Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Jagger : 48 minutes audio interview for RS magazine Italia (Exile content)
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:09

Mick interviewed in London - december 11th 2009.

[www.rollingstonemagazine.it]

Mick is on the front page of the magazine too :

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 20:19 by Massimo68.

Re: Jagger : 48 minutes audio interview for Rolling Stone Italia
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:28

Fantastic! Thanks!

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:42

what year is this photo?
1976?

Date: February 1, 2010 18:50

FANTASTIC interview - Jagger is amazing--so funny, down to earth and engaged--you think about other legends and how they present during an interview - the pretentious affectations of springsteen (hick accent), bono (speaks as if he is always giving a speech) and so many others--here you just have a seasoned pro, clear, focused, smart--Jagger is the freaking king

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 18:51 by hbwriter.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:54

hbwriter
what year is this photo?
1976?

Well, firstly thanks Massimo68.

The pics were done in 1975.

There is a whole thread about these pics and paitings/ prints/ collages which were done by Andy Warhol:

With a lot of photos and links, btw.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: February 1, 2010 18:59

the cover is warhol--but that photo inside looks like 1976

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:02

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:04

so, who's the @#$%& here who got that job of searching through the bootlegs. rockman? mathijs? gazza? erikjjf? with sssoul?

Date: February 1, 2010 19:13

Last but not least, it can be heard how good condition is his voice in!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:21

Just an absolutely fantastic interview.

An intellectual conversation with loads of insight. This is the type of interview that really separates the fluff from the facts.

One of the best interviews with Mick I've ever heard. Sort of reminds me of two historians discussing past events. This deserves a sticky status locked on the front page.

Date: February 1, 2010 19:30

some impressions

- mick bought a book with all the song recording dates, to find out when the starting point for exile was (1969 loving cup). So he was looking at a period of 1969 to 1972 to find possible outtakes.

- two kind of outtakes: alternate versions and songs that only people who buy bootlegs have heard. he took the best of both kind (so, is there also stuff that was not on bootlegs?)

- mick did the mix, put extra things on it like percussions etc. (he didn't mention vocals or guitar parts)

- mick was interested in remixing, but the original exile songs were only remastered - but it sounds very different from the "old" version, it was also easier as they are on max. 8 tracks.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:32

Lorenz
so, who's the @#$%& here who got that job of searching through the bootlegs. rockman? mathijs? gazza? erikjjf? with sssoul?

That was my thought exactly! Had to laugh when he said he had to go out and buy a discography. Seems it's just me but I found the interviewer very annoying confused smiley

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:47

The Sicilian
Just an absolutely fantastic interview.

An intellectual conversation with loads of insight. This is the type of interview that really separates the fluff from the facts.

One of the best interviews with Mick I've ever heard. Sort of reminds me of two historians discussing past events. This deserves a sticky status locked on the front page.

+1 absolutely

Date: February 1, 2010 19:56

Beast
Lorenz

That was my thought exactly! Had to laugh when he said he had to go out and buy a discography. Seems it's just me but I found the interviewer very annoying confused smiley

yeah, the interviewer - did he try to impersonate keith by always saying "you know what I mean"?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:57

Lorenz

If it was me, I wouldnt be too quick at admitting to giving him outtakes from the late 70s by mistake!

Just listening to it now. Superb interview so far. Surprisingly detailed and technical by Jagger's standards. Thanks for sharing it, Massimo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 20:02 by Gazza.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:24

This is a fascinating interview. Unfortunately, the interviewer keeps interrupting Jagger every time he was about to say something interesting about Exile. I wonder which book Jagger picked up. I've been wanting to get one with all the recording dates, including the outtakes, etc. Any suggestions?

Re: Jagger : 48 minutes audio interview for RS magazine Italia (Exile content)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:33

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about, the entire Beatles catalogue being remixed.

HA!

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:38

Yes the interviewer is SO annoying - he interrupts and prevents all sorts of interesting things being said. Sounds like a stupid postmodern guy who wants to have Mick speaking about "ongoing processes" and whatever "getting out of your bourgeois, your body, extend your perception". Perhaps he is shy and therefore overdoing it. But he seems to believe he knows what the Stones were about better than Jagger. ANNOYING! Love when he goes into one of his rants and Jagger, ever so polite, goes, "yes... that's quite obvious".

Jagger, v. interesting on soldiers from nam being reviled when going back home; the interview is clearly not following him because he cannot anticipate anything else than stupid hippy soundbites.

Jagger is cooooool!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 20:40 by otonneau.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:40

The interviewer sounds daft. He INSISTS that the Beatles catalouge is remixed! What are he talking about. Stupid guy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:44

I enjoy listening at monent, but what is this Italian fixation? Nothing wrong with that, but are only the Italians interested on Jagger, or Jagger only on Italians?eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 21:03 by Doxa.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:47

skipstone
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about, the entire Beatles catalogue being remixed.

HA!

Yep, Mick was right. Let It Be (Naked) was remixed and the new remasters were not. The interviewer has no idea what he's talking about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 20:48 by ajc68.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 1, 2010 20:58

hbwriter
FANTASTIC interview - Jagger is amazing--so funny, down to earth and engaged--you think about other legends and how they present during an interview - the pretentious affectations of springsteen (hick accent), bono (speaks as if he is always giving a speech) and so many others--here you just have a seasoned pro, clear, focused, smart--Jagger is the freaking king
Here we go again. ANY chance you can ever make a post withput taking a cheap shot ast SPringsteen. What the hell are yo utalking about with the fake hick accent. The guy's from New Jersey and never pretended differently.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 1, 2010 21:01

It is fascinating to hear MIck being so into it and detailed! He seems to love to talk about the substantive matters and in specific terms, much more than the interviewer! The EXILE seems to be so much and full in his mind. He even skips interviewer try to shift the talk to LSE and money ("What that has to do with"?") and goes back talk about the technical matters...

- Doxa

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 1, 2010 21:08

bruce doesn't have a fake accent; but he's a fake blue-collar guy....

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 21:13

Let's hope that Mick will do a lot more press in the coming months (this plus the brief Larry King appearance are way too rare!). He's alway interesting, smart, detailed etc. Hopefully going back into the vaults for the Exile stuff was cathartic and he wants to talk some more. As he said the reissues aren't necessarily going to sell a lot. I'd just like to hear some good interviewers spend a good hour or so with him that know a little about what they are talking about.

thanks for posting the interview!

Date: February 1, 2010 21:16

T&A-i dunno, that nasally, twangy woody guthrie thing doesn't really seem borne of the jersey shore

Date: February 1, 2010 21:19

Mick's hardly averse to putting on bizarre accents himself which arent exactly from the Thames estuary. Anyway it hardly bloody matters ffs.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 1, 2010 21:20

hbwriter
T&A-i dunno, that nasally, twangy woody guthrie thing doesn't really seem borne of the jersey shore

well, guthrie died in joisey, so maybe he picked it up that way....

Posted by: skipstone ()

Let It Be...Naked was an actual remix or was it the original mixes? As in, before wig head got ahold of it and ruined it.

T&A
hbwriter

well, guthrie died in joisey, so maybe he picked it up that way....

LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 21:23 by Gazza.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home