Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Greedy ABKCO
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:28

I had posted a video of the Rolling Stones playing "I am Waiting" from Ready, Steady, Go from 1966. I posted it on YouTube several months ago, and it got about 6000 hits and good reactions.

This morning I was informed by YouTube that the Stones video had been pulled because of a complaint by ABKCO, the world's greediest record company.

Re: Greedy ABKCO
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:37

Try dailymotion as a host... Or wikileaks.com if it's REALLY hot >grinning smiley<

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:38

Aftermath Deluxe? eye rolling smiley

Date: April 9, 2010 19:41

I actually got the video from Dailymotion and reposted it on YouTube. Oh well . . .I'm done with it.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 9, 2010 19:54

Think there's any relation between people listening to a song on youtube and the buying of the album it is on (of course, which one is up to the buyer)? It's not like people are 'stealing' the video - it's just 'sharing'. It's promotion, isn't it?

Date: April 9, 2010 19:59

Have you ever heard of a greedier record company than ABKCO?

Are you familiar with the case of The Verve's legal fight where AKBCO ended up taking every penny of the royalties for the supposed misuse of a riff from The Last Time? And I mean every penny. The song was called Bittersweet Symphony.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-09 20:01 by mitchflorida.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 9, 2010 20:05

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-26 15:56 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 10, 2010 13:40

It's very difficult to find any YouTube video with ABKCO-era content that doesn't vanish very quickly - I've had to replace lots of the ones I originally posted for the Tracking Cookie because the Curse of ABKCO has struck and they've been removed. I don't see the point of ABKCO being so mean about it - is anybody really going to go out and buy 12 x 5 because they've stopped you viewing Around and Around on Youtube?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 10, 2010 15:15

HMN

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 10, 2010 16:48

I think Mitch is obsessed with the Verve trip.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 10, 2010 18:31

Since ABKCO I never bought any DECCA/ABKCO record so they made there point well.

It's so so stupid to remove songs from YouTube, I can't remember I ever heard Around and Around ever on the radio...so for me it's a free commercial.

I think in the future there will be some well promoted bands/artists become famous because of YouTube

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home