Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Pro-Shot-Videos Hampton 81 , Including Backstage+George Thorogood
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: March 11, 2010 14:02

X

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:29 by UrbanSteel.

Re: Rolling Stones Pro-Shot-Videos Hampton 81 , Including Backstage+George Thorogood
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 11, 2010 15:11

Thank you,UrbanSteel.
One of my alltime favourites...

Re: Rolling Stones Pro-Shot-Videos Hampton 81 , Including Backstage+George Thorogood
Posted by: fishstix ()
Date: March 11, 2010 16:19

Under my Thumb is, I think, their best opener. Such a groove. Gets me EVERY time. But, something is missing in that Hampton UMT clip....takes them a while to get the groove down...not a musician here

Date: March 12, 2010 10:43

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:30 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 12, 2010 17:28

I love Let's Spend the Night Together!! Great rythym guitar!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 12, 2010 17:47

Life was so goooood in the forest until women discovered the razor.

Date: March 13, 2010 11:21

X

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 13, 2010 13:00

Wow, this just remains fantastic. Still one of their best gigs ever, they all where on fire. Who needs Mick Taylor when you got this!

Mathijs

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 13, 2010 22:34

The Shattered version of this show is, was and will always be
the essence of MY Rolling Stones.

Date: March 14, 2010 16:41

X

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 14, 2010 21:36

i've just been watching the (slightly underwhelming) Tumbling Dice from Hampton (thanks UrbanSteel for your youtube channel!)..

The bit toward the end when Mick's rolling across the stage and Keith has to step out of the way! Ha Ha! that's hilarious!

What medications was Mick on at the time?!

Date: March 15, 2010 13:40

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:28 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 15, 2010 13:51

Truly one of the best shows, I never get tired of it. One of the best guitar playing by Keith.

Ronnie however seems absoutely off. Bunch of times he doesn't play at all and does some crazy stuff and when he playes,he is hardly audiable. But Keith is on fire and more than succesfully covers for him. Does anybody know what was with Ronnie? Was he high? Drunk? I recall during YCAGWYW he rides the stage lift instad of playing, steeling Mick's scarf a couple of times..looks like he was having a lot of fun, but didn't play much.

But still...maybe my all-time favourite...along with L&G

Date: March 16, 2010 20:35

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:28 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: March 17, 2010 01:19

awesome...thanks urban

Date: March 17, 2010 20:26

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:27 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 17, 2010 23:43

Happy24
Truly one of the best shows, I never get tired of it. One of the best guitar playing by Keith.

Ronnie however seems absoutely off. Bunch of times he doesn't play at all and does some crazy stuff and when he playes,he is hardly audiable. But Keith is on fire and more than succesfully covers for him. Does anybody know what was with Ronnie? Was he high? Drunk? I recall during YCAGWYW he rides the stage lift instad of playing, steeling Mick's scarf a couple of times..looks like he was having a lot of fun, but didn't play much.

Uh? Wot? You must be having problems with your stereo set as this is simply one of the best Wood shows ever. The guy's all over every song, and his interplay with Keith is what defines 'weaving' to me.

Mathijs

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: March 18, 2010 01:16

Happy24

Fully agree!!

cheers Bo winking smiley

Date: March 18, 2010 20:52

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:27 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: django ()
Date: March 18, 2010 21:29

Happy24
Ronnie however seems absoutely off. Bunch of times he doesn't play at all and does some crazy stuff and when he playes,he is hardly audiable.

I think it depends on the DVD version you have. The WOW version has a fantastic package and all the backstage material but unfortunately a not so good sound quality. Ronnie is very low in the mix and hardly audible. The Jointrip version has a perfect mix. Well balanced and loud guitars and you can hear Ronnie playing one of his best performances ever with the Stones.

Date: March 19, 2010 00:32

Thanks for the videos.

Date: March 19, 2010 21:13

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:26 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 20, 2010 00:03

gosh thoroughgood has such great outstanding tone and touch but i've NEVER EVER been able to enjoy him....it's like...WHY OH WHY DOESN'T HE GET A REAL SINGER!!!

HE'S FLIPPING AWFUL FAKE WHITE BLUES RAUNCH...YUCK.... mick taylor needs to re=think the delirium that he's a singer also, just sayin....

UrbanSteel thanks so much; really a blast to rock w let me go etc...u r very kind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-20 00:13 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 20, 2010 05:17

Yeah good one UrbanSteel - you got good taste>

Date: March 20, 2010 21:23

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:25 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: March 20, 2010 21:45

Just brilliant. Great tour. And no back-up singers and Ian Stewart on piano. Ah shidobee, Shattered. Thanks.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: March 21, 2010 00:35

Thanks for the links man, this was great!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: March 21, 2010 03:43

Don't often go to Hot Stuff so love finding this here. Some rough and rounchy some genious yet whole thing is my favorite of all Stones.

Watch this live at 14, my whole family stopped and watched and set up radio in same room since was simulcast on radio too.

If rock and roll is fun then this is funnest that exists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-21 03:50 by Markdog.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: March 21, 2010 12:40

Wood was for most of the tour on fire, althoug the first few gigs, incl. Phillie were still a bit rusty... But they rocked!

And there are still people on this board who claim that ABB is a better tour....

No Taylor needed indeed with a Ronnie they way he played until 82.

Date: March 22, 2010 20:06

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 15:25 by UrbanSteel.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home