Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 23, 2010 10:55

Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,

1150 video's and almost 2.000.000 views in 14 months gone .

Account deleted by a copyright claim of ABKCO on 04/22/2010

It is fun to be a Rolling Stones fan .

Account deleted by a copyright claim of ABKCO on 04/22/2010

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 12:47 by UrbanSteel.

Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:03

that`s bad,

thanks for your great job anyway.

Re: OT ; Finaly they did it , they closed my YouTube account , 1150 video's gone,
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:11

Oh, Why oh Why !!
Very.. bad luck. all those people who have enjoyed it.
Has the Stones management closed it down, or who has ???
Anyway, i wish you strength and luck
geef niet op, wellicht herstellen ze het.
Bye Jeroen

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:17

is closing your account all? or will you have to pay a sentence or go to prison???

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:36

Ohh Jos,that's too bad !
Did they warn you before ?
I don't understand why they closed your account because there are many other Stones videos on You Tube ,so why yours ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:44

soon, the freedom in the internet will be gone, just because lawyers and big money hungry companies will take complete controll. ç%&%ç%ç THEM ALL!
there must be another way to upload them, no?
if i can help you in any way i will / would....
the world is full of idiots...jesus christ...
but thanks for everything urban. hope it will continue somewhere else...

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:46

That´s the way they do it. Suddenly you´re thrown out, without a warning. It stinks.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 11:51

sorry to hear that , over the past 3-4 yrsi had like 4 accounts closed down by youtube i finally ended up losing all heart in making and posting videos thanks to abkco

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 11:52 by ghostryder13.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 23, 2010 12:04

I was trawling through it just a couple of days ago. We'll have to start our own 'StonesToob'

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: April 23, 2010 12:04

I am sorry for you Urban Steel, but thankyou for your work!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 23, 2010 12:39

That sucks big time, UrbanSteel. The least they could do was offer an explanation.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: April 23, 2010 12:54

So some person in an position to intervene decided it was not a good idea to spread the
beauty of The Stones all over the world!

To me, keeping away information from the masses is one of the biggest crimes any person
with power can commit.

Unforgivable.

Thank you Urbansteel, for all the joy you've given me and everybody else with your posted
videos. You've helped me through many dips.
The world has become a bit sadder, knowing we can not reach all these clips with just
one click of the mouse.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: April 23, 2010 13:00

So sorry to hear this UrbanSteel, I really enjoyed your YT videos. Terrible shame.The work you do is greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 23, 2010 14:09

Woah - what a rude thing to do! Removing such a collection of videos, with such a small amount of official content really doesn't do much good to anyone - in fact I'll bet your youtube collection made a lot of people more interested in the Rolling Stones. When seeing how the record companies run things....like removing your collection; it kinda take away any doubt one might have about downloading official material as well. When they (the recordcompanies) pay no respect to one aspect of being a "listener/fan" - one doesn't feel like paying any respect or courtisy back to them
....then again, i'll always have to purchase music.....to get it on vinyl

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 23, 2010 14:10

Despicable stuff. I notice there's a Rolling Stones You Tube channel. I guess it'll get to the stage where THAT will be the only Stones material allowed on You Tube.

Another classic example of the Stones doing their best to make their music available to as few people as possible.

Thanks for all your efforts in trying to educate and entertain the masses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 15:00 by Gazza.

Date: April 23, 2010 14:20

Love In Vain from L& G is gone.
I think I had downloaded it on my Real Player account .
"This video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it on copyright grounds. "

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2010 14:24

so sorry to hear about that .i wanted to thank you big time for all that you have done and the joy that you have brought me !!!!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 23, 2010 14:49

This is why I am a member of the Swedish Pirate Party, who has a chair in the European Parliament.

The internet is the biggest opportunity for free information and open exchange of culture and knowledge ever, and the big corporations aided by our own governments do all they can to keep it closed.

It always tears my heart in half when I see a committed fan of something who has been serving his peers in a generous manner like you, Urban Steel, getting kicked out in such a mannerless way.

The Pirate Party Movement (intl)

Date: April 23, 2010 15:47

I do not know why you were looking for an explanation.
Is it not self-evident.
More interesting, is why they let so many postings survive at all.
I love the youtube videos.
When I was a kid, I saw the Stones on the once in a blue moon occassion that they appeared on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert or some other similar forum.
It is amazing that these video were 'allowed' to remain on youtube so long.
It is not amazing that they were wiped clean.
Do not misunderstand my posting... It was cool when they were available and inevitable that they would be removed.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:16

When are the "Powers that be",whovever they are gonna realize that videos like these actually KEEP interest in the band and promote their product!! Utterly stupid!

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:18

Sorry to hear that - 'coowouters' and few other Stones Youtube uploaders were banned couple of weeks ago as well.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:21

It's perhaps a sign that at least a little bit of this material is going to be released officially sometime - and therefore anything they see as the unofficial competition has to be wiped out in advance.

However, as Erik says, it's sites like yours that get people interested enough to buy the official stuff at all, and its a sad end to all your hard work - for which so many thanks from so many of us here. Whoever has pushed for your site to be closed is doing themselves no favours - they're just throwing away a whole lot of free publicity without so much as a thank you. Ungrateful bastards.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:31

what a downer. thanks UrbanSteel for what you gave us.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:39

I can only think that the YaYas box, Exile On Main Street project and Ladies And Gentleman DVD/Blu-Ray release in autumn has prompted the Stones to do more archiving. Maybe this is the beginning of the vaults finally being opened. Why else would they suddenly close the account?

Anyway, well done Urban for all you good work. It was much appreciated.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:42

That´s too bad.
Thank you for all the work and passion you put in.
Always been joy and fun to watch.

Date: April 23, 2010 16:47

Silver Dagger
I can only think that the YaYas box, Exile On Main Street project and Ladies And Gentleman DVD/Blu-Ray release in autumn has prompted the Stones to do more archiving. Maybe this is the beginning of the vaults finally being opened. Why else would they suddenly close the account?

Anyway, well done Urban for all you good work. It was much appreciated.

yes, that's what I thought when I saw that Love In Vain had been removed .

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: April 23, 2010 16:49

i feel bad about this

Posted by: morkos1 ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:26

What a shame. I'm sure there are other Tube-like sites that allow uploaders more freedom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 17:26 by morkos1.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:27

I am so sorry Urban Steel. I think its terrible. It was a work of greatness.

Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: April 23, 2010 17:34

Oh man, this is a serious blow. I watched SO MANY of your vids all the time. Such a treasure. Thanks so much for you efforts and it was not in vain, many people got hours of enjoyment from your work.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home