Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: "LIFE" Keith Richards
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 20, 2010 16:19

Im not that keen on reading a persons autobiography while their careers arent over..theres so much more that could be added to it if its only covered three quarters of their careers its probably a good reason why they do it but the books always seen so unfinished to me.Micks autobiography will certainly be a good one when it comes out.

Posted by: Mick Jagger ()
Date: May 20, 2010 16:28

Amazon Germany says 900!!! pages

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: May 20, 2010 17:57

Editors today have too much control on the content of any given book. Reading Ronnie Wood and Eric Clapton's Bios left me under the impression that a lot was left on the "cutting room's floor." Having read Terri irwin's book on her life with Steve, she mentions that her first draft was 900 pages. What we got is a little over 270 pages. They were/are nothing more than Magazine articles for light weight reading. A new book on Caesar the Roman Emperor, that came out around this period was close to 600 pages. The difference I guess the first three were consider " Summer Reading" and the latter Academia. At least Keith's is coming out in the fall.Wish it to be around 800 to 900 pages and cover not only who do what to whom but, touch on Recording sessions, Picking a song list for that night show, Etc;

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:00

colonial
Im not that keen on reading a persons autobiography while their careers arent over..theres so much more that could be added to it if its only covered three quarters of their careers its probably a good reason why they do it but the books always seen so unfinished to me.Micks autobiography will certainly be a good one when it comes out.

Which Mick ? Jagger ? Thought he laid that project on ice forever...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:11

boston2006
skipstone
Fukcing hell, if it's Keith doing the audio, I hope it comes with a translator.

They've recruited Ozzy !

Mick Taylor is being called in to do the audio.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:22

marcovandereijk
O no, not the inevitable skull ring with cigaret combination again, please?

:-)

A skull ring and a fag. That's as Keef as it gets, LOL

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: May 20, 2010 18:30

deeppurple
Editors today have too much control on the content of any given book. Reading Ronnie Wood and Eric Clapton's Bios left me under the impression that a lot was left on the "cutting room's floor." Having read Terri irwin's book on her life with Steve, she mentions that her first draft was 900 pages. What we got is a little over 270 pages. They were/are nothing more than Magazine articles for light weight reading. A new book on Caesar the Roman Emperor, that came out around this period was close to 600 pages. The difference I guess the first three were consider " Summer Reading" and the latter Academia. At least Keith's is coming out in the fall.Wish it to be around 800 to 900 pages and cover not only who do what to whom but, touch on Recording sessions, Picking a song list for that night show, Etc;
deeppurple..yea..that bit about the Editors ya probably right there mate.If it was me I would get an Editor to do things my way..not theres.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 20, 2010 21:36

should be 420 pages

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 20, 2010 21:37

ablett
Shit graphics n all! Bet that aint the books final cover....

Don't judge a book by its cover. Besides, there's no possible cover that someone won't be complaining about. I see this same type of comment by any band that releases a new cd in regards to the cover art. Who gives a shit!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-20 21:38 by LeonidP.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home