Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
THE NEXT TOUR STARTS JANUARY 2010 - YES, REALLY!!!!
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: December 25, 2008 07:49

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!

I WAS AT THE VIP AFTER SHOW PARTY FOR NEIL YOUNG @ MSG LAST WEEK & SPOKE WITH STONES PEOPLE INSIDE THE REAL "STONES CAMP" & WITHOUT MENTIONING NAMES, I WAS INFORMED THE TOUR WILL START IN JANUARY 2010 & IT WILL BE AN ARENA TOUR!!

I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT STARTS BUT IT WILL GREAT TO SEE THE STONES IN WINTER MONTHS!

THE TOUR WILL INCLUDE RONNIE WOOD WHO WILL BE TOURING WITH ROD STEWART & THE FACES IN 2009

NOW I MUST SAVE UP SOME MONEY TO TRAVEL THE WORLD AGAIN WITH THE BOYS,
BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S THE LAST TOUR!!

ONLY 13 MONTHS TO GO!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! >grinning smiley<

Re: THE NEXT TOUR STARTS JANUARY 2010 - YES, REALLY!!!!
Posted by: Mr.Ed ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:12

Yeah, and the comic duo Santa Claus & Sinterklaas will be the support act....

Hoooooo Hooooooo, Maerry Christmas folks.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:15

If you want people to take this seriously, perhaps you could have picked a different screen name...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 09:16 by ryanpow.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:19

nevermind, not worth the comment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 09:20 by BluzDude.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:36

ryanpow
If you want people to take this seriously, perhaps you could have picked a different screen name...

good one ryan

p

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: December 25, 2008 09:44

Yeah, really? Merry @#$%&' Christmas

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: December 25, 2008 11:40

Too much aquavita and x-mas beer I suppose.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 25, 2008 13:44

Yeah, Dream on..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: December 25, 2008 13:50

Well, an arena would make sense because they won't fill any stadium..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 13:50 by Rik.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 25, 2008 13:51

DREAMTIME
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!

I WAS AT THE VIP AFTER SHOW PARTY FOR NEIL YOUNG @ MSG LAST WEEK & SPOKE WITH STONES PEOPLE INSIDE THE REAL "STONES CAMP" & WITHOUT MENTIONING NAMES, I WAS INFORMED THE TOUR WILL START IN JANUARY 2010 & IT WILL BE AN ARENA TOUR!!

I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT STARTS BUT IT WILL GREAT TO SEE THE STONES IN WINTER MONTHS!

THE TOUR WILL INCLUDE RONNIE WOOD WHO WILL BE TOURING WITH ROD STEWART & THE FACES IN 2009

NOW I MUST SAVE UP SOME MONEY TO TRAVEL THE WORLD AGAIN WITH THE BOYS,
BECAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT'S THE LAST TOUR!!

ONLY 13 MONTHS TO GO!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! >grinning smiley<

Thanks for this. One to bear in mind, and as time goes on, perhaps the odd snippet of further information will materialize, which may - or may not - serve to substantiate what you say.

I once had a strip torn off me back in March 2005, when following the Ronnie Wood and Fiends gig in London on 13th March ....

[www.iorr.org]

.... there appeared an article in the Independent newspaper saying that Mick and Ronnie had chatted backstage and agreed the Stones should hit the road as of the fall that year. No sooner than I posted the article on IORR, I got a barrage of abuse similar to what you're getting here.

[www.iorr.org]

As if I f***ing cared, because guess who had the last laugh - especially when the three year ABB tour duly kicked off in the fall of that year - EXACTLY as the article had suggested it might ?

So speaking as a Stones fan, personally - I hope what you say turns out to be true, and I'll take it at face value.

Happy Xmas to ya.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 14:34 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: December 25, 2008 14:09

The stones are done... last night I took a look at Shine A Light again. What a terrible experience that was musically. They are not worth the money anymore. Come on a 67 yearold Jagger jumping around and singing? Ridiculous... If they go back out they need transform themselves... more musicianship less posing and bullshit. And stop stealing our money Mick... you @#$%&.

Date: December 25, 2008 14:24

Loudei
The stones are done... last night I took a look at Shine A Light again. What a terrible experience that was musically. They are not worth the money anymore. Come on a 67 yearold Jagger jumping around and singing? Ridiculous... If they go back out they need transform themselves... more musicianship less posing and bullshit. And stop stealing our money Mick... you @#$%&.

<<< What a terrible experience that was musically >>>

Bollocks

<<< They are not worth the money anymore >>>

Anything on this planet is worth no more or no less than what someone's prepared to pay for it

<<< Come on a 67 year old Jagger jumping around and singing? Ridiculous ... >>>

Still perfectly credible, maybe just a little less jumping around, but if he were to do that, it would only be a perfectly natural "scaling down" of his stage act as a function of age.

<<< If they go back out they need to transform themselves >>>

I think they need to scale down ... nothing more

<<< more musicianship, less posing and bullshit >>>

Part of scaling down I think, less focus on theatrics and stage and that "huge" Rolling Stones presence, and more on the delivery of those absoulutely priceless songs that we all adore

<<< And stop stealing our money Mick ... you @#$%& >>>

Got any other stupid comments ? You don't like it, then don't go. He ain't stealing anything.

Date: December 25, 2008 14:59

paulywaul
Loudei

Part of scaling down I think, less focus on theatrics and stage and that "huge" Rolling Stones presence, and more on the delivery of those absoulutely priceless songs that we all adore

Got any other stupid comments ? You don't like it, then don't go. He ain't stealing anything.

