Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
The Stones in Cannes France to promote Exile
Posted by: Yazid Manou ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:12

I just heard on FIP radio the all band will be in Cannes to present their new documentary promoting "Exile On Main Street".

YM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 20:31 by bv.

Re: The Stones in France !
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:14

......all the band as in Mick, Keith, Charlie, Mick T and Bill?

Date: April 20, 2010 15:18

Rip This
They just said all the band !

YM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 15:19 by Yazid Manou.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:18

When is the Cannes Festival? I wanna see The Stones.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 20, 2010 15:20

JumpingKentFlash
When is the Cannes Festival?

From 12 to 23 may 2010

YM

Posted by: Sohoe ()

^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 15:20 by Sohoe.

Posted by: Beast ()

Maybe the screening will coincide with the EOMS release date of 17 May!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:22

I found this:

Special Screenings will include two documentaries: "Boxing Gym" from American director Frederick Wiseman and U.K. helmer Stephen Kijak's "Stones in Exile" about the making of Rolling Stones' 1972 album "Exile on Main St." Kijak's "Exile" will air stateside on the USA Network and in the U.K. on BBC.

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Date: April 20, 2010 15:23

Rip This

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood. The info came from AFP (France Press Agency).

YM

Posted by: andrew9148 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:27

Why would Ron be there? nothing to do with him. Maybe just the main three? or just Mick and Keith

Date: April 20, 2010 15:44

via Google translator
[www.lesechos.fr]

The Rolling Stones will be in Cannes during the festival to present "Stones in Exile," Stephen Kijak's documentary on the legendary recording of their album "Exile on Main Street" (1972), announced Tuesday the organizers of the AFP Fortnight.

Presented in a special section of the parallel, "Stones in Exile", which will be presented on the Croisette in a world premiere, was co-produced by Mick Jagger. The theatrical release is not yet scheduled.

If the Rolling Stones have confirmed their presence in full force (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood) in Cannes, there is no filter on their intentions fans (and organizers) secretly hope they will follow the example U2 in 2007 who played 20 minutes during a memorable set on the steps of the Palais des Festivals.

The presentation of this documentary, one of the highlights secured the 63rd edition of the Festival will coincide with the May 17 edition of "Exile on main street" (Universal) remastered and with ten new tracks.

Considered one of the best albums in rock history, this double-album influenced by social and political instability in the late 60s music is steeped in American rock, blues, gospel, soul.

It was recorded several times in Olympic Studios in London, the manor of Keith Richards in France and Los Angeles in a chaotic atmosphere while the band was bathed in an atmosphere "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll".

The album was well attended by staff, including Dr. John, Billy Preston, the pianist Nicky Hopkins and Mick Taylor, the guitarist who replaced Brian Jones in the band shortly before his death in 1969.

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 20, 2010 15:47

Great place to announce a new tour!winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 15:47 by barbabang.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: April 20, 2010 16:14

Ronnie would be there because he is an official Rolling Stone who would most likely since they finally allowed him to be a full member recieve some royalties from the project.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: April 20, 2010 16:21

They should invite Taylor and Wyman, shouldnt they?

great promotional idea to debut it THERE!

Date: April 20, 2010 16:22

Yes I think MT and Wyman should be invited. I'd love to see them all do a few shows together that would be awesome!

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: April 20, 2010 16:37

slew
Yes I think MT and Wyman should be invited. I'd love to see them all do a few shows together that would be awesome!

Unless they had extensive rehearsals, it would be a train wreck! It's 35 years since Mick Taylor was a member and about 20 years since Bill Wyman sharted a stage with them. Regardless of levels of musicianship, bands still need to rehearse and it would not be reasonable to expect a group of musicians to recreate their past glories without adequate preparation. I would also observe that the band arrangements of classic tracks has evolved over the intervening years, so they wouldn't sound like they did in the early seventies even with the two former members playing with them. Yes, it's nice to fantasise, but I'm afraid that the reality would be a big let down after so many years.

Date: April 20, 2010 17:06

teleblaster - You are probably right.

Posted by: bigtyke66 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 17:29

Mick Taylor is supposed to be touring the US in early mid-May when the new EOMS is released

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 18:08 by bigtyke66.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 20, 2010 17:29

teleblaster
slew

Unless they had extensive rehearsals, it would be a train wreck! It's 35 years since Mick Taylor was a member and about 20 years since Bill Wyman sharted a stage with them. Regardless of levels of musicianship, bands still need to rehearse and it would not be reasonable to expect a group of musicians to recreate their past glories without adequate preparation. I would also observe that the band arrangements of classic tracks has evolved over the intervening years, so they wouldn't sound like they did in the early seventies even with the two former members playing with them. Yes, it's nice to fantasise, but I'm afraid that the reality would be a big let down after so many years.

i think mick t. and bill would be the two withe the least problems doing that. even without rehearsing. they are pros in what they do! keith would need to practice ALOT!

Date: April 20, 2010 17:31

>>they are pros in what they do! keith would need to practice ALOT!<<

so Keith is the amateur? interesting^^

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 20, 2010 17:35

[www.iorr.org]

A documentary about the Rolling Stones could be introduced at the "Quinzaine des réalisateurs du festival de Cannes 2010" but it wouldn't be the famous & mythical @#$%& Blues .

No hotel rooms available for booking in Cannes ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: April 20, 2010 18:00

Check it here :

[festivaldecannes.canalblog.com]

Stones In Exile will be worlwide première pre screening

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:04

Since the Exile line up of Mick/Keith/Charlie/Bill/Mick T is very much alive, it would be a travesty (as well as a missed opportunity) if all of them did not appear. Doesn't mean Ronnie has to stay home, but this is Exile, after all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-20 18:05 by 71Tele.

Date: April 20, 2010 18:05

JumpingKentFlash
When is the Cannes Festival? I wanna see The Stones.

May 12-23.

I intended to stay in Marseille from the 13th to the 16th but Marseille /Cannes is about 100 miles apart ...confused smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:18

open-g
>>they are pros in what they do! keith would need to practice ALOT!<<

so Keith is the amateur? interesting^^

ah...thats not how i ment it. keith is the greatest. but concerning this topic, yeah i'm pretty shure i'm right. mick t. and bill belong to a different type of musicians. and regarding the last tour, where keith often knew jack shit of what he had to play...yes i guess i'm right!

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:33

Let's leave Mick T and Bill out of things. That would be awkward at best, not to mention confusing to the casual fan.

Date: April 20, 2010 19:00

Carnaby
Let's leave Mick T and Bill out of things. That would be awkward at best, not to mention confusing to the casual fan.

I forgot that most of you her can't read French ...

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts et Ron Wood
No translation needed for this one .

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:08

Bizarre....Ronnie´s going to promote something he never participated at,beside the fact
he played some tracks of the original album live from 1975 - 2007
....whereas as far as I know he didn´t conribute at all at the outtakes
...whereas Mick Taylor....

But Ronnie´s still a member of the Rolling Stones,isn´t he ?

confused smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:22

Accomodation should be a bit difficult to find at such short notice during the festival.

They might have to sleep on the sofa(s) at Bill's house in St. Paul de Vence, in which case it would be rude not to take him along too.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:23

But on the bright side, just perhaps it suggests they will be playing 2 or 3 songs (no doubt including Tumbling Dice, yawn) otherwise why would Ron be there?

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home