Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

All Down The Line (Alternate Take)... Seems like we're getting a new digital single May 10th!!!
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 19, 2010 23:57

Re: All Down The Line (Alternate Take)... Seems like we're getting a new digital single May 10th!!!
Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: April 20, 2010 01:39

It's probably either the acoustic version or the 45 single mix from 1972.

Both are available in excellent quality on JWB's Unsurpassed Masters.
My hope is that it is some alternate take that we've never heard before (preferably without new Jagger vocalssmiling smiley).

Both:

Re: All Down The Line (Alternate Take)... Seems like we're getting a new digital single May 10th!!!
Date: April 20, 2010 01:51

never heard that single mix of ADTL before, very nice, i think i like it even better than the EOMS mix, the piano is more prominent and sounds like more stereo separation as well.

thanks for posting that!

always enjoyed the acoustic version, even this sounds a bit different from the take I have on the Tropical Disease boot, better sound quality.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:21

>>the piano is more prominent and sounds like more stereo separation as well.<<

funny you say that because you're listening to a mono version. winking smiley

actually mono is harder to mix as the separation needs to be achieved through careful EQ-ing - otherwise it's easy to end up with one monolithic, mushy audio-spectrum.

its a good mix - I like it very much and there's a lot to re-discover.

Date: April 20, 2010 02:27

open-g
>>the piano is more prominent and sounds like more stereo separation as well.<<

funny you say that because you're listening to a mono version. winking smiley

that's what i get for listening to it on a laptop! winking smiley

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 07:57

here's a merge i did to create a stereo mix

[www.mediafire.com]

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:46

Cool. My favourite track off the album. It's much easier to grab the single off iTunes than it is to go to the trouble of buying the Japanese deluxe Exile set.

Posted by: martinw ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:16

There's a brief preview available on Amazon - it's a completely new version to me, not the b-side or any other I've heard on bootleg. Sounds like an early electric version. Anyone else heard it before?

Posted by: thamasterrr18 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:31

martinw
There's a brief preview available on Amazon - it's a completely new version to me, not the b-side or any other I've heard on bootleg. Sounds like an early electric version. Anyone else heard it before?

link?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:39

Great raw version.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:42

yeah, just found it myself! awesome smiling smiley

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:43

it's going to be out on 3rd May

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:48

That's great!

Sounds like an electric run through of the early acoustic version

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: April 20, 2010 18:54

Wouldn't it be great if we get another VINYL single? ... I'd love to couple it with PMS!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:00

i want it on a CD!!!! it's so sad to see the future of music....downloads...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:22

great stuff. We want more!

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: April 20, 2010 19:37

Finally a pure Exile recording!smileys with beer

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 21:28

sounds like it could be from the same session as travelin' man

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 20, 2010 21:33

kissinc***incannes
never heard that single mix of ADTL before, very nice, i think i like it even better than the EOMS mix, the piano is more prominent and sounds like more stereo separation as well.

thanks for posting that!

always enjoyed the acoustic version, even this sounds a bit different from the take I have on the Tropical Disease boot, better sound quality.

It is on the Black Box 4 cd set that I have. Great version I agree, one of my favorites.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 20, 2010 22:22

Dang! That outtake snippet on Amazon sounds cool!
But let me complain a little! I want the darned song on a vinyl 45 or on the Exile outtakes disc! Just an mp3 is a little lame for such a gem.

The single mix sounds better than I remembered too. I like it better than the LP version. They should certainly have put this mix on the back of Plundered My Soul. What were they thinking when they used the common Exile mix...

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 20, 2010 22:40

Very cool. So we get 11 new(ish) tracks then? Hell, that is basically a new album. I am surprised with all the bootleg material from these sessions I have amassed over the years that I have never heard this outtake before. That's a good thing.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 20, 2010 23:17

The main thing I noticed on the ALT version sample above is you can clearly tell Jagger's vocal is from the EXILE era.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:17

hockenheim95
i want it on a CD!!!! it's so sad to see the future of music....downloads...

very convenient as a mirror only

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:19

LieB
I want the darned song on a vinyl 45 or on the Exile outtakes disc!
Buy the Japanese version...

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:35

Is this not an overdubbed (at some point) version of the acoustic demo with the original vocal?

Date: April 21, 2010 06:46

OK - listened again and this is similar but not the same as the acoustic demo. Don Was had told me there were going to be eleven tracks. I think this is the eleventh. I also extrapolate from this that one of the other ten was the instrumental"Scarlet", most likely "Following the River", since he said that "Scarlet" was included as one of the eleven. Alternatively, I guess it could be "Plundered My Soul", since he said the track was like a hit single.

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: April 21, 2010 06:57

TeddyB1018
OK - listened again and this is similar but not the same as the acoustic demo. Don Was had told me there were going to be eleven tracks. I think this is the eleventh. I also extrapolate from this that one of the other ten was the instrumental"Scarlet", most likely "Following the River", since he said that "Scarlet" was included as one of the eleven. Alternatively, I guess it could be "Plundered My Soul", since he said the track was like a hit single.

I'm pretty sure Scarlet is actually Title 5. They're both instrumentals and Title 5 was nowhere to be found on the early lists of the bonus disc (but Scarlet was).

Date: April 21, 2010 07:14

RSbestbandever
kissinc***incannes

thanks for posting that!

It is on the Black Box 4 cd set that I have. Great version I agree, one of my favorites.

No, I believe it a completely different take. The one on Black Box 4CD is an early mix of the album version.

Date: April 21, 2010 07:14

akgameboy
TeddyB1018

I'm pretty sure Scarlet is actually Title 5. They're both instrumentals and Title 5 was nowhere to be found on the early lists of the bonus disc (but Scarlet was).

You might well be right. Don didn't mention any Title 5 to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home