Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Could Taylor fit back in with the Stones?
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:37

Don't want to start a big Wood vs Taylor fight. Just wondering this today as I decided to drink some whiskey and enjoy some good Stones Boot DVD's today to hear the good stuff before American Idol lets me down tonight. I watched many, in fact more Wood shows than Taylor today. However Taylor blows my mind (ex. Dead Flowers on the Marquee show ect.) and I longed to be able to hear him live with the Stones at a show I could attend. However, do you guys think his playing would seamlessly fit back in with the Stones at this point?
I think it would, actually and would be great. On the other hand it has been so long and they have kind of gotten in the mold of how Ronnie plays now. I wonder if it would work as well as some think it might?

Re: Could Taylor fit back in with the Stones?
Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:51

No.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:55

Anythings Possible ...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 17, 2010 00:58

tumblingdice
Don't want to start a big Wood vs Taylor fight.

Bingo !

kleermaker,your turn...

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:02

No ...... he quit 36 years ago, he have his own live back.
In the 36 years he made a great solo career, he has no time for the stones.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:07

Oh, NO, not THIS SH*T again!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:07

"In the 36 years he made a great solo career, he has no time for the stones".

Yeah Right.
And no, he would not fit back..

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:22

One of the comfort pads fell out of my boot the other day and I didn't bother to replace it.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:32

Guys, as much as I love MT and would love to see him back with The Stones, there's no way he would have the stamina for a world tour. That's assuming Mick would be OK to bring him back. MT has a hard time carrying a 15-date tour, you think he could really play 3 times a week all over the world for 6 months??

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:38

shortfatfanny
tumblingdice
Don't want to start a big Wood vs Taylor fight.

Bingo !

kleermaker,your turn...

Thanks shorty. As far as I know the Stones don't exist anymore. I've read that in another thread. They are a corporation now, I was told. So the question isn't relevant.

But take a listen here how the Stones with Taylor could rock and roll at the same time (well, I'm just listening to it and I'd like to share it with you, because I have the strange feeling that we're becoming some kind of friendswinking smiley):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 01:43 by kleermaker.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:43

Yes. But what are "the Stones" now? If he played on the new Exile, he already has "fit".

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:10

This wasn't about who is better but to ask would Taylor's style fit in with how the Stones play now? There is such a different dynamic over the last several years. I just wondered what other's thoughts were on if Taylor's style could be implemented back into the Stones easily.
Personally I think so. I believe Jagger would play off of that very well and Keith too. But even if I never get to see that ( was way too young when he was in the band) at least I can watch some old dvd's!!!

Date: March 17, 2010 04:28

micwer
Guys, as much as I love MT and would love to see him back with The Stones, there's no way he would have the stamina for a world tour. That's assuming Mick would be OK to bring him back. MT has a hard time carrying a 15-date tour, you think he could really play 3 times a week all over the world for 6 months??

A - There is not going to BE another world tour.
B - As if Ron Wood has the "stamina" for such a tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 04:29 by 71Tele.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 04:47

Tele, why can you be so sure Ronnie wouldn't have the stamina? I don't get it, yeah we all know about his problems, but again, i don't think that is indicitive that he would be able to tour. As for Mick T, yeah he could do it, and he probably could tour, but man, I really think that is pie in the sky dreaming by folks trapped in the past. Aint No Use In Crying......

Date: March 17, 2010 05:23

whitem8
Tele, why can you be so sure Ronnie wouldn't have the stamina? I don't get it, yeah we all know about his problems, but again, i don't think that is indicitive that he would be able to tour. As for Mick T, yeah he could do it, and he probably could tour, but man, I really think that is pie in the sky dreaming by folks trapped in the past. Aint No Use In Crying......

I agree with you whitem8. But if dreaming of MT back touring with the band is pie in the sky (which I think it is), then I also think of the band commencing world tours in the manner to which we have become accustomed is also a pipe dream.

And just because Wood may be able to survive another tour does not make it musically compelling or even interesting. He has been crap at every show I have seen since 1991, with the exception of a couple of bursts of sobriety and focus on one or two tours. But no, I don't think the answer to that is bringing Taylor back, though I think it would be classy of them to invite him and Wyman back for some Exile shows.

