Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Lou Reed to re-release "worst album of all time"
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2010 19:42

DandelionPowderman
<They deserve all they get. Morons.>

LOL! Guess I did. But in all fairness, I got an offer of remarkably cheap Lou Reed-tickets, and someone "forgot" to mention the MMM-stuff smiling smiley

I had three days or so to get rid off the tickets, but decided to go after all. Never heard the record, but read me up on the story of the album, and gave it a shot. Went in openminded. Went out horrified, and imo, entitled to be as well drinking smiley

In your circumstances, thats fair enough. At least you were unfamiliar with the record and all the flak about it. Whilst I can imagine most concert attendees have never heard MMM, I'd have imagined that most people who would go to the trouble of paying full price tickets for a Lou Reed show where it was promoted as MMM would at least have been aware of the story behind it.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: May 6, 2010 01:45

They ought to put P.T. Barnum on the one dollar bill. P.T. Barnum is the patron saint of the United States. American life -- politics, the arts, business -- is full of P.T. Barnums. In fact, you could argue that to succeed in America in any field, you need at least a modicum of P.T. Barnum in your blood.

Lou Reed is the P.T. Barnum of rock and roll. A complete phony from NY who soft-shoed his way into the hearts and minds of gullible rock fans who think that creep is cool.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 6, 2010 01:57

It looks like something for the Lou Reed fans among us.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 6, 2010 02:09

It was listening to Lou when I was in college that made me want to take the Long Island Railroad into Manhattan and do bad things.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 6, 2010 03:28

"do bad things"

Tell us! I want the gory details! grinning smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 6, 2010 05:19

Pietro
They ought to put P.T. Barnum on the one dollar bill. P.T. Barnum is the patron saint of the United States. American life -- politics, the arts, business -- is full of P.T. Barnums. In fact, you could argue that to succeed in America in any field, you need at least a modicum of P.T. Barnum in your blood.

Lou Reed is the P.T. Barnum of rock and roll. A complete phony from NY who soft-shoed his way into the hearts and minds of gullible rock fans who think that creep is cool.

Oh cool now I know the genesis for Iggy's album The Idiot. Thanks!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: May 6, 2010 06:55

Pietro

For those who aren't aware, one of the famous P.T. Barnum quotes is, "There's a sucker born every minute."

My feeling about MMM is that those who actually listen to the whole thing and pretend to like it are those in the story who believed in the Emperor's New Clothes.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: May 6, 2010 07:07

Maybe not the whole thing, but it's OK in five minute blocks!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 6, 2010 12:23

baxlap
Maybe not the whole thing, but it's OK in five minute blocks!

That's how I've managed to listen to it ...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 6, 2010 13:21

loog droog
My feeling about MMM is that those who actually listen to the whole thing and pretend to like it are those in the story who believed in the Emperor's New Clothes.

So what you're saying is, you don't like it. Therefore anyone else that claims they do must be lying because you cant comprehend someone might like something different to you ?

Fair enough I suppose. I have the same feelings about Clapton/McCartney/Dire Straits and all kinds of dad rock shit

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 6, 2010 16:07

dcba
"do bad things"

Tell us! I want the gory details! grinning smiley

Well, I do have one memory of having to beg the train conductor, with tears in my eyes, to please let me ride back home to Long Island for free because I had somehow become separated from all of my money. And he did, too. Nice guy. Maybe he'd been there and done that himself back in the day.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: May 6, 2010 16:49

andy js
loog droog

So what you're saying is, you don't like it. Therefore anyone else that claims they do must be lying because you cant comprehend someone might like something different to you ?

Fair enough I suppose. I have the same feelings about Clapton/McCartney/Dire Straits and all kinds of dad rock shit

CLASSIC!grinning smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 6, 2010 17:02

Could be used as background music to ECT treatment or other therapies.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 9, 2010 05:30

THE AUSTRALIAN ................. 8 May 2010

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 9, 2010 11:23

Pietro

don't know where YOU"RE from but i'm guessin' they have some kinda healing lotion for whatever thorny thing is up your wildly unevolved coolo.

"despite all the amputations you know you could just go out and dance to the rock and roll station..."

pietro turn it up.

"...and baby it was alright it was alright hey here she comes now...
...and it was alright listen to me now it was alright come on now listen it was alright it was alright it was alright..."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-09 11:25 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 9, 2010 17:47

I don't recall Lou Reed releasing Their Satanic Majesties Request. Learn something everyday.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home