Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'The Pint' in Amsterdam!
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 8, 2007 19:22

So I was walking around the Red Light district in Amsterdam a few nights ago, blissfully stoned and admiring the scenery (no, I did not make any purchases!!!)

It was my first time in the Red Light district, and I was just about to leave when I heard the unmistakable sound of Bobby Keys lending his indelible touch to a live YCAGWYW. It was coming from a pub called the 'The Pint' so I wandered in.

To my delight, the owner is clearly a big Stones fan ... all kinds of Stones memorabilia, and lots of pictures of him with Keith and Charlie (although Charlie looks soooo uncomfortable!!)

And a bootleg 'Jointrip' video of the Stones ('76??) was playing on the widescreen TV. Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!

Drew

Re: 'The Pint' in Amsterdam!
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 8, 2007 19:30

a nice find

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 8, 2007 21:41

Is that the place that has a big hanging Rolling Stones sign outside the front of the building?

Hey Rooster is that you in the bar?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: November 8, 2007 21:49

Awesome. It sounds like a dream or a scene out of a Quentin Tarantino movie. Did anyone get "whacked"? That would have been the icing on the cake.

Date: November 8, 2007 21:50

CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that the place that has a big hanging Rolling
> Stones sign outside the front of the building?
>
>

No, I think you're thinking of the pub in Leidseplein square (also in Amsterdam) that has a huge Stones tongue out front. I went in there too but not much was going on.

Drew

Date: November 8, 2007 22:17

I was thinking it was Rembrandtplein, but you are probably right, I haven't been there for years.

Here's a photo I found on the web of it.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 8, 2007 23:24

It was in Leidseplein. I was there this summer, but unfortunately they were about to close the business.
During the Licks tour, there were some great pre-show parties there...under the big red tongue!
Sad that it had to change ownership. Anybody out there know nwhat has become of it?

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: November 8, 2007 23:40

here we go,

robert from austria

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2007 00:23

How can they name a Dutch pub The Pint? The coutry where they serve beer in real perfecty sized half pint glasses only?

Bjornulf

Date: November 9, 2007 00:41

bv Wrote:
How can they name a Dutch pub The Pint? The coutry where they serve beer in real perfecty sized half pint glasses only?

A friend of mine ordered a beer at a cafe in Paris and they brought it to him in a teacup. It was so funny!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 9, 2007 02:44

CindyC Wrote:
> Is that the place that has a big hanging Rolling
> Stones sign outside the front of the building?
>
>
> Hey Rooster is that you in the bar?

i think you was in the black and white C....oh its been said before...hmm loved that story about the tea cup!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-09 02:47 by rooster.

Posted by: Simon ()
Date: November 9, 2007 11:42

This pub at the Leidseplein is a ripoff. 5€ for a pint means -even in amsterdam- that there are only drunk americans and british people inside, and willing to pay. nothing against you guys,but for me that's to expensive.

went there (a+dam) last time and met an old friend, who's living there. great shops, great pubs...

By the way: Anyone went to the greatest recordstore ever, the BackBeat? Incredible...

Simon

PS: The video of that pub is awesome...

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: November 9, 2007 22:17

Anyone have the address for 'The Pint' ?

Date: November 10, 2007 00:58

barking paul Wrote:
> Anyone have the address for 'The Pint' ?

Its next to the "Heart of Amsterdam Hotel", which is at Oudezijds Achterburgwal 118-120. Just keep your ears open for Bobby Keys and you'll find it...

Drew

Date: November 10, 2007 20:40

I thought Amsterdam was under a pint of water?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: donvito27 ()
Date: November 10, 2007 21:14

been to Amsterdam before but didnt came across that pub...well next time smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home