Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Invited Backstage at a Stones Concert
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 19, 2010 15:59

Have you or anyone you know been invited backstage by band or crew members and what was it like.

Re: Invited Backstage at a Stones Concert
Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:26

Many times. It was always a lot of fun. The best part was going to see Keith and hang out with him. The backstage in London was a huge lounge and had a special section for Keith's friends. The food was always amazing.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 17:03

Not backstage but onstage...lol

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 19, 2010 18:57

johnhenry
Many times. It was always a lot of fun. The best part was going to see Keith and hang out with him. The backstage in London was a huge lounge and had a special section for Keith's friends. The food was always amazing.

more please thats a good short summary, how about allowing as to how you're there, etc, what the food was, who was there, what was said...

thanks in advance!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:24

johnhenry

Without the food comment I might have given you the benefit of the doubt.cool smiley

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:26

One of my best friends was a son of Freddie Sessler. My friend passed away last year. When the Bigger Bang tour was announced we went to all the shows in South Florida, Memphis, PR, London and Louisville. We would pick up our passes at the hotel and head to the venue by six o'clock. The Rattle snake lounge was better in some cities depending on the size. In London it was set behind the curtain. Keith and the rest of the band were downstairs in different part of the Bdlg. We try and get a table and they had buffet style food and free drinks. A few times Charlie would come in and sit with people. When it was time we would be taken to say hello to Keith and hang out in his dressing room. In London we had family laminate passes. We took a special boat to the show and a van back to the hotel. All the staff were very nice and would make sure we had everything we needed.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: March 19, 2010 19:45

johnhenry
One of my best friends was a son of Freddie Sessler. My friend passed away last year. When the Bigger Bang tour was announced we went to all the shows in South Florida, Memphis, PR, London and Louisville. We would pick up our passes at the hotel and head to the venue by six o'clock. The Rattle snake lounge was better in some cities depending on the size. In London it was set behind the curtain. Keith and the rest of the band were downstairs in different part of the Bdlg. We try and get a table and they had buffet style food and free drinks. A few times Charlie would come in and sit with people. When it was time we would be taken to say hello to Keith and hang out in his dressing room. In London we had family laminate passes. We took a special boat to the show and a van back to the hotel. All the staff were very nice and would make sure we had everything we needed.
Yes, and? You have a had a rare opportunity that many of here would love to have but never will. Please, post as much detail as you can!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 20:28

Been trying to get backstage on the mrs. for almost 10 years now! yawning smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2010 21:18

Does a Keith/Winos show count?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 19, 2010 21:32

Absolutely, Tele. Solo Stones is next best thing.

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:17

I was at Rattlesnake Lounge couple times for BB,In NYC, Vegas, Copenhagen, met Chuck L and we spoke about cowboy boots,met Tim Ries who is a friend of my friend, met Jane Rose and we spoke of a mutual friend, food & drinks was just usual cater quality, never met any of the 4 RS backstage....have all my Rattlesnake passes on display as part of my collection of memorabilia

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 19, 2010 22:40

Met them all backstage, all at the same time, also got a chance to go in the rattlesnake at O2 last night, some of the vikings went, I decided I wanted to celebrate the evening with the rest of the vikings present, and stayed outside. No regrets.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 00:44 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:02

nope not ever. another sad debacle of poor communication between myself and rs mgmt.
i guess they're too embarrassed to ask me now...me cut them a break tho. cause i'm a giver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-19 23:07 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:14

Twice in 2007. Great food, nice atmosphere, the odd band member popping in.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 19, 2010 23:33

I think some people are mixing up the 'Rattlesnake' thing with actual 'backstage'?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1534
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home