Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Do you think Mick is a happy man?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: June 11, 2008 21:50

Ageless, naive question from a casual fan....

God gave Mick everything. He seems also to cope well about ageing.

But he also worries, and seems enjoying being worried.

"Mick is a power freak" Keith says.

Charlie also says, in short, that Mick has been a very good friend when he (Charlie) was in pain, but that he (Charlie) could not give that back - too distant, elusive Mick..

Finally: are seven women better than one to make a man happy?

Re: Do you think Mick is a happy man?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2008 21:57

You cannot ever trust any woman to make you happy.
Gotta find yer happines within yerself.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:04

If he isn't, he bloody well ought to be! ;^)

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:10

I think that Mick Jagger is scared shitless of getting old. I mean, he´s a living proof of ageing well, but time waits for no one...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:14

yes when he counts his MONEY !

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 11, 2008 22:18

So do you think Keith is maybe happier ?
Keith's been quoted [just for a change ] as saying that "...the funny thing about getting old is that the the older you get...the older you want to be"
Or does he just mean that it beats the alternative ?winking smiley

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 11, 2008 23:59

Jagger has always claimed he was born happy. He has a natural and easy smile that has served him well over the years. He seems very, very happy.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 12, 2008 01:14

I really do hope he is a happy man. It's tough being a mega-star, cameras in your face constantly, being followed, little privacy, although in certain parts of the world I'm sure he's a lot more free to move about without being bothered. I know he goes to those places exactly for that reason, to escape. He's still a MAN with normal concerns and worries...who isn't concerned about aging? He's certainly not a freak! Glad Charlie said what a good friend Mick is to him. Mick has had his share of pain, the normal stuff, death of parents, lose of loved ones, concern over friends' health, including Keith, Charlie and Ronnie. Losing Stu was brutal for him. Over-all, I think he has the ability to keep himself relatively happy, and not just monetary means. He's a very smart man, uses his mind to stay active and involved in life.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 12, 2008 02:12

As long as the air conditioner works, you can be happy.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 12, 2008 03:05

I think he's as happy as one can be in this life. Life has its ups and downs I think he's doing just fine.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 12, 2008 03:51

Mick's an unsatisfied man, it's a permanent condition.... Sometimes he's happy, happiness is fleeting - it comes and goes depending......I was happy for a couple hours yesterday working on my Photo website.....

NO ONE HERE GETS OUT ALIVE - Jim Morrison

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 12, 2008 04:26

Yes indeed. He has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 12, 2008 04:31

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't make you happy, ask ELTON JOHN smiling smiley ......

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: June 12, 2008 04:40

...... sure helps out a bunch )

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 12, 2008 05:18

Interesting question I have thought about before. I think he is when working and keeping busy, but I have my doubts about him all alone. Keith I think has more peace alone, but is probably crankier around others.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2008 06:22

Glows when he's Jumpin' Jack Flash....It's where he belongs...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 12, 2008 06:34

yep Rockman, thats what It really comes down to. all the reharsing, organzing, planning, business, promoting... thats what its all for.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-12 06:35 by ryanpow.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:29

I would say happy but always hungry (in more ways than one), never satisfied. Lucky for us, he feels the need to prove it over and over again, as well as feeling just the joy of music and being on the road.

Plexi

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 12, 2008 07:32

timbernardis
I would say happy but always hungry (in more ways than one), never satisfied. Lucky for us, he feels the need to prove it over and over again, as well as feeling just the joy of music and being on the road.

Plexi

Speaking of happy.but hungry their Plax. Sent my cd's yet?smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: mixed yapmotions ()
Date: June 12, 2008 09:47

How could he be unhappy tapping all those chicks and getting to hang with Keith?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 12, 2008 11:16

Mick had a middle class upbringing and has a strong work ethic. For a band that hasn't had a manager for nearly 40 years it's just as well it wasn't left up to Keith isn't it?

I think Mick is a highly intelligent person who operates a many levels. My favourite Keith comment on him is "Mick is a nice bunch of guys."

I'm sure he has his good and bad periods like all of us. Who can say if he's overall happy? My guess is that he is.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 13, 2008 14:37

Business minded and motivated - yes.
Happy? Yes, I met him once and saw him walking around the arena before the doors opened and he was smiling and happy, especially with his daughters, definately loves his kids.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 13, 2008 20:49

I really do think he is happy. One reason is $$$$$$$. I don't think he is unhappy too much being the mega star that he is.

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: June 13, 2008 22:55

A reply from 1969, at least, is in the Deja Vu thread begun by Voja. Mick is quoted: "Sometimes I wish I wasn't me... I don't mean the real me, I'm quite happy with that - but the person they all swear at. But every time someone curses me, I think, 'Remember, that's what makes me very rich' ".

Today, he seems happy and grounded with his family... and yet he still seems to move around constantly, while the other Stones seem happy in one place. Seems like he's still looking for something.

Posted by: EST62 ()
Date: June 13, 2008 23:57

After all of the turbulence of the early days I think they are all happy now. They are living legends and will be even more revered and respected when they hang it up. I think Mick has kept the Stones at the level that they are now and it's obvious that he has the drive to power them on until they just can't or don't want to go anymore. Like the under assistant west coast promo man!
I can't imagine what would make him unhappy with all that they have accomplished.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: June 14, 2008 01:22

Speaking of happy.but hungry their Plax. Sent my cd's yet?smiling bouncing smiley[/quote]

Who's Plax?

Yes, sent them last weekend, did u get them yet?

Plex

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2008 12:06

Yes

Bjornulf

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: June 14, 2008 12:29

It depends on what is happy and by what terms you define happy. You can have all the success and money in the world but still be unhappy. Trully happy people are those that are grounded and know who they are.

Personally I am happy 90% of the time. I have a great girlfriend who I love and respect, I have a roof over my head, water and food in my belly and I have some great friends. Those 5 things are what make me 90% happy. The other 10% are my things like guitars and cd's. Not necessary but nice to have. I'm not on a constant quest for happiness.

Mick I would hope by now has found what he is looking for at the age of 64 and is happy with his lot.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 14, 2008 21:12

he did write about his "charmed life" so it would seem he's happy - unless he's insecure and trying to show off.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 14, 2008 23:28

HelterSkelter
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ doesn't make you happy, ask ELTON JOHN smiling smiley ......

The love of a good woman is one of the keys to true happiness, I guess that explains why Elton is so damn miserable!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1502
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home