Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Mick Taylor ; Pro-Shot-Video Can't You Hear Me Knocking , Muhle Hunziken, 13 march, 2009
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 5, 2010 22:01

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-29 15:27 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Mick Taylor ; Pro-Shot-Video Can't You Hear Me Knocking , Muhle Hunziken, 13 march, 2009
Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 5, 2010 22:37

Thanks! It's good to hear his licks in proper sound quality. I'm really happy for him. Seems he's got a good band, and he looks like he's enjoying himself. Great version!

Re: Mick Taylor ; Pro-Shot-Video Can't You Hear Me Knocking , Muhle Hunziken, 13 march, 2009
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 5, 2010 22:49

is it Max Middleton on keys?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:21

With all due respect: this is god-awful.

Mathijs

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:26

Great clip... Definitely some weirdness going on early on here... but it gets better. Very much like what I saw him do 10 years ago, and yes, it looks like Max on keys.

Posted by: cinema ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:26

Amused
is it Max Middleton on keys?

Yes, this is Max Middleton. I've seen Mick Taylor and Band in Dortmund/Germany 17th March 2010, one of the very good shows!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:38

the arrangement of the song is interesting. kinda cheesy but laid back. but seriously, what the hell happened to mick? he's hitting wrong notes. bum notes. this sounds like one of those "shreds" videos on youtube. clearly his wrist and fingers are weak, he can hardly play. what's the story there? has he had a stroke?

Date: April 5, 2010 23:39

Mathijs
With all due respect: this is god-awful.

Mathijs

I'm shure one can argue that Sticky Fingers is a horrible album too...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-05 23:51 by S.T.P.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:43

bernardanderson
the arrangement of the song is interesting. kinda cheesy but laid back. but seriously, what the hell happened to mick? he's hitting wrong notes. bum notes. this sounds like one of those "shreds" videos on youtube. clearly his wrist and fingers are weak, he can hardly play. what's the story there? has he had a stroke?

Where's Lightnin' to explain? He/she has told that during the Germany gigs Taylor had an infection in his jaw, I remember. But he does make a rather good impression to me, his hair being natural grey, communicating with the band members, moving around. The last part of the piece certainly is better than the beginning is my comment after one quick listen.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:44

There is some serious weirdness early on; Mick hits a whole series of bum notes, like a collection of bum notes all at once... There is a bum-note convention, really. He seems to be too laid back, trying something new maybe, and oops, what the hell key am I in? Then just before 4 minutes, it gets a lot better. He is a bit slow it seems, like the band is tight, and he is not. Still, I like watching him play, and there are some really nice moments in the 2nd half of the clip.

Date: April 5, 2010 23:50

if this was Joe Blow on stage, people would be walking out on this. i like the bass players reaction at 1:21-1:25 mark, he's clearly embarrassed and wonders why he couldn't get a better gig.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: April 5, 2010 23:54

Many people nagging about Keith and Ronnie can't play anymore. Bringing Taylor back will certainly not be an improvement. Glad that's settled!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 6, 2010 00:00

Yuk, you can hear stuff played as equally bad for free at any local pub.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:03

I agree with you Tate and with you too, bernardanderson. That bass player seems to smile at Taylor as if he wants to encourage him. But as Tate says, we also hear some glimps of the great Taylor when he's playing real good, between 5.42 and 5.52 for instance.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:03

S.T.P

One can, but the comment is about the clip above, not Sticky Fingers.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:04

There's certainly more than one grumpy Taylor hater posting todayeye rolling smiley

Date: April 6, 2010 00:05

I agree with you Tate and with you too, bernardanderson. That bass player seems to smile at Taylor as if he wants to encourage him. But as Tate says, we also hear some glimps of the great Taylor when he's playing real good, between 5.42 and 5.52 for instance.

But those comments of audun-eg and HM are ridiculous of course.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:09

His Majesty
S.T.P

One can, but the comment is about the clip above, not Sticky Fingers.

Whatever...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 6, 2010 00:10

bernardanderson

It is hard to keep inspired playing the same songs over and over again,his guitar slightly out of tune. Could be a stroke indeed..
Maybe he just got bored but keeps on playing the game,or he is addicted to valium.
Someone needs to wake him up,he can do better.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:21

kleermaker

Not really! You are clearly being too much of a fan, not taking the clip for what it is, that being some poor guitar playing with bland backing.

