Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ideas for 2011 CD
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 19, 2010 03:06

Assuming that the Stones put out a new CD, and further assuming that there are 12 tracks on it, what would your recommendations be for Keith and Mick? I was thinking of this theme: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and Something Blues.

4 tracks of new material in the spirit of other older albums, to celebrate the very first album they made, Beggar's Banquet, Sticky Fingers, and maybe even Let it Bleed

4 tracks of material that is new, modern, innovative, even pop sounding to bring in new fans to the fold

2 cover songs, such as a version of a Chuck Berry song or other rock legend

2 new Stones blues songs, in the spirit of Down in the Hole or I Got the Blues.

Any other ideas? The Stones may actually read our comments at iorr.org, so this is your chance to make an impact!

Re: Ideas for 2011 CD
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 19, 2010 03:09

Kieth needs to do an acoustic song for his of just him and maybe a little Ronnie on acoustic. Bluesy country. The Stones just need to change things up but stick to American roots music. Don't recreate the old days thier gone but shake things up. Lots of Kieth guitar though.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 03:20

I agree. I've really liked the last two albums but chasing hits ain't where it's at.

Time to bring it back home. The country and blues influence has been missed.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:20

The ideas must be suggested by the artist............ they must have their own ideas and inspiration to compose

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: March 19, 2010 12:39

I've said it before: if there are gonna be covers, I'd love them to do Take Me In Your Arms (Rock me a little while) from the Isley Brothers (motown period) and Keith to sing One for my baby (and one more for the road).

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 19, 2010 13:16

I like the B2B album. On that one, they have been innovative, but it had some traditionalist tracks, too.

I don't want them to stick to preconceptions of how the songs should be stylistically, but to just write the songs THEY like themselves. I'm sure there will be some innovation there and some classic song structures as well. If they feel like playing blues they should go ahead with it. If not, I don't mind.

Covers are not necessary. I prefer their original material anyway. Sure, a cover by the Stones would honour every obscure Americana singer / songwriter from the 80s, and if they really love him, why not? But why haven't we heard of him until now in the first place?

What I really look forward to are some great guitar parts from Ronnie (leads, slide solos and lap steel) and Keith (bringing back the country influence in his guitar playing, more rock n roll riffs and less funk).

More harmonica playing from Mick would also be very much appreciated by this listener since he's a giant on that instrument.

It would also be great if Ronnie finally gets to sing a lead vocal on a Stones album. He really deserves it. After all, he's been keeping the band in the press whilst they were laying low (despite for all the wrong reasons).

And Charlie, well, he's best when he's just being Charlie.

If I can make a suggestion, please don't have this album mastered with earbuds for iPod consumption in mind (which is way too bass heavy and loud, "brickwalled" as audiophiles would say), but have it mastered for listening on a home stereo system. In short, please put the LP master with the lower levels but higher dynamic range onto the CD, not the mp3 master. Thanks. (That will fix a lot of issues that the ABB album had, like Mick always sounding like he was screaming on the top of his lungs and the drums and rhyhtm guitars having digital hiss).

By the way, I wouldn't say no to 14 songs instead of 12. More is more after all ;-)

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 15:42

a blues album with cover songs would be nice with minimal overdubbing and no don was involvement

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: March 19, 2010 15:49

I don't think the idea of the blues album would work. 11 x Little Baby would be quite boring - I don't think it would add enough to the originals to be worth it.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:27

All they have to do is not have a hit and they will probably get ine

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:27

i want new material only. no covers. no blues. no harmonica.

they should try to make something that fits the times we are living in now.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:52

I'd like to see them back their root's.... something like r. rubin did w/ johnny cash..... cut all the crap ..just them.... lay it down....

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1270
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home