Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Official "Voodoo Lounge" DVD (Image Entertainment) request
Posted by: TURB0 ()
Date: March 23, 2010 21:57

I know this request might rub some the wrong way (usually myself included) since it's regarding an official release but since it's looong out of print, goes 2nd hand for ridiculous sums of money and was avaliable on DVD only briefly about 10-12 years ago I figured the band won't loose any money on it and so what the hell...

Could some kind, dear soul who has the official Image Entertainment release of the "Voodoo Lounge" DVD please seed it as a torrent on an appropriate tracker like Demonoid or The Pirate Bay, or perhaps upload it onto megaupload or rapidshare?

I've been looking for this DVD for years. I have the official VHS from back in the day but didn't get a DVD player until after it had gone OOP (like in 2001 or something) and so I missed picking up a copy. It's the only official Stones DVD that's evaded me. I recently requested this on the Rocks Off forum as well and it seems that I'm not alone in looking for this.

I've got a couple of different DVD versions of the entire pay-per-view broadcast of the 1994 Miami concert that the official release was edited together from, but all of them are from VHS rips so it would be awesome to get hold of a copy of the official DVD and enjoy it in the highest possible quality.

That's all. Any help would be MUCH appreciated! smiling smiley

Re: Official "Voodoo Lounge" DVD (Image Entertainment) request
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: March 23, 2010 22:57

...I second that.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 23, 2010 23:11

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305078882/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1269378560&sr=1-1&condition=used

$34.95 + $2.98 shipping. that doesn't seem TOO ridiculous of a price to complete your collection.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: March 23, 2010 23:12

Wasn't there also a Voodoo Lounge CD-ROM? I seem to remember my Stripped CD mentioning it...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 24, 2010 00:05

The cd-rom is cheap. The official vl dvd could be bought on rs.com some time ago i think.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 24, 2010 01:24

bernardanderson
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305078882/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1269378560&sr=1-1&condition=used

$34.95 + $2.98 shipping. that doesn't seem TOO ridiculous of a price to complete your collection.

No, but I don't live in the US and so the cheapest merchant who offer international shipping is $58.88. I've been close to shelling out some serious $$$ at times for it on Amazon and Ebay but there's another problem re some of these market place sellers (as mentioned in the reviews for the DVD at Amazon) that offer the VL DVD - some offer bootleg DVDRs and some not even the item in question. For that kinda money you sorta want to know that it's the real thing you're getting.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 24, 2010 03:23

surprised that you can't get for a reasonable price on ebay.

actually...i bought the official release back in the '90s before i even owned
a dvd player...because you never know when something will go out of print.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 24, 2010 04:31

It amazes me that so many want this. I never liked this show for some reason. The sound just didn't seem right to me. The songs were great but.....I much prefered the VHS from Giants Stadium that they sold at some shows I think and was offered on the MTV special Stones store they did during that tour. Now I miss that one as my VHS of it is long gone. I do have the official DVD you mention but have no way to offer it up. I'm sure someone does though.Have you tried the Rolling Stones Yahoo trade group?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 24, 2010 10:34

I have a DVD copy which I'm prepared to torrent if some knowledge person can confirm that VL is OOP.

Date: March 24, 2010 11:50

Father Ted
I have a DVD copy which I'm prepared to torrent if some knowledge person can confirm that VL is OOP.

Thank you very much for the offer! Well, the fact that you wont find a new copy of it in any of the established record stores and if you do a search for it on Amazon.com (basically the world's biggest record/book/DVD/you-name-it-store) you get these results:

[www.amazon.com]

...here you can see that they've stated "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer" next to all of the yielded results, and that it's only avaliable from the private Amazon market-place sellers mentioned earlier in this thread.

Date: March 24, 2010 11:56

TURB0
Father Ted

Thank you very much for the offer! Well, the fact that you wont find a new copy of it in any of the established record stores and if you do a search for it on Amazon.com (basically the world's biggest record/book/DVD/you-name-it-store) you get these results:

[www.amazon.com]

...here you can see that they've stated "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer" next to all of the yielded results, and that it's only avaliable from the private Amazon market-place sellers mentioned earlier in this thread.

OK leave it with me and I'll try and get it up somewhere tonight. I'll post back later which torrent site it's on.

Date: March 24, 2010 11:59

sweet neo con
surprised that you can't get for a reasonable price on ebay.

actually...i bought the official release back in the '90s before i even owned
a dvd player...because you never know when something will go out of print.

Yeah, I figured that since it's the biggest r&r band in the world their official stuff would be forever avaliable. Well, lesson learned... Don't have a HD TV yet, but I sure am stocking up on various Blu-Ray releases at the moment. smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2010 12:01

Father Ted
OK leave it with me and I'll try and get it up somewhere tonight. I'll post back later which torrent site it's on.

Wow - I cannot thank you enough! One love! grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2010 12:12

tumblingdice
It amazes me that so many want this. I never liked this show for some reason. The sound just didn't seem right to me. The songs were great but.....I much prefered the VHS from Giants Stadium that they sold at some shows I think and was offered on the MTV special Stones store they did during that tour. Now I miss that one as my VHS of it is long gone. I do have the official DVD you mention but have no way to offer it up. I'm sure someone does though.Have you tried the Rolling Stones Yahoo trade group?

