Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

a thought about Brian
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 11, 2008 03:03

with whom, had he lived, be musically compatible with? anyone today?
Beck comes to mind.
Brian would have been sought after as a guest sideman on a lot of recordings, no doubt.
I wonder if he would have played played reggae?

I think a Brian Jones - Steve Winwood collaboration would have worked.

just some thoughts.

Re: a thought about Brian
Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: September 11, 2008 05:24

Brian's natural versatility as a musician would have always guaranteed him work, but unless he learned to write original stuff I'm not sure he would have fared any better than Mick Taylor.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 11, 2008 05:58

Maybe a Ringo Starr type of existence?

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:10

Based on the trajectory he was on in his 20's, today he would most likely be spending his time with his forty children and 400 grandchildren.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: September 11, 2008 09:29

If he was still alive I think he would've replaced Mick Taylor in the band in '75...

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:03

He most likely would have gone through various drink/drug phases throughout the 70s and 80s, and probably come through it all not unscathed. Look at the various 'survivors' that did sort of make it, and the condition they are in.... Peter Green springs to mind, also Sly Stone. There are others. Jimmy Miller was never quite the same later in life. Sorry to be so gloomy!

But on the other hand, perhaps he might have gained a more healthy and recharged lifestyle..who knows. Shame really...I wish he had survived.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 11, 2008 13:39

Brian Eno ?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 11, 2008 14:14

I think he would either have done nothing and become more and more reclusive, or he'd have started up a kick ass band and showed the world once again just how cool a musician he was capable of being!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:17

I think it was Charlie who said he thought that Brian would have ended like many alcoholics,reclusive and just not doing very much, probably living near Kings Rd, Chelsea
With enough money (royalties) to be comfortable, i.e. not on skid row, but that's about all.
Its ironic really, Mick does say in interviews that if all the counselling/support/therapy had been available to Brian in the 60's things might have been different .
For Ronnie, though?

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 12, 2008 18:23

cbtaco19
Based on the trajectory he was on in his 20's, today he would most likely be spending his time with his forty children and 400 grandchildren.

Post of the week!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 13, 2008 03:12

Mojo, July 1999

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: September 13, 2008 03:23

Dang Charlie, thats pretty harsh.....but, maybe he IS right....

Dang, I miss BRIAN JONES.

JR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2174
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home