Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: The Rolling Stones “Exile on Main Street Deluxe Edition”: First listen
Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: March 25, 2020 20:02

Rocky Dijon
TeddyB1018
Rocky Dijon
I could be completely wrong and Mick's lyrics and his (and Lisa and Cindy's) vocals may be the only new elements apart from the strings. The piano sounded more "new" than vintage to me which was why I questioned it. I'm not sure a mellotron was used (I rather doubt it) since David Campbell is credited on the album for strings. Same gentleman who arranged strings for "Out of Tears."

David Campbell is Beck Hansen’s dad. Matt Clifford could have processed the piano digitally, and altered the timing, making it sound less vintage and less Nicky.

Thank you. That would make sense to the alleged Matt "enhanced" the piano so Mick could find a melody to build the song on rather than the overdub I concluded the statement to mean. Didn't know that about David Campbell. Interesting.

If Following the River does stem from France, I'm guessing the piano probably did't sound that great to begin with.

The organ is uncredited, I wonder who played that.

Is that really Jagger on acoustic? I hear the electric come in ~1:17 on the right.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home