Well, maybe it's the completist in me that just needs to have ALL the DVDs. smiling smiley Or maybe it's nostalgia - I remember playing the VHS alot in the mid 90s and really enjoying it. It's a pretty cool show w/ Bo Diddley and everything.

Date: March 24, 2010 14:23

Father Ted
You're welcome!

When I've seeded the official VL, I can do the VL Giants Stadium show as well if you like?

Nice! That would be great!

And for those looking for the complete par-per-view broadcast of the Miami show that the official VL DVD was edited from, one of the VHS-rips I mentioned earlier ("Hoodoo U Voodoo - Deluxe Edition", the best I've come across so far) can be downloaded here thanks to UrbanSteel:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 24, 2010 14:47

TURB0
Well, maybe it's the completist in me that just needs to have ALL the DVDs. smiling smiley Or maybe it's nostalgia - I remember playing the VHS alot in the mid 90s and really enjoying it. It's a pretty cool show w/ Bo Diddley and everything.

Oh I understand lol. You notice I have the dvd myself and didn't even like that show all that much. In fact I originally bought the PPV, recorded it on my own VHS, then later bought different bootleg cd's of the show and finally the official VHS and DVD when it came out. LOL

Date: March 24, 2010 17:00

ironbelly
TURB0
The Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge Live from Robbie Stadium Miami Official DVD is on russian torrent rutracker.org for more than 1 year. It is still active (4 seeders, 1 leecher). BTW, they have free leech till April 1 winking smiley. The only thing - to register (free registration) using russian form. It could be painfull but with little luck... Gonzalo (aka Stones4ever) made it some time ago winking smiley

Thanx for the tip ironbelly! The registration was no problem, the Google translator took care of it, and I'm downloading as I type! grinning smiley

I'll give a full report once it's on my harddrive.

Date: March 24, 2010 20:40

Father Ted
As you're already downloading the official DVD, shall I just seed the New Jersey DVD instead? I may have some other Voodoo Lounge stuff around. If I find anything, I'll post back and let you know.

(I might do 25x5 too if I can find my DVD as that's no longer available either).

Thanks for your support Father Ted, the download is now finished - and yes, I am pleased to verify that this is the real deal (woohoo!) - so no need for you to go through all the trouble of upping it. Thanks alot for your offer though! Very kind. It would be awesome if you could seed the Jersey and 25x5 DVDs! grinning smiley

Date: March 24, 2010 22:58

TURB0
Father Ted
As you're already downloading the official DVD, shall I just seed the New Jersey DVD instead? I may have some other Voodoo Lounge stuff around. If I find anything, I'll post back and let you know.

(I might do 25x5 too if I can find my DVD as that's no longer available either).

Thanks for your support Father Ted, the download is now finished - and yes, I am pleased to verify that this is the real deal (woohoo!) - so no need for you to go through all the trouble of upping it. Thanks alot for your offer though! Very kind. It would be awesome if you could seed the Jersey and 25x5 DVDs! grinning smiley

Turbo,

NJ show is now seeding from The Pirate Bay. Just so you're aware - the initial menu you see when the DVD loads was created on a home VHS>DVD recorder. The original tape came from eBay but considering its age, picture and sound quality are good. Hope you enjoy the show. 25x5 to follow shortly...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-24 23:17 by Father Ted.

Date: March 25, 2010 00:11

Sweet! Really appreciate it Father Ted! smileys with beer

Date: March 25, 2010 00:39

Btw - I was thinking about fixing up some artwork for the DVD, but the only scan of the original I could find was a fairly low-resolution scan at www.cdcovers.cc, so I was wondering if perhaps some kind individual that has the original DVD could do a hi-resolution scan (300dpi or more) of the artwork and upload it somewhere? I could then modify it to a printable version that would fit in one of those plastic DVD cases (the original has one of those cardboard cases) and share it with the rest of you. Any help would be much appreciated. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 00:40 by TURB0.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 25, 2010 22:56

Official DVD:
Eagle Rock Entertainment PLC, distributed in Europe by: MAWA, 1998
Dolby Digital AC 3.5.1, Format 4:3, 94 min,
Region = 2

---------------------------

Very good quality, have Fun!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 20:06 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 25, 2010 23:18

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 23:54 by Deltics.

Date: March 26, 2010 13:41

Satisfaction> Wow, I did not know about that European version! Is that PAL / Region 2?

Deltics > That scan of the R1 version is the same that I got from www.cdcovers.cc - I'm looking for a fresh 300dpi (or more) hi-quality scan, mainly because it will give me some "room" to modify it properly and it will look much better (sharper) when printed out. But thanks for the effort anyway! smiling smiley

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 26, 2010 14:49

Sorry, try this one instead!

I know it's for a laser disc, but you should be able to adapt it.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 15:10 by Deltics.

Date: March 26, 2010 17:50

Seems to be something wrong with the pic/host.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 20:05

I think it`s PAL.
Region = 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home