Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Keith's Autobiography Due in October
Date: February 3, 2010 06:01

Well keep in mind Dylan's Chronicles was a fairly short book and still worked..its not the quantity but the quality..

Also, it can't be worse than Clapton's bio no matter what!

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: February 3, 2010 10:22

behroez

No he only has an incredible selective memory, for example Keith always says that they didn't tour from 1966 to 1969, his words have become so authorative that even in the booklet accompanying the Anniversary Get Yer it has been written that the Stones hadn't toured between 1966 and 1969, which is a seriouos mistake that should not be expected in a booklet included in a box accompanying an official release. Apart from him claiming that the Stones are Ian's band (not Brian's, but ofcourse that one is a deliberate selectivity).

Yes, that´s what I think as well. And unfortunately I believe, that we will not get much credible information about who wrote what, which is what interests many here the most. Or maybe I should say, I will not take every word for a fact. According to Mick Keith sometimes confuses songs, when he talks about how he wrote them.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: February 3, 2010 15:44

Interviewed a well-known journalist this week who has been asked by James Fox to contribute to the 70's section of Keith's book. Apparently Keith has an excellent memory for the 60's but the 70's are a bit of a mystery...

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:02

It is amazing the amount of stuff you can remember when you sit down and focus and have things to remind of you certain days etc.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: February 3, 2010 17:43

His Majesty
It is amazing the amount of stuff you can remember when you sit down and focus and have things to remind of you certain days etc.

Do you think he has the discipline to go through this process. This is known to be very exhausting mentally, even more so if there are elements of your life story that you are not too proud of and have therefore blocked out for some time.
I would not be at all surprised if the 70's are a bit of a blur to Keith. I imagine it's not easy making up the balance for that whole period on a personal level, think of the damage caused to others by his self-indulgent lifestyle. I hope somehow he has owned up to this, but I'm not sure.
I think sometimes Keith has become so familiar with his own stories (in the embellished form) that he has a hard time remembering the more truthful version of events.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-03 17:48 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 3, 2010 18:53

it won't matter. it'll sell big. I can't wait to see it displayed in Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc..with a cover portrait of him, all smiling and looking the essence of rock.

Date: February 3, 2010 19:33

duke richardson
it won't matter. it'll sell big. I can't wait to see it displayed in Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc..with a cover portrait of him, all smiling and looking the essence of rock.

Like this ?

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 3, 2010 19:42

When the hell was that picture taken? He looks pregnant.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 3, 2010 19:53

His Majesty
are paid lots and lots of money.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:34

stoned in washington dc
Well keep in mind Dylan's Chronicles was a fairly short book and still worked..its not the quantity but the quality..

Also, it can't be worse than Clapton's bio no matter what!

Haven't read Clappo's yet but Bob's is probably my second favourite music book (after Ian Hunter's Diary of a Rock & Roll Star). If Keith's is as good as that I'll be very happy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:54

Lightnin'
duke richardson

Like this ?

Cool picture! Could be an ancient bluesman (He is!) or a Mafia hit man with his gun in a guitar case (He might be!).

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: February 3, 2010 20:59

KeefintheNight82
When the hell was that picture taken? He looks pregnant.
were you expecting him to have a 6 pack?
oh wait, he stopped drinking...

Date: February 3, 2010 21:15

Elmo Lewis
Lightnin'
duke richardson

Like this ?

Cool picture! Could be an ancient bluesman (He is!) or a Mafia hit man with his gun in a guitar case (He might be!).
yes! that is a great photo.

I was thinking of a close in photo, complete with hair objects, smoke , skull ring, kinda like the one on Talk Is Cheap but more recent....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2010 21:39

Elmo Lewis
Lightnin'
duke richardson

Like this ?

I always wanted to look like Keith. Now I do.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 3, 2010 21:55

I think somebody photoshopped the potbelly...

Date: February 3, 2010 22:27

duke richardson
I think somebody photoshopped the potbelly...

Although it's tempting to fool yourself like that, the photo has not been messed with. Keith's been spending a little too much time on the couch in the last 2 years.

Date: February 3, 2010 22:42

hi, Mick Taylor!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home