Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: M. TAYLOR's Contribution To PMS : Old or New ?
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 27, 2010 15:14

>> the vocal toward the end IS Keith, right? <<

... on Plundered My Soul?? nope, Keith's not singing on it

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2010 15:20

you just have to listen with your ears . if you know the stones ,then your ears do not lie .jagger cannot lay a groove down like that .that is only keith .

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: April 27, 2010 15:30

Could the acoustic guitar be MICK?
It's simply strummed ... doesn't seem to have any Keith-like flourishes / incidental notes, like Keith might have played in the breakdown of the chorus.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: April 27, 2010 15:53

saulsurvivor
For what it's worth, (insert snarky comment here) in this months Guitar World interview, Keith says that MT didn't contribute anything new to any of the bonus tracks.

Intresting, would you be able to post his comments here? Perhaps it would clear up this debate.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 27, 2010 16:43

Ket
saulsurvivor
For what it's worth, (insert snarky comment here) in this months Guitar World interview, Keith says that MT didn't contribute anything new to any of the bonus tracks.

Intresting, would you be able to post his comments here? Perhaps it would clear up this debate.

If any source is unreliable then it's the Glimmers themselves. Keith telling us not to believe a word Mick J. says and Mick J. whose memory isn't that good anymore (must be his age). But I rather would believe Mick than Keith when it comes to who's playing what on guitar.

Anyway, I believe what A. said. To me the rhythm on PMS doesn't sound 'typically' Keith. And the lead sounds brand new to me (whatever you think of it). Anyway, judging by your ears only is a subjective matter. I don't have any reason to believe the ears of another person more than my own, whereas I don't pretend that my ears tell the truth. But I do trust them a lot myself.

Date: April 27, 2010 16:53

kleermaker
Ket
saulsurvivor

But I rather would believe Mick than Keith when it comes to who's playing what on guitar.

Has Mick J.stated that Mick Taylor played on any new overdubs?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 27, 2010 17:11

Ket
kleermaker
Ket
saulsurvivor

But I rather would believe Mick than Keith when it comes to who's playing what on guitar.

Not that I'm aware of. But he and his friend Was haven't denied it either (yet). That's the reason why I carefully said "I rather would believe Mick J.", which isn't the same as simply "I believe Mick J.". In fact it means that even if Mick J. denies new overdubs by MT I'll have my doubts. I started my former post with the key remark: "If any source is unreliable then it's the Glimmers themselves."

Date: April 27, 2010 17:18

kleermaker
Ket
kleermaker
Ket
saulsurvivor

Not that I'm aware of. But he and his friend Was haven't denied it either (yet). That's the reason why I carefully said "I rather would believe Mick J.", which isn't the same as simply "I believe Mick J.". In fact it means that even if Mick J. denies new overdubs by MT I'll have my doubts. I started my former post with the key remark: "If any source is unreliable then it's the Glimmers themselves."

well I think both Mick and Keith would be be put in an awkward situation if they stated publicly that Taylor did not perform any new overdubs if he in fact did.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 27, 2010 17:19

Keith stated that he added some acoustic guitar. Hence why I think the acoustic on Plundered might be Keith, whether it's typical sounding or not is moot. Why would one assume that it HAS to sound like something Keith would play when the man is capable of playing acoustic in many ways?

Then again, it may have been Jagger. Or even Taylor.

Maybe it's actually Ronnie Wood. I'm sure he'll invent some fact that he snuck in to record secretly on the Exile sessions while the Stones were bombed out of their minds and it was so good no one noticed.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 27, 2010 23:01

I've just listened to all new tracks, and upon first couple of listens it is all vintage '70's Stones with only Jagger adding the overdubs -acoustics, percussion, vocals. No Richards overdubs, no Taylor overdubs.

Mathijs
Ps Following the River sounds like a Voodoo Lounge outtake....I wonder....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 27, 2010 23:17

How did you listen to all the new tracks? Of course, aside from saying "I played them". You have an advance copy? Or...something of that sort?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 27, 2010 23:39

skipstone
How did you listen to all the new tracks? Of course, aside from saying "I played them". You have an advance copy? Or...something of that sort?

A friend of mine has a record shop, and he has an advanced copy. Nothing spectacular.

Mathijs

Posted by: CMan ()
Date: April 28, 2010 03:10

with sssoul
>> the vocal toward the end IS Keith, right? <<

... on Plundered My Soul?? nope, Keith's not singing on it

So (credits aside), who IS that singing near the very end, sounding very vintage Keith-ish? The part where, on the official video, they show the shot of Keith with the baseball cap and shades?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 28, 2010 12:33

>> So (credits aside), who IS that singing ... <<

this might be a better thread for your question: [www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1914
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home