Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Let It Bleed outtakes - the rest of the tracks
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 24, 2008 14:03

Anyone out there ever heard outtakes for the rest of Let It Bleed? We've had Gimme Shelter with Keith singing and various different versions, You Got The Silver with Mick singing, a version of Country Honk without the street car sounds. Plus all the songs left off the album such as I Don't Know Why, I'm Going Down, Jiving Sister Fanny.
But to my knowledge nothing has ever turned up for Midnight Rambler, Monkey Man, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Love In Vain, Let It Bleed and Live With Me. Anyone know what that is?

Re: Let It Bleed outtakes - the rest of the tracks
Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 24, 2008 15:02

I would love to hear a Midnight Rambler outtake. The other versions of Gimme Shelter still have the same backing tracks - would be good to hear different takes of the backing tracks.

They should have included I Don't Know Why on LIB...great track.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 24, 2008 15:41

"The Boudoir Stomp," the opening track on JAMMING WITH EDWARD sounds like it is an embryonic "Midnight Rambler."

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: December 24, 2008 16:26

Nico Zentgraf mentions an early and instrumental version of Monkey Man that would be known
as Positano Grande.

And Positano I think would be the place in Italy where Mick says Keith and he wrote Midnight Rambler.

And about Boudoir Stomp, yes, I always had the impression it was some kind of study that
eventually led to Midnight Rambler, though it could be the other way around. There are supposed
to be recordings of Midnight Rambler from february and march, whereas the Jamming with Edward
session was in may 1969.

But I was not there, so I can not testify. I've no recordings to witness.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 24, 2008 17:01

what's pretty confusing is that LIB/Sticky/Exile outtakes would make one compilation cause all of them were at least composed approx. at the same time... Loving Cup would be on Let It Bleed as well as on Exile.

Posted by: therollingmanu ()
Date: December 24, 2008 22:25

Amused
what's pretty confusing is that LIB/Sticky/Exile outtakes would make one compilation cause all of them were at least composed approx. at the same time... Loving Cup would be on Let It Bleed as well as on Exile.

True. Same goes for Sister Morphine. I once read that YCAGWYW was already tried during the Satanic Majesties sessions. Anyone know more about that?

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 25, 2008 00:47

marcovandereijk
Nico Zentgraf mentions an early and instrumental version of Monkey Man that would be known
as Positano Grande.

And Positano I think would be the place in Italy where Mick says Keith and he wrote Midnight Rambler.

And about Boudoir Stomp, yes, I always had the impression it was some kind of study that
eventually led to Midnight Rambler, though it could be the other way around. There are supposed
to be recordings of Midnight Rambler from february and march, whereas the Jamming with Edward
session was in may 1969.

But I was not there, so I can not testify. I've no recordings to witness.

Moreover Keith does not appear on "Jamming With Edward." Could be the others were playing off it but methinks 'Ramber is a Keith song.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 26, 2008 20:24

I have many bootlegs but very little on Let It Bleed. Hopefully Cool Hand at Sister Morphine will find something and do what they did for Beggar's Banquet. I have outtakes for almost all of the Banquet most sound better than the released versions especially Parachute Woman.

Date: December 27, 2008 09:19

Have the Beggars outtakes been posted on this site? Would love to have them.

Date: December 27, 2008 19:42

Silver Dagger - I am new here how do I go about posting the Beggars outtakes? I'd gladly put them out there for you.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:00

would love to hear some monkey man rough cuts, or the rumored 69 tour rehearsal version from steven stills basement

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 28, 2008 03:15

The Beggars outs are superb! I like Stray Cat Blues better than the released version.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 28, 2008 08:44

And about Boudoir Stomp,

john lee hooker "want ad blues"

Date: January 2, 2009 04:37

I like most of the Beggar's outakes better than the official release especially Parachute Woman.

Date: January 2, 2009 09:52

Hi Slew,
I'm not up on the uploading process myself. If you post something on the Hot Stuff page and ask how its done someone I'm sure will explain. Can't wait to hear them. Many thanks.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 2, 2009 12:35

Several Beggars outtakes have already been posted, here's a couple from edmund that still seem to be up

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

You might want to browse this list for more, many are still available

[www.iorr.org]

Date: January 2, 2009 13:49

Many thanks vox. I got most of the stuff on there I believe. Will check it out when I get home tonight. It's stuff like Jigsaw Puzzle, Prodigal Son, Parachute Woman and Salt Of The Earth that was hopinmg to find. I guess there are no alt version of these tracks.

Date: January 2, 2009 14:43

Dagger, I THINK there are versions of "Jigsaw" on the Satanic 8 disc outtake set. And on the Satanic set you really get the hard working takes.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: January 3, 2009 01:36

i've read that on some acetates of let it bleed there is an alternate mix of midnight rambler but this has yet to appear in bootleg circles

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home