Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's London Times Interview
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 22, 2008 18:14

I just read that interview that was on another thread, but the last two quotes stood out for me so much that I just HAD to quote them here:

Watts: I think we should carry on. It seems that whenever we stop I get ill. The last time we had a break I got throat cancer. I do all my exercises, I don't smoke, and I don't drink, yet I'm the one in the band that got it. I was lying there thinking, “This is it.” I went into hospital and eight months later Mick said, “We're going to do a record. But we'll only start when you are ready.” They were buggering about, writing songs, and when I was ready I went down and that was it, we made A Bigger Bang. Then we did a two-year tour.

Richards: We love what we do, simple as that. We were the whipping hounds, you know, but that's calmed down. Now we're the wrinkled rockers, right? But I still have the energy. I put that down to not eating a lot. And drinking a lot. Not eating a lot, and good weed. Honestly I'd do this job even if I were in a wheelchair.

p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-22 21:17 by timbernardis.

Re: Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's NY Times Interview
Posted by: chippy ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:42

funny one from good old Bill

Re: Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's NY Times Interview
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: March 22, 2008 20:56

Now that I think of it, with the two heaviest smokers/drinkers you can imagine in the band, Charlie being the one getting a cancer is pretty ironic.

Re: Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's Times Interview
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 22, 2008 21:03

the interview from the Times (the London one, not the New York one) is here: [www.iorr.org]
thanks to Stargroves

Re: Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's London Times Interview
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 22, 2008 21:18

yeah, you're goddam right on that one. thanks

p

Re: Great Quotes from Charlie and Keith in today's London Times Interview
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 22, 2008 22:41

well charlie did his share of smoking from the 60s -early 80s so that could have done it, among other things

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1352
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home