faithfull. If Gwyneth Paltrow could pull off the acting/accent of Pallenberg it could be a major commercial product. Imagine the number of actors rushing to play Mick, Brian,... Perhaps Johnny Depp could portray Keith! >grinning smiley<
(Sienna could play Edie again.)

Date: March 15, 2009 00:19

I would love to see it be the Anita & Marianne story instead.

I have to 100% respectfully disagree about Gwyneth. I would hate to see that role go to her, she's a great actress but lacks the sex appeal and mystery that I love about Anita.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: March 15, 2009 08:51

>Please keep that sienna tart away from this film!

Agreed! She's already trashed Edie Sedgwick.

Date: March 15, 2009 15:54

I guess Scarlett J. might pass for Marianne... if they finally get her to take voice lessons. She often sounds as if she's swallowed a frog.

Date: March 15, 2009 17:25

I didn't bother to see the Edie film.

But I'm really surprised that no one commented on the resemblance between that particular photo of Sienna and Anita. I thought it was amazing.

Date: March 15, 2009 23:25

I don't see any resemblance other than the blonde hair and skinny figure. Sienna has none of the charisma, mystic and sex appeal of Anita in her prime.

Date: March 16, 2009 01:17

I thought Sienna was terrific in Factory Girl (don't recall what else I've seen her in.) I would have to see a 'screen test' to say for sure, but I believe she couldn't pull off Anita. That's just my impression... I would sooner cast Charlize Theron, and I think Pallenberg would agree with me on this!

Date: March 16, 2009 01:50

Charlize is a great idea. She is absolutely stunning.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 23, 2009 22:24

I hope they don't attempt to make a film.
Biopics of "live" (as distinct from deceased) persons rarely work in my opinion.
And the film about the very dead Brian Jones -Stoned - was not very good. And it took 10 years to complete (from the original idea). The actor who played the builder "'im wot did Brian in" didn't even look like the real article.
Playing Mick in particular and also Keith to some extent would be very difficult to pull off....leave it to the guys in the TV comedy series (can't recall the title just now, but our boys ran the corner shop).
Marianne's story is too well known and documented already. Better wait 50 years when most of the tale is forgotten.

I saw the Edith Piaf film last year and that was good, there was lots of material which was not known except to the diehard fans.Excellent performances.
Where would the intrigue, suspense, suprise elemts come from?
I supppose a made for TV film might work - ones expectations are always lowered, the budget is much lower also.

I love the comment in this thread above : "Anita was a bit of a tart"
Hasn't Mick been descrbed the same?
I think Marianne would probably like the idea, Ego and some income for her. Alweays seems to be hard up, cannot understand why.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1819
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home