Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones giving plants (apple, rose, banana) to the common people
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 29, 2008 09:31

The Stones are sthe new Ceasars, ain't they?

So they give fruits to the common women and men, like in the old time in Rome.

Episode 1, from the movie: Hyde Park 1969, during the pre-show, the Stones are chatting in a kind of caravan. Fans are oustide, and they are also talking to the Stones through a semi open window. Someone asks something, and Charlie politely picks a neat apple, then pass it through the window to the fans.

Episode 2, from STP book: on stage during the US tour 1972. As ususal, Mick throws rose petals to the crowd during Street Fighting Man. But a roadie made a filthy joke and put in the petal cups some animal guts. So an upset fan at the front row retaliates, and throw back a chicken liver to Mick.

Episode 3, first hand: Paris Olympia 2003: A not-too-sober Ronnie eats a half banana on stage, then presents the remaining half banana to someone in the audience with a bow. Next to Wood, Mick pokes fun: "What a generosity! What a gesture!". This was pretty DISGUSTING. Would you have eaten this pretty-seasoned-bitten-by-Wood banana?

Re: Stones giving plants (apple, rose, banana) to the common people
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 29, 2008 10:01

Of course I´d have eaten Ronnie´s banana.

Me and my mates even drank the rest of Mick´s Evian bottle
at Stade De France after one of us caught it in 2003:
"Drink! Drink! Drink!"

Not kidding!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home