Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Peter Wolf Tour!!!
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: April 21, 2010 22:18

Dates starting to come out...

May 15 - Chicago

May 17 - Detroit

I can't wait!

Re: OT: Peter Wolf Tour!!!
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 21, 2010 22:39

I'd rather see a full J Geils Band tour.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 22:42

Providence RI May 23rd

------------------------------

J Geils is going to tour , I know they're playing Fenway Park late in the summer with Aerosmith

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 21, 2010 22:54

Thanks so much for the kind heads up.

I've seen J. Geils live sixteen times, but never seen Peter solo.
I just can't wait.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:25

whoa peter works on out bigtime. good news

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: April 22, 2010 13:03

sweetcharmedlife
I'd rather see a full J Geils Band tour.

They are playing @ Fenway Stadium this summer with Aerosmith, aren't they?

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: April 22, 2010 13:26

Any chance of seeing the J Geils Band in Holland or at least Europe?

Mr.Fancyman

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 22, 2010 13:43

the Fenway show sold out in about 5 minutes. way too many pre-sales. tickets were sold thru LiveNation and i was not able to get in at all for the public sale. there was talk of adding a 2nd show, but nothing yet. haven't heard anything about a tour, looks like a one-off so far, at least for J. Geils - the 2nd best live R&R band in the world as far as i'm concerned! saw them several times in the '70s and '80s. each and every time they blew the roof off the joint. did anybody here do the World Series of Rock shows in Cleveland? J.G.B. played 3 of them and generally blew the main act(s) off the stage. got to see them in some small clubs, too, where they were even better.

wikipedia has a nice entry about the Cleveland WSoR shows:
[en.wikipedia.org]

hey Inopeng: what's the best way to stay up-to-date on the dates? never seen Peter Wolf solo, is it a similar experience to JGB?

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-22 14:19 by josepi.

Date: April 22, 2010 16:53

josepi,

I haven't seen J. Geils live so cannot make a comparison. I did see a Peter Wolf solo show in 2002 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. My guess is that it is probably more personal, he told a few stories, and he put on one hell of a show with a great band behind him. GO!

Date: April 22, 2010 17:27

Well I'd prefer a JGB tour. But I'd go see a PW solo show. So come on out to west coast Peter.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 22, 2010 19:18

inopeng
josepi,

I haven't seen J. Geils live so cannot make a comparison. I did see a Peter Wolf solo show in 2002 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. My guess is that it is probably more personal, he told a few stories, and he put on one hell of a show with a great band behind him. GO!

that's all i need to know and Chicago's not too far from here. i'm in. thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-22 19:18 by josepi.

Date: April 22, 2010 21:48

That begs the question, josepi...where are you? There are some cool IORRers around here...

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 22, 2010 23:39

inopeng, thanks for the alert about the Peter Wolf gig. Alas, I return to Chicago from a 2 week trip the day after this show. I am going to try and get back a day early to catch this gig, but the cost right now is just to high considering what they charge to change itineraries. Either way this is likely to be a great night. As you said, the tour supporting the Sleepless album was simply over the top awesome. What venue is he playing? Fitzgeralds looks booked that day.

Date: April 23, 2010 00:59

Filstan,

I hope this is some consolation - it's at Park West. With a little luck he'll play someplace better in Milwaukee...

That FitzGeralds in 2002 show was really something, wasn't it? (Geez, I feel like I should be his PR guy!)

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 23, 2010 01:51

I am with you about the PR thing. I have talked up Wolf's Fitzgeralds show for years to fellow music fans in the area. It was a special night. Pity he plays the Park West. That place can be a little tight unless they open the dance floor. Fitzgeralds would have been the better venue. Where by the way is the tour schedule? The Peter Wolf website didn't have anything that I could find. I can easily see a road trip to Milwaukee if he plays up there. Hope to meet up with you one of these days.

Date: April 23, 2010 01:55

inopeng
That begs the question, josepi...where are you? There are some cool IORRers around here...

central Ohio. it's a cheap, easy flight to Midway from here. seen the Stones many times in Chicago as far back as '78, one of my favorite burgs. especially for a Stones concert. my 2nd favorite Stones concert of all-time was the '78 Soldier Field show. have heard people say that the sound system was poor and they didn't like the show. but from where i stood (at the corner of the stage, Woody-side) the sound was great and i thought their performance was outrageously good. still rave about that one all the time.

starting w/Voodoo Lounge and ending with the Licks tour, you could do the stand-in-line thing to get tickets at the ticketmaster outlets here in Columbus for the Chicago shows. every time, i was first in line and got in the first 5 rows for most of the Stones Chicago shows in that era. was real nice and lucky! the 2nd Chicago VL show was another outstanding one. thought they tried a little too hard the 1st night, but the 2nd night there was some magic.

discovered a short while ago that Millvale PA is just outside Pittsburgh. may opt to do that one instead of Chicago. not a bad drive. will decide by the weekend most likely. tickets already on sale $25/pop thru ticketmaster.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 02:20 by josepi.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: April 23, 2010 04:49

Here we go!!!

Concert: Peter Wolf @ Londonderry, NH, Tupelo Music Hall, Sunday, May 9th, 2010 (Sold out)

Concert: Peter Wolf @ The Iron Horse Music Hall, Tuesday, May 11th, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ Port City Music Hall, Portland, ME, Wednesday, May 12th, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ Park West, Chicago, Saturday, May 15th, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ Saint Andrews Hall, Detroit, Monday, May 17th, 2010

Concert: Jay Geils & Gerry Beaudoin Quintet @ Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Friday, May 21st, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ The Egg in Albany NY, Friday, May 21st, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ Infinity Music Hall & Bistro, Saturday, May 22nd, 2010

Concert: Peter Wolf @ The State Theatre, Virginia, Sunday, May 30th, 2010

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 04:59 by U2Stonesfan.