Yeah I have a stupid comment, wait stupid questions for you ... How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play? Have you seen the movie? You call that playing in a "scaled down" show? Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-25 16:26 by Loudei.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 25, 2008 15:53

they dont start tours at that time of year, more like late summer or fall

Date: December 25, 2008 17:04

Loudei
paulywaul
Loudei

Yeah I have a stupid comment, wait stupid questions for you ... How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play? Have you seen the movie? You call that playing in a "scaled down" show? Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype?

<<< How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play ? >>>

Can't play ? You are f***ing joking I hope. Can't play like perhaps he once upon a time did ... I'd have no argument with that. But "can't play" per se ? F*** off !

<<< Have you seen the movie ? >>> Yeah, of course. I was actually in the building at the time it was being filmed !!!

<<< You call that playing in a "scaled down" show ? >>>

I call it the Rolling Stones in 2006. What the hell do you call it ?

<<< Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype ? >>>

Enlighten me, precisely what hype is this that I'm difficulty hearing past ?

Chill out will you, it's Xmas day ? Have a glass of wine and put some vinyl on nice n' loud, preferably not some by the Rolling Stones ...... it might offend you ! All that atrocious musicanship - yuk ! How could you bear it ?

Date: December 25, 2008 17:07

melillo
they dont start tours at that time of year, more like late summer or fall

True historically, but if they were to break out of the mould ... I'd be there. You ?

Date: December 25, 2008 17:14

paulywaul
Loudei
paulywaul
Loudei

<<< How are they gonna scale down if Keith can't play ? >>>

Can't play ? You are f***ing joking I hope. Can't play like perhaps he once upon a time did ... I'd have no argument with that. But "can't play" per se ? F*** off !

<<< Have you seen the movie ? >>> Yeah, of course. I was actually in the building at the time it was being filmed !!!

<<< You call that playing in a "scaled down" show ? >>>

I call it the Rolling Stones in 2006. What the hell do you call it ?

<<< Or you are such a fanatic that you can't hear past the hype ? >>>

Enlighten me, precisely what hype is this that I'm difficulty hearing past ?

Chill out will you, it's Xmas day ? Have a glass of wine and put some vinyl on nice n' loud, preferably not some by the Rolling Stones ...... it might offend you ! All that atrocious musicanship - yuk ! How could you bear it ?

I probably love the Stones music more than anybody, thats why I will prefer the band to hang it up and respect that music. I know is har dto accept facts... You are in denial, it;s ok.... I really wish it did it for me, I could feel that Stonish Rush... but I am a guitar player, I have ears and Shine A Light just Sucks...it could have been directed by Steven Spielberg, Kubrick or Paul Thomas Andersen.... I dont go to shows or watch their DVD to see Keith be cool on stage... am in it for the music. Actually am listening to Dirty Work at the moment and have John Lee Hooker qued up next... so F.U too >grinning smiley<

Date: December 25, 2008 17:15

of course i would, hey i hope it is true to be honest with you

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 25, 2008 17:23

cheers, larry

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 25, 2008 17:51

melillo
they d

ont start tours at that time of year, more like late summer or fall

They started the No Security tour at this time.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 25, 2008 17:59

if this is really true it bothers me a bit that these news deal with a new tour and not with exciting new recording projects which could justify a new tour.

hope it does not mean that a new album will be again just a byproduct, just done to give a new tour a name - like BB, when after a few shows new material was relegated to an absolute minimum and the show went its usual way: fireworks, big stage production, and a heavy dose of greatest hits with only the occasional deep cut thrown in like Sway or As Tears Go By.

Date: December 25, 2008 18:01

alimente
if this is really true it bothers me a bit that these news deal with a new tour and not with exciting new recording projects which could justify a new tour.

hope it does not mean that a new album will be again just a byproduct, just done to give a new tour a name - like BB, when after a few shows new material was relegated to an absolute minimum and the show went its usual way: fireworks, big stage production, and a heavy dose of greatest hits with only the occasional deep cut thrown in like Sway or As Tears Go By.

Could not agree more.

Date: December 25, 2008 18:04

I highly doubt it. Keith simply cannot play and Ronnie can hardly carry the band. Mick is great shape, of course. But rocking and rolling near 70? Leave it to the lyp-synchers, grandads!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 25, 2008 18:10

True. But that was sort of a hangover from Bridges, which led back into Bridges anyway. Plus they were "promoting" the new album at that time.

Hey - just like with the reissues with bonus material from Universal - we won't know anything until something official is said or happens. So far it's been nothing. I find it highly unlikely that this arena tour in January of 10 will happen but that's just me.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 25, 2008 18:42

GOOD... now I know what to give and ask for next xmas.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 25, 2008 19:20

Thats WAY to long off!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 25, 2008 20:06

I'll believe it when i see it.
Not saying it's not accurate info....just saying a lot could happen
between now and 2010....a space odyssey etc.. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 25, 2008 20:06

The Menace of Mayfair
I highly doubt it. Keith simply cannot play and Ronnie can hardly carry the band. Mick is great shape, of course. But rocking and rolling near 70? Leave it to the lyp-synchers, grandads!

93!!! and he's rocking!

Date: December 25, 2008 20:21

I think he plays better than Keith

Date: December 25, 2008 20:27

yeah but the no security tour was just a filler tour until they continued the postponed euro btb tour,if it werent for that the no security tour would not have happened

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2123
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home