Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ladies and Gents DVD official release
Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: April 25, 2010 19:51

Does anyone know when this is going to be released ? The press release from Eagle said the Blu Ray version is slotted for Fall 2010 release and I am assuming that means the DVD will come out a little earlier. Does anyone have any news on this ? Thanks

Re: Ladies and Gents DVD official release
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 26, 2010 01:12

Is the full movie included on the dvd of the SUPER DELUXE EXILE or just portions?

Same thing with CS Blues & Exile Doc? Portions?

Do we know for sure they these 3 films will be released in their entirety..separately?

(thanks in advance)

IORR............but I like it!

Date: April 26, 2010 01:54

Eagle Rock entertainment is going to release Ladies and Gents in both regular DVD and a HD blu-ray. HD Blu ray is set for Autumn 2010. I am thinking that the regular DVD will come out sometime in the summer ? Just wonder if anyone knows anything. Please note that this release is completely separate from the Exile re-release. Here is the link
[www.eagle-rock.com]

Date: April 26, 2010 02:17

The Eagle Rock DVD "Stones in Exile" will be released on 6/22. It is already available for pre-order on Amazon. smileys with beer

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 14:36

stonesseventytwo
It is already available for pre-order on Amazon. smileys with beer

...Is it?! Can't find it on Amazon...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 26, 2010 14:50

sweet neo con
Is the full movie included on the dvd of the SUPER DELUXE EXILE or just portions?

Do we know for sure they these 3 films will be released in their entirety..separately?

(thanks in advance)

There are absolutely NO plans to release Co**sucker Blues. I doubt there ever will be, to be honest.

As 'Stones in Exile' hasnt been released before, then by definition it would be released 'in its entirety' when it comes out in June. I very much doubt the TV broadcast in May will be anywhere near 150 minutes long.

I would imagine 'L&G' will be the same as the original release, although I guess its possible there could be extras.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-26 14:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 26, 2010 14:55

i have my doubts L&G will be the same as the original release.
Check out the "interference" Jagger has done to the Exile sessions...

Date: April 26, 2010 16:06

Hardly comparable, considering he/left the original 'Exile' release as it was.

Posted by: jbgoode ()
Date: April 26, 2010 16:26

The following can be read in the "Record Collector"#375 from May 2010:
The re-release of Exile coincides with the airing of "The Stones In Exile" documentary film on US TV networks and BBC International. This will be issued with bonus material by EAGLE on DVD in June. It's followed in the autumn by a DVD and BD of "Ladies nad Gentlemen" !!!
BTW: The next issue of Record Collector features Keith Richards and the making of Exile on Main Street. On sale 13th May.

Date: April 26, 2010 16:27

Gazza

not comparing them, just think there's every chance a song will be missing or some footage will be cut.

Remember L&G has never been offically released on DVD in stores (apart from an Aussie release on VHS)...so an offical release of L&G worldwide has the potential of tampering if Mick wants to have a look at it.

In any case we have the bootleg versions so we can compare.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 26, 2010 16:32

Eleanor Rigby
i have my doubts L&G will be the same as the original release.
Check out the "interference" Jagger has done to the Exile sessions...

[www.bravewords.com]
March 18, 2010 at 12:16:36 EST

Eagle Rock Entertainment has announce that they have signed a deal with the ROLLING STONES to release two DVDs this year. The Rolling Stones have long been viewed by many as Britain’s most important rock ‘n’ roll band and these releases, concentrating on some of their finest work laid down in the ’70s, will certainly cement that reputation.

The first of the releases, Stones In Exile, is the story of the making of the classic album Exile On Main Street, which was released in 1972 as a double LP and is considered by many to be their masterpiece. This title is due to be released in June with substantial bonus material and follows the broadcast of the main show by the BBC in late May, and the reissue of the album at the same time.

The second of the releases is Ladies And Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones, t
The legendary Rolling Stones concert film from 1972.Fully restored from the original film, . it will be released nationally in cinemas and then receive its first ever authorized DVD release. The title will also be released in high definition on Blu-ray in the autumn of 2010.

Geoff Kempin of Eagle Rock commented, “We are delighted to add a band of such unparalleled caliber as the Rolling Stones to our catalogue and are delighted to be bring to consumers a pair of such important and high quality titles.”

