Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pearl Jam on SNL tonight
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: March 13, 2010 15:51

Pearl Jam on Saturday Night Live, tonight. It will be refreshing to have some good rock'n'roll on American television . . . hope they get 3 songs.

Re: OT: Pearl Jam on SNL tonight
Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 14, 2010 03:53

BFD

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: March 14, 2010 03:55

slew
BFD

ditto

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 14, 2010 04:00

Yes, it IS a BFD! Pearl Jam haters need not reply, but have some weird obsession towards doing so.

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 14, 2010 04:05

I think Pearl Jam will Rock!!hot smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 14, 2010 04:06

Boring.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 14, 2010 05:51

A band I don't care that much about appearing on a show that I once loved but has since gone completley down the toilet.

whoopdeeedooo!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-14 05:56 by ryanpow.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:02

I'm happy for you. It's nice to see someone you like on the show. I'm one of the group that never cared for them even though based on my age I should have as they were big when I was hitting adult hood. Never could get in to them but they did have a couple of ok songs and one I will always remember from late 1993 into 1994.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:05

I will always remember from late 1993 into 1994

so ya heard a Pearl Jam disc once at New Years Eve party......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:06

This is a re-run right? 2 or 3 songs from their last album out about 6 months ago..... correct?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:16

This is a NEW, LIVE show I believe

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 14, 2010 06:26

Rockman
I will always remember from late 1993 into 1994

so ya heard a Pearl Jam disc once at New Years Eve party......

LOL nope....any party I was at always had mostly Stones with some other classic rock mixed in. I just recall one on the radio around that time that sticks out to me. Still didn't like it that much overall but a part of it.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 14, 2010 07:07

any party I was at always had mostly Stones

.............. Hey that's good tumblindice....your welcome in the club-house

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-14 07:56 by Rockman.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 14, 2010 07:47

Only caught the last song - 12;45am - so was it live or a re-run?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 14, 2010 11:46

Unthought Known, My favorite song from Backspacer

Date: March 14, 2010 18:04

nice song . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-15 05:28 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Date: March 14, 2010 20:16

That acoustic song...why was the band even out there? Gossard, McCready, Cameron could have stayed in dressing room.

Date: March 14, 2010 22:22

Palace Revolution 2000
That acoustic song...why was the band even out there? Gossard, McCready, Cameron could have stayed in dressing room.

I know, thats what i thought . . . last summer/fall when playing it, Ed was on a stool with his acoustic and the strings were there and Cameron on backing vocal and Jeff on bass. It didn't seem like Mccready and Gossard did much. but because its a single, I think they thought they had to play it and instaed of excluding those guys they played it with them, and the arrangement is a bit different, but oh well . . .

Spring tour starts in May. Summer tour this year is Europe. Going to Boston Garden and MSG.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-14 22:23 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 14, 2010 23:27

Wow all the haters came out on this one. PJ is a very good band. Did a good job opening for the Stones before. They've done stones covers very nicely before and Ronnie played with them last year. What, is everbody bored with the Exile news already. Save the hate for someone worthy. Like Dave Matthews or John Mayer....Or the price of the new Exile.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 14, 2010 23:35

sweetcharmedlife
Wow all the haters came out on this one. PJ is a very good band. Did a good job opening for the Stones before. They've done stones covers very nicely before and Ronnie played with them last year. What, is everbody bored with the Exile news already. Save the hate for someone worthy. Like Dave Matthews or John Mayer....Or the price of the new Exile.eye popping smiley

Hear, hear....I'll drink to that!smileys with beer

Date: March 15, 2010 02:50

sweetcharmedlife

agreed. good lord do i hate dave matthews. watered down jam band with mainstream tunes. when i think of dave matthews band fans i picture guys in flip flops during the winter, wearing a hemp necklace, driving a gas guzzling SUV. probably stopped going to college after the 2nd year and now work at the sunglasses hut

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: March 15, 2010 22:29

keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife

agreed. good lord do i hate dave matthews. watered down jam band with mainstream tunes. when i think of dave matthews band fans i picture guys in flip flops during the winter, wearing a hemp necklace, driving a gas guzzling SUV. probably stopped going to college after the 2nd year and now work at the sunglasses hut

EXACTLY, a bunch of followers who go to shows because their friends go.

Date: March 15, 2010 22:44

Rochdale3
keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife

EXACTLY, a bunch of followers who go to shows because their friends go.

hey now sometime i get talked into going to a concert because my friends are going but it would never be a dave matthews concert

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 16, 2010 09:00

sweetcharmedlife

Agreed. PJ is an amazing band. As much as I love the Stones, PJ has had a much more prolific output than the Stones have since the 90s, and they kick some serious ass.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: March 16, 2010 14:42

watch THE MSG LIVE AT THE GARDEN show and especially the duets with Ben Harper. That's a great moment !!!

PJ can change the setlist often too.
The Eddie's soundtrack Into the Wild is a perfect record.
Real musicians very efficient. They are all excellent.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-16 14:44 by toomuchforme.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home