Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Video of Mick on weird TV show...
Posted by: deuce ()
Date: October 15, 2008 00:46

I stumbled across this video today. When was this? Doesn't seem like the typical kind of thing Mick would do. I mean, he even does a quick cricket demonstration. Looks so cheap too...howd they get Mick Jagger?

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Part 3 -

Re: Video of Mick on weird TV show...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2008 01:00

"Pass The Mic".

Think that was around 2000-2001. A Saturday morning "youth" TV show in the UK.

Christ knows how he ended up on that one. Must have been a favour to someone.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:07

maybe his youngest daughter got him to do it

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2008 05:15

I'm in pain FOR Mick...

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: October 15, 2008 06:39

Why are UK folk so unfunny?

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: October 15, 2008 10:02

This is dreadful. The presenter says the cricket whites are boring and what do we end up with 8 years later? Teams playing in their pyjamas...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: October 15, 2008 11:11

"Why are UK folk so unfunny?"

It depends where you look!

Morecombe and wise

Posted by: SimonV ()
Date: October 15, 2008 12:15

It's for promoting his solo album. He does strange things for that.

Simon
myspace.com/koningsimon

Posted by: CharliesSinger ()
Date: October 15, 2008 13:35

akgameboy
Why are UK folk so unfunny?

The UK actually invented humour.

Fact.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 15, 2008 15:57

Actually Adam invented humor when he got Eve to pull his finger.

Date: October 15, 2008 23:36

The UK invented unfunny humor.

I can't stand watching Benny Hill. Even Monty Python shows get on my nerves sometimes.
I loved This Is Spinal Tap and thought Christopher Guest was from England. But turns out he's from the US.

I watched Russel Brand interviews on youtube where UK people write comments and act like he's the messiah, or Richard Pryor, or something. The videos were horridly unfunny.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 16, 2008 00:30

Selling his album

Date: October 16, 2008 01:56

akgameboy
The UK invented unfunny humor.

I can't stand watching Benny Hill. Even Monty Python shows get on my nerves sometimes.

Wonderful. You base an argument on UK humour on two shows from the 70's. Inspired reasoning.

Date: October 16, 2008 07:08

Wonderful. You base an argument on UK humour on two shows from the 70's. Inspired reasoning.

I don't know if you know how to read because I don't know you personally. But I also brought up Russel Brand who people in UK think is hilarious.
And I'm not making an argument, I'm making an opinion.

Date: October 16, 2008 17:02

akgameboy

I don't know if you know how to read because I don't know you personally. But I also brought up Russel Brand who people in UK think is hilarious.

Most people dont, actually...

Maybe not a good example.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 16, 2008 22:56

there are some really funny shows that have come from UK,absolutly fabulous, the office,coupling,mr.bean.one of my all time favorites FAULTY TOWERS with the great JOHN CLEESE.i love monty python and benny hill .

Date: October 17, 2008 04:55

Ooooo I forgot about The Office. that show is hilarious. Ricky Gervais is pretty funny.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 17, 2008 05:08

Humor is an acquired taste, especially from a different culture or another country. Back in the day, I didn’t “get” British humor and found it very unfunny. In 1983 I went to live on a Kibbutz in Israel for 6 months, and most of the people I hung with were from the UK . It was there that I learned to appreciate and started enjoying British humor - starting with Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The problem is when you are exposed to a certain type of comedy your whole life; you can’t understand how other people don’t find it funny. At the end of the 6 month stay, us folks who were visiting as volunteers or Ulpan (learn & work program) put on a talent show of sorts for the residents of the Kibbutz. This included music and skits. My group chose to do the Monte Python “Spam” skit. I went along with it but I strongly recommended that we pick something else as the audience would not find it funny. I will never forget David Moss from Bristol turning to me and saying, “How could they not think its funny, its Monty Python’s funniest bit”? I was outnumbered so I lost the argument. We did the skit, not one person laughed and we received no applause at all. I understood this and sort of expected this reaction; my Brit buddies were all humiliated and couldn’t understand it.

One other point, I was in Trondheim , Norway when I went to a movie theater to see the film Flashdance. The film was in English with Norwegian subtitles. The crowd was laughing at parts that weren’t even funny and when I was laughing, the crowd looked at me like – who is this idiot? ...lost in translation I guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home