Date: April 23, 2010 07:08

interesting..the Infinity Music hall hosts Jay Geils & Gerry Beaudoin Quintet, then Peter Wolf on back-to-back nights. May 21, May 22. wonder what Magic Dick is doing those nights.

EVEN MORE INTERESTING!!! what do you guys think about this?!?! J. Geils Band @ Showcase Live in Foxboro Mass. could this be legit????
[www.songkick.com]
false alarm... clicking thru indicates it's J.Geils without the Band.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-23 07:15 by josepi.

Date: April 26, 2010 05:29

Rats, no Milwaukee. Hope you can make it somehow anyway, filstan,

josepi, you're spot on about that second Chicao show during the VL tour - there was magic in the air. Same can be said for the April, 1998 show at United Center and the September 2002 show also at UC.

Got my Peter Wolf ticket - can't wait for the show!!! Anyone in the Chicago area should go...

Date: April 26, 2010 06:48

i love wolf but keep in mind these shows will be very different from geils

in the dc area the venue is saying this will be "seated" show but is a venue that never has seated shows.. that tells me this will be a very slow and intimate show

tickets here are only 20 bucks..insane.

j geils band has ZERO plans to tour..

Date: April 26, 2010 13:52

stoned

If it's anything like the show I saw in '02 it will be intimmately high-energy show...

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 20:43

I just got my tix for Buffalo on May 18th at the Town Ballroom...for $22.00! A great deal. I would have paid $100 to see him in a club like this. It fits about 1,000 if packed in. I am pumped. Huge Geils fan and this is the first time I will see PW solo.

The new record is pretty mellow and a bit countryfide, so I am sure there will be more slower parts than a Geils show...but PW is one of the best showmen out there. I could own an audience if he was on-stage reading the help wanted ads.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 26, 2010 23:37

And this listed on Peter's website:

Announcing DOUBLE PLAY concert (Aerosmith and The J. Geils Band)!
Announcing the DOUBLE PLAY concert featuring Aerosmith and The J. Geils Band on August 14th at Fenway Park in Boston! Tickets go on sale April 17th!

Date: April 26, 2010 23:52

buffalo7478
And this listed on Peter's website:

Announcing DOUBLE PLAY concert (Aerosmith and The J. Geils Band)!
Announcing the DOUBLE PLAY concert featuring Aerosmith and The J. Geils Band on August 14th at Fenway Park in Boston! Tickets go on sale April 17th!
That was announced weeks ago and the show is already sold out. The question is if they'll add another one.
Meanwhile here are the announced dates of the solo tour so far:
May 9th: Londonderry, NH Tupelo Music Hall
May 11th: Northampton, MA Iron Horse
May 12th: Portland, ME Port City Music Hall
May 15th: Chicago, IL Park West
May 17th: Detroit, MI St Andrews
May 18th: Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
May 19th: Pittsburgh, PA Mr. Smalls
May 21st: Albany, NY Sawyer Auditorium at the Egg
May 22nd: Norfolk, CT Infinity Hall
May 23rd: Providence, RI Lupo's
May 25th: Boston, MA Wilbur Theatre
May 27th: West Chester, PA The Note
May 28th: Brooklyn, NY The Bell House
May 30th: Falls Church, VA State Theatre

Posted by: funkyjudgeUK ()
Date: May 2, 2010 11:06

Hi all,

Update to the above list.

26th May – Highline Ballroom, 431 W 16th St, New York, NY

The Tupelo Music Hall on the 9th is sold out.

Tickets to the May 21st concert at the Egg are now available to members of the public and not just Egg members. Looks like quite a few front row seats still available.

I'm fron the UK but will travel to the State Theatre gig at Falls Church, VA on May 30th.

Facebook rumours suggest a 2nd Fenway concert on Friday August 13th will be announced this coming week.

funkyjudge

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: May 12, 2010 05:43

Just came back from the Iron Horse, Northampton, MA show(same venue I saw Mick Taylor in 2 weeks ago) what a night. Peter put on an incredible show, 2+ hours long. This was a very intimate venue and with 6 of them on stage Peter could barely move. I highly suggest seeing him, here's what he played tonight:

Growin Pain
Long Line
Long Way Back Again
Askin For you
I Don't Wanna Know
Homework
Cry One More Time For You
Thick As Thieves
Greenfields
Wasting Time
Lyin Low
Tragedy
Nitetime
Riverside Drive
Love Stinks
Lookin
There's Still Time

Encore:
Nothin But The Wheel
Overnight Lows
Musta Got Lost
Waitin On The Moon
Give it to Me
It's Too Late

Posted by: funkyjudgeUK ()
Date: May 13, 2010 07:45

Thanks for the set list.

Update to the tour: The 27th May concert at The Note, West Chester, PA has been moved to June 6th.

[funkyjudge.net]

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 13, 2010 07:47

HUGE mistake for Aerosmith to put these guys on the same bill...talk about blown off the stage!

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 13, 2010 09:02

They played a new song of his on a Chicago radio station recently and the DJ followed it with "Yes it sounds like the Rolling Stones", sorry I wasn't paying attention to the title

Date: May 16, 2010 08:43

Just got home from the show in Chicago...man, this guy is special! If you have a chance to see him, GO!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home