Mick is clearly having an off night there and the end result is similar to many crap pub rock bands when they cover the song and get to that part.

Not to worry cos it's only slightly worse than this.

>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-06 00:24 by His Majesty.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:30

bernardanderson
if this was Joe Blow on stage, people would be walking out on this.

Exactly!

Date: April 6, 2010 00:41

His Majesty
kleermaker

Not really! You are clearly being too much of a fan, not taking the clip for what it is, that being some poor guitar playing with bland backing.

Mick is clearly having an off night there and the end result is similar to many crap pub rock bands when they cover the song and get to that part.

Not to worry cos it's only slightly worse than this.

>grinning smiley<

Maybe you were trying to be funny, but to me you were surpassing your own stupidity here. You obviously didn't read my former comment and replies to Tate's and bernardanderson's posts.

Date: April 6, 2010 00:50

kleermaker

Maybe you were trying to be funny, but to me you were surpassing your own stupidity here. You obviously didn't read my former comment and replies to Tate's and bernardanderson's posts.

Ooooh, check you! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: April 6, 2010 02:58

This is pretty terrible IMHO.

If for no other reason than Taylor's segue into "My Favorite Things" in the early portion of this -- which he also seems to butcher. He gets a bit smoother during the solo, but I'd say Ronnie's playing on this was much better in recent years.

The backing band is pretty bland, and for God's sake what is with the slow tempo!

J

Date: April 6, 2010 03:42

Taylor and Clapton should jam together:

Date: April 6, 2010 03:50

Anyway, hearing Taylor playing this piece is ten times more attractive and interesting than what I heard on that rehearsal clip of the Stones. Bad singing as well, btw. And Wood simply doesn't have it. Taylor at least shows during some moments that he has it. A bit out of tune, bump notes, some mistakes, that all doesn't really matter in music. The special moments matter. They are present on the Taylor clip but are absent on the Stones clip. Sometimes it seems I'm one of the very few here who really has any feeling for music. Guys like HM, JMARKO, audun-eg etc. don't have it. They don't understand that the 10 seconds in the Taylor clip I mentioned make up for all the 'wrong' notes. Btw.: ever heard of dissonance? When Mozart let his string quartet K 465 start with some heavy dissonances people thought he had become crazy, because that wasn't possible in music. I see the same thing in Taylor sometimes. That makes him more interesting and clarifies partly his talent to move and touch if you're able to be touched and being moved. But narrow-mindedness can stand in the way, doesn't it HM? Anyway, fan or no fan, Ron Wood does not have the capacity to move and touch by his playing. At least not with the Stones, and I doubt if he can in any other setting. If he could I would be the biggest fan of Wood.

Date: April 6, 2010 04:38

kleermaker
Sometimes it seems I'm one of the very few here who really has any feeling for music.

If you think the above is true then you are a very arrogant and delusional person. People not liking something you love does not mean they have no feeling for music.

All this constant Mozart name dropping is needless as well, it simply comes across as an attempt to impress or something.

I am very aware of and like dissonance when it is used well. The Mick Taylor clip just features crap guitar playing.

Date: April 6, 2010 04:49

kleermaker, your message makes me laugh. i'm sure all those people in the audience of that Taylor clip, especially the one lady in the front yawning, went home saying "oh wow, those 10 seconds were absolutely brilliant!!". oh wait, no they probably didn't, because they don't understand music like you do. if you understood music then maybe you'd understand that the stones clip above is a REHEARSAL as you clearly stated. maybe you don't realize that the stones are playing half-assedly? we all know the stones have gone downhill in their musicianship lately, but to claim that you feel music differently than everyone else but not realize that a rehearsal is just a rehearsal? hmm... interesting. might want to look in the mirror a little harder.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 6, 2010 13:04

what a mess
without any kind of groove

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2010 13:22

Yeah it's not so good this. He was better when I saw him in '06, and he was drunk as a skunk there. This clip is clearly from an off-night. So what? It ain't the end of the world. We all have off-nights.

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home