What original film ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 26, 2010 16:41

thanks Sway

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: April 26, 2010 16:57

Regarding possible extras on the L and G dvd,whilst all material from the film has been removed from Youtube,the bonus songs that we know of(Happy and All down the line),are still up there.Whether that is of significance i don't know.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 26, 2010 17:02

SwayStones
What original film ?

Probably the original master where all cinema copies were made of.

Mr.Fancyman

Date: April 26, 2010 17:13

Eleanor Rigby
Gazza

not comparing them, just think there's every chance a song will be missing or some footage will be cut.

Remember L&G has never been offically released on DVD in stores (apart from an Aussie release on VHS)...so an offical release of L&G worldwide has the potential of tampering if Mick wants to have a look at it.

In any case we have the bootleg versions so we can compare.

Havent done it before, so I wouldnt think theyd bother if they were going to reissue the movie at all.

The reason why they added stuff to the Exile outtakes was because the tracks they selected werent finished. Its not really the same thing for live footage which was already previously available.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: April 26, 2010 17:23

Any idea when L&G will hit the cinemas?

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: April 27, 2010 04:41

Gazza
sweet neo con

(thanks in advance)

There are absolutely NO plans to release Co**sucker Blues. I doubt there ever will be, to be honest.

As 'Stones in Exile' hasnt been released before, then by definition it would be released 'in its entirety' when it comes out in June. I very much doubt the TV broadcast in May will be anywhere near 150 minutes long.

I would imagine 'L&G' will be the same as the original release, although I guess its possible there could be extras.

not sure if my original question was misunderstood or not...

i guess i'm asking if this amazon listing is accurate....just portions??

tracklisting leads one to believe it is 3 separate tracks...text says it's portions of each
in a 30 min documentary.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-27 04:50 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 27, 2010 04:56

still ill
Regarding possible extras on the L and G dvd,whilst all material from the film has been removed from Youtube,the bonus songs that we know of(Happy and All down the line),are still up there.Whether that is of significance i don't know.

why would they do this? do they think people wont but it if they dont delete it?

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: April 27, 2010 06:27

melillo
still ill

why would they do this? do they think people wont but it if they dont delete it?

Some simple thoughts:

- The Rolling Stones give the exclusive rights to copy and sell L&G worldwide to Eagle Rock and will get some money

- Eagle Rock than will find those "releases" on youtube, condoned by The Rolling Stones, so they will reclaime much money back

So: What to do for the Rolling Stones management to go no risk in loosing money ...?

Only a few thoughts ...

HighwireC

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: April 27, 2010 06:40

sweet neo con
Gazza
sweet neo con

(thanks in advance)

not sure if my original question was misunderstood or not...

i guess i'm asking if this amazon listing is accurate....just portions??

tracklisting leads one to believe it is 3 separate tracks...text says it's portions of each
in a 30 min documentary.

3 X 10 min portions in this Universal release,
L&G (DVD + Blu-ray) and Stones in Exile (DVD) will be released completely and exclusively by Eagle Rock!

The ten minutes from C-Blues will be G-rated, so there will be no special problems to sell the Exile On Main Street - Box etc.

X-rated C.-Blues will follow later separately, perhaps ...

HighwireC

Date: April 27, 2010 15:49

There are significant legal issues surrounding Cocks**ker Blues which prevents it's possible release, and those would have to be resolved for it to ever officially see the light of day.

When the Stones brought an injunction to prevent its release, there was a disagreement over whether the band or Robert Frank owned the copyright and no satisfactory outcome was ever really reached. The upshot was that the film can only be shown (I think) 5 times a year and always in Frank's presence.

Robert Frank is now 85 years old, so what happens to that legal agreement when he dies I'm not sure. Maybe his family would cash in and give the Stones full rights. Personally, I would be very surprised if the band would ever want it released in it's full form - theyve been OK about sanitised and carefully chosen clips to be shown on TV and in documentaries over the years. However, it's commercial value as a film would be negligible and as it portrays them in a way that they probably want to distance themselves from even more than they did in the mid 70s, there's really nothing to be gained for them in ever sanctioning it's official release.

Date: April 27, 2010 16:49

agreed. Plus it's a pretty boring "movie"...am happy just to get the band's good moments from the film in excellent quality !

Mind you the unreleased footage Frank might have would be very interesting also!!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 27, 2010 17:01

I hope the "Uptight/Satisfaction" footage with Stevie Wonder ( Band ) is
included either as bonus on L&G or Stones In Exile or the strange mix DVD
coming with the Exile Deluxe Edition...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1430
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home