Oops, I realize this could be taken as a Taylor vs. Wood post. Has my 30-day self-imposed moratorium on the subject expired? I'm not sure. If not, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 05:25 by 71Tele.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 05:50

Yeah it would be way cool for MT and Wyman to join them on some shows. I would love it. What's wrong with both Ronnie and Mick playing? Would be great in my mind.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 17, 2010 07:09

God...I'm younger than MT, thin, neither drink much, use drugs or smoke; I have zero health problems, and I couldn't sustain the grueling tour schedule Mick T does. So yes, I think he could managed the pampered touring style of the current Stones regime.

There might be jostling for position between Keith and Mick T, but the result would be a rejuvenation of the Stones.

Date: March 17, 2010 07:09

whitem8
Yeah it would be way cool for MT and Wyman to join them on some shows. I would love it. What's wrong with both Ronnie and Mick playing? Would be great in my mind.

Nothing wrong with it at all. Bring out the steel for Ron on Torn & Frayed...And we need MJ to play that nasty blues rhythm on Stop Breaking Down. And we need a real Leslie speaker for Keith to use on his Let It Loose guitar part, and Bill Plummer to play upright bass on Turd On The Run and Rip This Joint, and, and...ok I'll calm down now. I was getting excited.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:14

71Tele
whitem8

Nothing wrong with it at all. Bring out the steel for Ron on Torn & Frayed...And we need MJ to play that nasty blues rhythm on Stop Breaking Down. And we need a real Leslie speaker for Keith to use on his Let It Loose guitar part, and Bill Plummer to play upright bass on Turd On The Run and Rip This Joint, and, and...ok I'll calm down now. I was getting excited.

... and then the best show is being recorded and put out on an album called "Torn and Frayed" with all their weathered faces on it ... Johnny Cash style ... oops ... I just fell into a dream ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 12:37 by Greenblues.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:58

God, here we go again.....

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:20

Better watch &listen some old stuff with Taylor.Keep the good memories and don't destroy them. The Stones cannot play anymore like they did in the early 7-tees to say the least. So even if Taylor would or could,forget it.sad smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:27

Amsterdamned
The Stones cannot play anymore like they did in the early 7-tees to say the least.

To be fair, neither can Taylor really.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:35

A guest appearance would be welcome, but otherwise, I could do without him. He chose not to be a Stone anymore, remember.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:46

His Majesty
Amsterdamned
The Stones cannot play anymore like they did in the early 7-tees to say the least.

That's what I said. Even if he would or could.smiling smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:59

Amsterdamned

That's what I said. Even if he would or could.smiling smiley

Sorry, I didn't catch the could.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 17, 2010 15:11

A BIG Yes---They are all older and less active...ha....Mr. Jones fit in and Mick Taylor is not and never has been a egocentric type of person..So he could come back without causing a fuss to keith, woodie, charlie and Jagger.
In the studio he could really add to the sound and we wouldn't need to have blondie, etc...Mick could do it..
I also know he is friendly with Woodie...So what would be the problem?
I think he could add some new life to the Stones and push them to be even better..
So please come back Mick!

Date: March 17, 2010 16:07

Big Al
A guest appearance would be welcome, but otherwise, I could do without him. He chose not to be a Stone anymore, remember.

I see this comment about Taylor a lot. He chose not be a Stone 36 years ago. So what? I do not understand why that is a life sentence. People and circumstances change. Would people not want Bill Wyman back if he wanted to come back because he "chose not to be a Stone" in 1992?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:15

How true...Plus if the reports are correct it was Mick Jagger who asked him back to help finish some of their old songs for the new album.... Plus Taylor didn't beg to ever come back..In fact he has always acted with
a lot of class and has been very respectful when it comes to the Stones...
He should return....Much better then having Blondie!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:18

he never fitted in, so i think this could work again.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:24

His Majesty
Amsterdamned

In your ears he already couldn't after 1970, so your answer is not very relevant.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home