Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9
Re: 30 seconds preview of Plundered My Soul on Itunes
Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: April 11, 2010 23:21

Sounds pretty good to me!

Also, without the new vocals we wouldn´t even get to hear it at all...

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 00:04

sounds awesome to me best stones song i've heard in 15 yrs. compared to a bigger bang, mick's vocals are top notch. does he sound like the jagger of 1972? hell no but to me he sounds like the jagger of the 80's and that's close enough for me. plunder our souls mick we jost got a shot of salvation.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 12, 2010 00:54

Maybe someone can photoshop a current photo of Mick into a 1972 group photo of the Stones. It might help us to wrap our minds around what we're hearing if we could visualize it a little better.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:08

I absolutely LOVE this snippet. The guitar playing gives me goosbumps as well. Very funky sounding, and Mick sounds FANTASTIC! Can't wait to hear this live with Taylor on board!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:21

tatters
Maybe someone can photoshop a current photo of Mick into a 1972 group photo of the Stones. It might help us to wrap our minds around what we're hearing if we could visualize it a little better.

Here you go..................

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:31

NICOS
tatters

ROTFL!!! Marvelous, thanks Nicos.

Drew

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:31

Does anyone know where the 7inch will be sold??

Coming Down Again

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:43

looking forward to hearing the whole track.
vocals are perhaps a touch over the top... but... love the sound. if the stones put out a modern album with this feel, i believe they could be taken very seriously again.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 12, 2010 02:15

Sounds good to me. Bring it on.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 12, 2010 02:31

curtisdavis

[www.cduniverse.com]

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 02:37

Edward Twining
mtaylor, it's not so much Jagger has to sound like he did in 72, but more like he shouldn't be passing off Plundered My Soul as an Exile outtake when his vocal in my opinion is so embarrassingly bad. The Stones will never record another half decent track again, certainly if Mick is singing, if that's the type of sound we have fronting it. Jagger is plundering new lows.

Sorry, but rubbish.

Date: April 12, 2010 02:45

tomcat2006
Edward Twining
mtaylor, it's not so much Jagger has to sound like he did in 72, but more like he shouldn't be passing off Plundered My Soul as an Exile outtake when his vocal in my opinion is so embarrassingly bad. The Stones will never record another half decent track again, certainly if Mick is singing, if that's the type of sound we have fronting it. Jagger is plundering new lows.

Sorry, but rubbish.

not only rubbish...but complete crap....according to Rolling Stone (RS 1100)

• "Following the River" is the only track that received a brand-new vocal.
• Others -- "Pass the Wine," "Plundered My Soul," "Alladin's Story" --needed additional guitar parts or other sonic improvements.

...some are just determine3d to pass off an opinion as fact. Sad.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 12, 2010 02:50

Vocals higher in the mix, but other than that sounds like Exile. Love it.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:11

Just amazing. I am very exiting.

Date: April 12, 2010 03:19

i like what i've heard of this song. but why does every jagger vocal of the last decade or so sound like it's from one of his solo albums (despite what's been written this definitely sounds like a newly recorded vocal)? i'm not sure if its the way they're mixed or that they're so out in front in the mix but it takes something away from the music. i notice it more the verses on Plundered because on the chorus he actually sounds really good and natural not so mannered and that falsetto as the chorus fades is excellent that has to be circa '72 i would think. the guitar break after he sings "misunderstood" sounds like it could be a new MT overdub but the main riff seems to be Keith probably part of the original track but then just before Mick's falsetto of the chorus a short guitar lick rises out of the mix which definitely sounds like Taylor, and part of the original track. Anyone else have thoughts on the guitar parts played?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-12 03:24 by kissinc***incannes.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:32

kissinc***incannes
i like what i've heard of this song. but why does every jagger vocal of the last decade or so sound like it's from one of his solo albums

For the same reason, I suppose, that Martin Scorcese devoted most of the camera-time in "Shine a Light" to Mick, ignoring the rest of the band. Either Mick has more power than ever to call the shots (and his ego tells him that he's the star of the show), or the producers/directors (Don Was / Martin Scorcese) don't understand the following truth:

It's not "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones". It's "the Rolling Stones". And one thing that made Exile great was that they never sounded more like a BAND.

Drew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-12 03:35 by drewmaster.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:43

Rip This
curtisdavis

[www.cduniverse.com]

You sure this is reliable? It says vinyl LP. Plus there's an error when I try to order it.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:56

I just ordered, link is working.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: April 12, 2010 04:18

Yep, it works now, I wonder if this one is pressed in Europe or USA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-12 04:18 by Hillside Blues.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 12, 2010 04:52

drewmaster
NICOS
tatters

ROTFL!!! Marvelous, thanks Nicos.

Drew

That's fantastic! Let's see more! Maybe something with the 2010 Mick and the 1972 Keith appearing to share the same microphone.

Date: April 12, 2010 04:52

One thing I am unclear about is: Jagger says he enlisted this mega fan to help him out with outtakes, and sessionography etc. So how did this produce "Plundered" "Sophia" etc?

Date: April 12, 2010 05:34

listening to the snippet of the song again, this time on headphones, it sounds like there are two lead vocal tracks, mick's recent overdubbed one and just beneath that you can hear what sounds like another vocal track lower in the mix (probably a guide vocal) which features the falsetto and then mick's new vox is pushed up in the mix above the music and that original vocal. either way it's an interesting creation or re-creation as it were.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: April 12, 2010 05:58

I might have missed an answer somewhere, but is the backing single All Down The Line the album master, the original 45rpm single or another outtake?

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: April 12, 2010 09:56

that sounds really good

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 12, 2010 10:20

I agree with Doxa: the power of Jagger's voice is actually very impressive on the snippet, but it's bad taste that's letting him down a bit. Or not exactly bad taste; but he does not manage to simply let go and sing, it sounds too controlled ("now the nasal snarly tone, now the growl").

It is very clear to me from recent studio recordings that Jagger's voice has lost nothing at all over the years; he can do more things with it, has more power, and intrinsically I like his voice more now than in 72. But it makes it only more frustrating that he does not make the best out of it. When he does, I find him exceptional: Out of control, Mean Dispositions, Out of tears... (he preserves his voice live and does not give full power, but that's a different matter).

Anyway, I think the snippet is far from being a bad Jagger. It is controled and a little forced, but great sound, fine groove, it still works. It's in a "Don't Stop"/"Keys to your love" league - and as far as singing is concerned, I like these two tracks.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: April 12, 2010 10:40

I sure do prefer the way Mick sounds here then when he's running around doing the warhorses these days. If he sings like that on the next tour rather than run around, that just might be reason to pay attention again.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 12, 2010 12:14

Sounds okay for me. Cant wait for the release.

Thanks for the amazon link.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 12, 2010 13:09

Jagger is awful bad on this snippet. Band sounds like the Stones should sound.

Date: April 12, 2010 16:43

mr edward
Jagger is awful bad on this snippet. Band sounds like the Stones should sound.

...its Jagger as he sounded and the band as it should sound circa 1972

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-12 16:43 by Rip This.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 12, 2010 17:59

>> ... according to Rolling Stone (RS 1100) "Following the River" is the only track that received a brand-new vocal <<

hm - according to Uncut, Charlie said three of the numbers did

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 6 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home